Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chris Carson Rookie Highlights

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 pm
  • If he had stayed healthy, 2017 would have been a completely different season.

    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17211
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 pm
  • Week 2

    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17211
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 pm
  • "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17211
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 am
  • Thanks for the vids. I hope he can recover fully.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 14908
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 am
  • A healthy Carson and Penny? Oh my. That is one hell of a one-two punch.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12216
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 am
  • Hard to even remember that there was any production from the RB position last year. On paper the RB position looks like it could be very good in 18. I’m excited to see how it plays out. I really believe that between Penny and Carson along with a sprinkling of McKissick, the running game will be much better and the line will be perceived as a big part of that. At the end of last year neither unit was any good.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1570
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 am
  • If he'd stayed healthy,we might still have Cabevell,hope he recovers fully and then we can make the so called experts in the media look stupid. Gohawks!!!
    User avatar
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 am
    Location: u.k.


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 am
  • daveyoung52 wrote:If he'd stayed healthy,we might still have Cabevell,hope he recovers fully and then we can make the so called experts in the media look stupid. Gohawks!!!


    Good point. An unexpected benefit to an injury. In that line of thinking, "Thank You Blair Walsh!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17211
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 am
  • Chris Carson, Oklahoma St. -- An injury waiting to happen? Can he be counted on to play in more than 3/4 games?

    2013-2014 = No Freshman or Sophomore games. (likely he was a scrub, mostly injured or both.)
    2015: (Junior Year) 131 rushes for 517-yds, 3.9-ypc, 4-TD's (this isn't lead back stuff - at all.)
    2016: (Senior Year) 82 rushes for 559-yds, 6.8-ypc, 9-TD's. (Low # of rushes, injured a lot, but showed some potential.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (After an obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
    2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
    Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes IF he can avoid further injuries which IMO is unlikely, given his history.

    RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or a game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

    IMO-The "starting" RB at this point in time is Carson in name only, and then only because he was here first. Penney, by virtue of being a 1-st Round pick will undoubtedly be the starting RB from the get go. With all of the running game help in this draft, Penney will be dynamite. Very telling when PC/JS said "Penney ran a lot of the same plays we do", + considering he came from a heavy running game pro style attack, a perfect match!
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    User avatar
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1360
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am
  • I'll be really happy with Penny/Mckissic/pick a fullback combo
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1551
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (After an obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
    2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
    Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes IF he can avoid further injuries which IMO is unlikely, given his history.

    RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or a game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

    You make it sound as if Carson is injury-prone, but he hasn't had any issues while a Seahawks before having his leg broken in a tackle that pretty much would have broken anyone else's leg. People just don't bend that way.

    I get the injury-prone tag thrown at guys who get "soft" injuries or hold themselves out with niggles, but come on - there's nothing unique to Carson that caused his leg to break. Maybe Penny hasn't missed a game because he hasn't had anyone fall on the back of his leg while another player was bending him over like a pretzel.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2042
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm
  • Carson was in a Passing offense in college, why he has good hands, he also had to pass block why he was ahead of the curve, they didn't run a lot either. Let tell the full story about the kid instead of just choosing what to use to trash him.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23964
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 6:52 pm
  • I'm gonna call Chris Carson ends the year with the most rushing yards on the team, just a feeling.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2722
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 pm
  • He is injury prone, BUT, do you know why he missed 4 games during his Senior season?

    Thumb injury.

    So, he's not like CJ Prosise who'll get injured simply by running down the field on a special teams play.

    Chris Carson looked good running behind our OLine. can't wait to see the Caron/Penny show....both can run and catch the ball making both a 3 down back.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 679
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 pm


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 pm
  • The Boz and Chris Carson....got ya....

    the truth is injuries and staying healthy are everything.

    the weird things the offensive line did......we could of had anyone. wouldnt have mattered.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Carson starts at first while Penny learns pass pro.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15565
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Carson starts at first while Penny learns pass pro.


    I wouldn't be shocked, either.

    With that said I still expect Penny to start, I'm expecting him to pick up the basics during training camp and preseason.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3140
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Carson starts at first while Penny learns pass pro.


    I wouldn't be shocked, either.

    With that said I still expect Penny to start, I'm expecting him to pick up the basics during training camp and preseason.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if the goal wasn’t to have a situation like the Saints had last year with Ingram/Kamara. I’d like that kind of split. People are too caught up on if he will start or not to justify the pick. It’s not about that to me. Kamara would have been worth a top 10 pick last year, yet he wasn’t technically their starter. Could see something similar here.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 am


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (After an obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
    2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
    Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes IF he can avoid further injuries which IMO is unlikely, given his history.

    RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or a game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

    You make it sound as if Carson is injury-prone, but he hasn't had any issues while a Seahawks before having his leg broken in a tackle that pretty much would have broken anyone else's leg. People just don't bend that way.

    I get the injury-prone tag thrown at guys who get "soft" injuries or hold themselves out with niggles, but come on - there's nothing unique to Carson that caused his leg to break. Maybe Penny hasn't missed a game because he hasn't had anyone fall on the back of his leg while another player was bending him over like a pretzel.

    No matter how much Carson has been injured..Procise has him beat by far hands down.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3863
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Chris Carson Rookie Highlights
Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 am
  • Complete off topic - the music in that video is gag inducing.... some weird amalgamation of dubstep/hiphop/pop and... whatever...

    It's like Britney Spears, R. Kelly, Kayne West, and a Kangaroo all got in the same teleporter -- you know, like in "The Fly" except instead of a brundlefly we got whatever the hell horror show was that just assaulted my ears.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1932
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ




It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online