Seahawks Linebackers are Best in NFL

hawknation2018

Reaction score
For ESPN Insider, analytical website Pro Football Focus took a look around the league and named the best position groups now that the NFL Draft and and busy part of free agency are over. Using grading from PFF's database, the Seahawks earn a mention in the article for having the league's best linebackers, led by Pro Bowlers Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright. Here's what PFF had to say:

"The duo of Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright is as good as it gets. Wagner is coming off back-to-back elite seasons with overall PFF grades of 90.8 in 2016 and 96.7 in 2017, while Wright has posted a grade of 80-plus in every season since 2011, including a career-high 89.5 in 2015. As the league becomes more dependent on nickel packages featuring only two linebackers, Wagner and Wright are perfect three-down players capable of playing both man and zone coverage while showing well against the run in the blitz game. The addition of fifth-round rookie Shaquem Griffin adds another versatile threat to the linebacking corps. He's strong in the running game, grading at 80.6 last year at UCF, but it's his ability to rush the passer -- he had the second-best pass-rush productivity in the draft class at 17.8 last season -- that makes him a potential chess piece for Seattle's defense in nickel and dime packages."

https://www.seahawks.com/news/tuesday-r ... est-in-nfl

ESPN Insider link:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_ ... ball-focus

The one guy they didn't mention (SLB Barklevious Mingo) might be the biggest reason for improvement. We haven't had a legit do-it-all-SLB, who can hold the edge, drop in coverage, and rush the passer, since Bruce Irvin.

Actually, the biggest reason for excitement about this group might be the return of fiery Ken Norton, Jr.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
You just know that Ken will have the guys slobber knocking on a whole 'nother level this year. I can feel it coming and I feel bad for the opponents who are going to have to face these guys.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Well like almost every team in the NFL they only play with two of them 60% of the time and Wagner and Wright are a damn good two to have on the field every down.

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, if there was still any debate, the Seahawks just signed LB Dadi Nicolas.

END OF DISCUSSION!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
James in PA":1xz0pb3g said:
Well, if there was still any debate, the Seahawks just signed LB Dadi Nicolas.

END OF DISCUSSION!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game changer.