The Ethan Pocic Transformation

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. From everything I read during the off-season, I was expecting a little more of a George Fant transformation. Aside from his gut, I'm not seeing a lot of difference physique wise. Hopefully he improved his strength significantly and makes a big jump this year. We need him.

HHs9CIO

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Arms & legs are noticeably thicker. He still has time to convert fat into good weight. He struggled last year to hold his ground. Hopefully the added weight will help him not be overpowered. He’s the favorite to win the starting Left Guard position entering his 2nd year. The other options at that spot are Jordan Roos (somewhat of a fan favorite because of his athleticism), 3rd-year LT/LG Rees Odhiambo, and rookie Jamarco Jones.

original poster

Reaction score
I agree that picture doesn't do him much justice.

Let's see how he looks in preseason.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping that someone like Beavers steps up. He had great scouting reports coming out, good size, length, and athleticism. Entering his 3rd season, the game should be slowing down for him.

Isaiah Battle is interesting to me since we gave up a draft pick to get him from the Chiefs. 6'7" and 290 though? Get this man a cheeseburger. I think he must have edited his wikipedia page himself as it says 350 lbs, but everywhere else on the net says 290 :)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Battle has gained a lot of weight since his rookie season. He looks around 325 lbs now I would guess. Has very quick, nimble footwork but doesn’t finish many blocks and has struggled to improve as a run blocker, even with the added weight. He could be a dark horse to make the roster if he improves technique and physicality under Solari.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
Even seahawks.com has him at 290 lbs. Shouldn't surprise me though. Joey Hunt is listed at 6'2" (lol).

Seymour

Reaction score
What is the basis of the posts saying this pic does him no justice? Are there better pics showing this is not representative of how he looks today? :?:

Seymour

Reaction score
Smellyman":3sym9q3q said:
Earl's thighs are too big. It is making him slow.

Yep and Penny's are too thin and they will snap like a twig. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":co8vihxf said:
SoulfishHawk":co8vihxf said:
Earl is slow? :34853_doh:
If you have never had a joke go over your head; it just happened.

It wasn't a joke. Someone actually said that last year when Earl was rehabbing, and it was stated again sarcastically.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
purpleneer":27kw1wti said:
I guess I'm still in the minority. He's the one guy I hope isn't the choice and my least favorite draft pick of recent years.

Worse than McDowell, Prosise or Ifedi?

At least Pocic is on the field and playing sorta kinda well..............these stiffs either didn't even play, barely played or we wished they weren't playing.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hmqqper said:
purpleneer":1hmqqper said:
I guess I'm still in the minority. He's the one guy I hope isn't the choice and my least favorite draft pick of recent years.

Worse than McDowell, Prosise or Ifedi?

At least Pocic is on the field and playing sorta kinda well..............these stiffs either didn't even play, barely played or we wished they weren't playing.
The only one close is McDowell, and he was at least a swing for the fences. It was a risk that didn't pay off, but not like it was really beyond the risk continually made in guys like Big Ben and Gronk, who have been as reckless at ages when their maturity should be much stronger.

Jville

Reaction score
Patience Grasshopper

Cszzqquc6f6idveviejm
Ethan Pocic with 11 starts at age 22 coming off his first year.

M2dge5jazihwe8mpbcuc
Battle hardened Justin Britt with 63 starts at age 26 going into his fifth season in the system.

This is going to be a year of visible progress and encouragement. :2thumbs:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's good that he set out to get stronger, but there are risks with adding 20 pounds in a short span. For his own sake, he needs to cool it with the heavy lifting and concentrate on functionally strengthening stabilizers and ligaments while trying to maintain flexibility and such before training camp. I said the same thing about Fant last year. Granted, he got rolled up on, but the same still applies.