Where Mike Solari goes, head coaches get fired?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Using Jim Harbaugh's ridiculous firing to explain anything is funny. They had one of the best offensive lines in the league with Solari.

What was I saying before about correlation (particularly small sample correlation) NOT implying causation?

Fieldgulls has really jumped the shark with this one.

Seymour

Reaction score
Fact is most head coaches end up getting fired at some point. They skip some years of coaching to reach and make their point here. Hairbag was fired for being a pill not for being crappy anyway! Not buying this crap myself. :roll:

Atradees

Reaction score
Pete could likely go anywhere he wanted with Superbowls and half the league taking his defensive philosophy and trying to emulate it.

I am hopeful Solari can resurrect the run game.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Only alarm in the write up was with the 9ers. Solaris was the carryover from Singletary era when Harbaugh took over, he was named co-OL coach with Harbaugh’s own OL dude from Stanford. The line worked well, but the other dude left for USC during Harbaugh’s last season and the line performance dropped dramatically, partially contributed towards the firing. Not sure if injury played a part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigMeach

Reaction score
I would imagine you could do this with any team. Find a player and/or coach that everywhere they were before head coach was fired. Streaks are meant to end.

mikeak

Reaction score
So lets exclude Harbaugh because everyone knows that results was not behind getting fired (unless you count not winning the superbowl twice which is ok result to me for this season)

So lets look at the others

Then ask yourself - where are they now....

If you don't know then you also know why they got fired the first time

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
There's exactly one decent writer over at Fieldgulls anymore, and it ain't Gilbert.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete and John hired Solari and have given him the same talent to work for as his fires predecessor. In the event that this years online turns out to be as bad or worse than last season’s it could lead to a firing that would have little to do with Solari.

Seafan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3j10e0ri said:
Pete and John hired Solari and have given him the same talent to work for as his fires predecessor. In the event that this years online turns out to be as bad or worse than last season’s it could lead to a firing that would have little to do with Solari.

Cable didn't have Brown for a full season. He didn't have Fluker. He didn't have a 30 pound bigger Pocic and Fant for 16 games. Not the same. Also, look at the RBs and the blocking TEs. The national media believes the Hawks haven't done a thing. Some fans must also believe that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok but The question is not “have they done a thing” it’s “have they done enough?”...

Jville

Reaction score
Seafan":36nk4bus said:
brimsalabim":36nk4bus said:

Cable didn't have Brown for a full season. He didn't have Fluker. He didn't have a 30 pound bigger Pocic and Fant for 16 games. Not the same. Also, look at the RBs and the blocking TEs. The national media believes the Hawks haven't done a thing. Some fans must also believe that.

I hear that. I think you might have just exposed how incredibly shallow the linked article was and what a huge leap of inference many are prone to make. But hey, it fills the dead space of this time of year. Besides if it was posted on the internet .......... then :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
I have stated this in different ways but here is another go, it may not be the players as much as how Cable tried to use them, think of trying to use a bottle opener to open a can of beans, just is a bad use of the tool and application. You can get some of the beans out with a bottle opener if you use the pointed end a lot but it is a lot of wasted effort and using a regular can opener would work better.

Hoping Solari knows what the players do well and let them do it.