Texans vs Seahawks “2017”

pmedic920

Reaction score
Was picked at #4 on ESPNs top 10 games of the year (2017)

I just watched a bunch of highlights from that game, and had forgotten how entertaining it really was.

I’ll attempt to add the highlights later but won’t be offended if someone beats me to it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Have watched this one a few times. Great game from start to finish. Our D got absolutely shredded that day. But still got the W. Glad I got to see that Watson in person, he's gonna' be special no doubt.

Own The West

Reaction score
Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? He underthrew a couple while running for his life in this game. It's a well known fact that he is one of the best long ball passers in the entire league. :?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Own The West":2tmgleoe said:
Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.

How about commenting on the game, or where it was picked on the list?

Feel free to start your own thread about your opinion of the “deep ball” that RW throws.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I saw a two QB's who left it all on the field, and two teams that gave it all they had. It felt like a playoff game. Could have went either way. Def. my favorite game last season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best game of the year (regular season) by two teams period. Entertaining from start to finish.

kidhawk

Reaction score
So glad that I came down for this game. This was an amazing game. Still have it on my DVR (only one from last season) and have watched it multiple times.

Tical21

Reaction score
I personally thought that game was atrocious. Between our defense spending the entire first half completely lost and the Texans spending the entire second half biting hard on playfakes even though we never ran the ball, it was literally some of the worst defense I have EVER seen. If you consider a game where each team scores at will without any resistance your idea of fun, it was probably like living in Utopia. I just thought it was mostly too poor quality of football to watch.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":11hgtrs3 said:
I personally thought that game was atrocious. Between our defense spending the entire first half completely lost and the Texans spending the entire second half biting hard on playfakes even though we never ran the ball, it was literally some of the worst defense I have EVER seen. If you consider a game where each team scores at will without any resistance your idea of fun, it was probably like living in Utopia. I just thought it was mostly too poor quality of football to watch.
Me too..I totally agree...This was up there with the SB (sloppy defense)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^^^
I have no idea what criteria they use to pick the games on this list, and I absolutely love when my team plays great defense but this game was entertaining for me.

There are many facets to a football game, and the fact is, if both teams played perfect defense, football would be unwatchable for me.

Admittedly this game was not up to our expectations on the defensive side but IMHO this game was very entertaining.

I’m glad it made the list, and it wouldn’t have hurt my feelings if had been picked higher.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some games are blowouts, some are low scoring snot knockers. You can choose to enjoy it or not :irishdrinkers:
That game was a blast. Right up there with the Steelers game in November of 2015. Very little D and a great back and forth battle.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":27l9mnzg said:
Anybody that didn’t enjoy this game should try watching Soccer on TV, they would love it.

:{)
Ha Ha ..Would rather watch you drive by with the siren going..
I should clarify that a sloppy offensive game is not fun either as we
had plenty of those last year as well.I could go for that game as being
the best offensive game we had.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Here's the thing...for me, a perfect game for any Seahawks fan is our Superbowl win over Denver. We dominated both sides of the ball, that is how I want my team to play every week.

If you want it to be a good game though, that means both teams play to a close score and are in it til the end. You just aren't going to get that with a good offensive and defensive performance. When there's a close game that means either the offense or the defense weren't as dominating as the other.

The Texans game was not a beautifully executed game by our defense. There is no denying that, but if you look at it purely for entertainment value, the best games are close games that have multiple lead changes.

Houston Leads 7-0
Seattle ties it at 7
Houston Leads 14-7
Seattle ties it at 14
Houston leads 21-14
Seattle ties it at 21
Houston leads 24-21
Seattle ties it at 24
Seattle takes the lead at 27-24
Houston takes the lead 31-27
Seattle takes the lead 34-31
Houston takes the lead 38-34
Seattle takes the lead 41-38
Sherman intercepts a pass to seal the win

Tical21

Reaction score
I get it that it is back and forth, and you don't know who is going to win, and there are a lot of big plays going on, and everybody loves offense, I get it. But when the defense in the game over and over is eye-rollingly bad, like "you gotta be kidding me" bad, I find it unwatchable. It's like, when is enough enough? It's just awful football.

Like, the UW/Baylor Alamo Bowl. I know a lot of people that love that game and thought it was one of the most exciting things they have ever seen. I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. It's just stupid. It's like watching a team practice against air.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm not sure when the last unexciting Seahawks game was but it's been a very long time. Maybe that Giants road trip in 2008 where Hasselbeck went down with the knee injury, Julius Jones kept rushing for 1 yards and then Josh Wilson couldn't cover anybody.