Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Texans vs Seahawks “2017”

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 am
  • Was picked at #4 on ESPNs top 10 games of the year (2017)

I just watched a bunch of highlights from that game, and had forgotten how entertaining it really was.

I’ll attempt to add the highlights later but won’t be offended if someone beats me to it.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 am
  • ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Texans vs Seahawks “2017”
Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am
  • Have watched this one a few times. Great game from start to finish. Our D got absolutely shredded that day. But still got the W. Glad I got to see that Watson in person, he's gonna' be special no doubt.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am
  • Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am
  • The play towards the end that you can see Earl grab his hamstring!

I remember almost having a heart attack.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am
  • What a great game that was. #1 for 2017 IMO.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 am
  • ? He underthrew a couple while running for his life in this game. It's a well known fact that he is one of the best long ball passers in the entire league. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 11:57 am
  • Own The West wrote:Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

I understand he's being coached to put air under it to let his receivers make a play, but when he flattens it out and gets it there earlier he absolutely shreds defenses. I'll be curious to see if this changes with the new regime.

How about commenting on the game, or where it was picked on the list?

Feel free to start your own thread about your opinion of the “deep ball” that RW throws.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm
  • I saw a two QB's who left it all on the field, and two teams that gave it all they had. It felt like a playoff game. Could have went either way. Def. my favorite game last season.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 pm
  • Best game of the year (regular season) by two teams period. Entertaining from start to finish.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm
  • So glad that I came down for this game. This was an amazing game. Still have it on my DVR (only one from last season) and have watched it multiple times.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu May 17, 2018 12:48 pm
  • I personally thought that game was atrocious. Between our defense spending the entire first half completely lost and the Texans spending the entire second half biting hard on playfakes even though we never ran the ball, it was literally some of the worst defense I have EVER seen. If you consider a game where each team scores at will without any resistance your idea of fun, it was probably like living in Utopia. I just thought it was mostly too poor quality of football to watch.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 12:55 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I personally thought that game was atrocious. Between our defense spending the entire first half completely lost and the Texans spending the entire second half biting hard on playfakes even though we never ran the ball, it was literally some of the worst defense I have EVER seen. If you consider a game where each team scores at will without any resistance your idea of fun, it was probably like living in Utopia. I just thought it was mostly too poor quality of football to watch.

Me too..I totally agree...This was up there with the SB (sloppy defense)
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 pm
  • ^^^^^^
    I have no idea what criteria they use to pick the games on this list, and I absolutely love when my team plays great defense but this game was entertaining for me.

There are many facets to a football game, and the fact is, if both teams played perfect defense, football would be unwatchable for me.

Admittedly this game was not up to our expectations on the defensive side but IMHO this game was very entertaining.

I’m glad it made the list, and it wouldn’t have hurt my feelings if had been picked higher.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm
  • Some games are blowouts, some are low scoring snot knockers. You can choose to enjoy it or not :irishdrinkers:
    That game was a blast. Right up there with the Steelers game in November of 2015. Very little D and a great back and forth battle.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 1:39 pm
  • Anybody that didn’t enjoy this game should try watching Soccer on TV, they would love it.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Anybody that didn’t enjoy this game should try watching Soccer on TV, they would love it.

:{)

Ha Ha ..Would rather watch you drive by with the siren going..
    I should clarify that a sloppy offensive game is not fun either as we
    had plenty of those last year as well.I could go for that game as being
    the best offensive game we had.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 pm
  • Here's the thing...for me, a perfect game for any Seahawks fan is our Superbowl win over Denver. We dominated both sides of the ball, that is how I want my team to play every week.

If you want it to be a good game though, that means both teams play to a close score and are in it til the end. You just aren't going to get that with a good offensive and defensive performance. When there's a close game that means either the offense or the defense weren't as dominating as the other.

The Texans game was not a beautifully executed game by our defense. There is no denying that, but if you look at it purely for entertainment value, the best games are close games that have multiple lead changes.

Houston Leads 7-0
    Seattle ties it at 7
    Houston Leads 14-7
    Seattle ties it at 14
    Houston leads 21-14
    Seattle ties it at 21
    Houston leads 24-21
    Seattle ties it at 24
    Seattle takes the lead at 27-24
    Houston takes the lead 31-27
    Seattle takes the lead 34-31
    Houston takes the lead 38-34
    Seattle takes the lead 41-38
    Sherman intercepts a pass to seal the win

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm
  • I get it that it is back and forth, and you don't know who is going to win, and there are a lot of big plays going on, and everybody loves offense, I get it. But when the defense in the game over and over is eye-rollingly bad, like "you gotta be kidding me" bad, I find it unwatchable. It's like, when is enough enough? It's just awful football.

Like, the UW/Baylor Alamo Bowl. I know a lot of people that love that game and thought it was one of the most exciting things they have ever seen. I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. It's just stupid. It's like watching a team practice against air.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 pm
  • I'm not sure when the last unexciting Seahawks game was but it's been a very long time. Maybe that Giants road trip in 2008 where Hasselbeck went down with the knee injury, Julius Jones kept rushing for 1 yards and then Josh Wilson couldn't cover anybody.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 8:47 pm
  • It was a great game to be at. Watson was awesome. We had to play to our 9's to beat them.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 pm
  • That game must have taken years off my life expectancy. Hell of a game!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 pm
  • Awesome
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 12:32 am
  • I see both sides...Back and forth versus "But the defense stunk!"

I say to the defense stunk crowd, get over it. Sometimes it's just about the game and not if one side or the other hurt your feelers.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 am
  • AgentDib wrote:I'm not sure when the last unexciting Seahawks game was but it's been a very long time. Maybe that Giants road trip in 2008 where Hasselbeck went down with the knee injury, Julius Jones kept rushing for 1 yards and then Josh Wilson couldn't cover anybody.

6-3 loss against the Browns!
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am
  • I'll never understand the fascination with how a WIN looks. Who gives a rip? They won, the game was a blast.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 am
  • I had totally forgotten that int late and needing the 3 and out to get the ball back. IMO, a close game that is all offense and no defense is probably going to be considered a great game to watch vs a close game that is all defense and no offense - like the 6-6 tie with Arizona
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 am
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:I had totally forgotten that int late and needing the 3 and out to get the ball back. IMO, a close game that is all offense and no defense is probably going to be considered a great game to watch vs a close game that is all defense and no offense - like the 6-6 tie with Arizona

I can really enjoy a defensive battle as well as the offensive ones like the texans game, but if it was a defensive battle game, non fans of those teams would be bored, so it would never make a national "best game" ranking. Of course you'd also have those who said the game wasn't good because the offense stunk up the field.

It's really a no win scenario unless we dominate a game like we did against Denver in the Superbowl, but then, the rest of the world looks at that like a horribly dull game.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am
  • Low scoring games can be fun to watch IF both teams are playing hard and the D is dominating. That Tie game at Arizona was pathetic. Both teams looked horrid the entire night, especially the offenses. Boring.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 8:17 am
  • Tical21 wrote:I get it that it is back and forth, and you don't know who is going to win, and there are a lot of big plays going on, and everybody loves offense, I get it. But when the defense in the game over and over is eye-rollingly bad, like "you gotta be kidding me" bad, I find it unwatchable. It's like, when is enough enough? It's just awful football.

Like, the UW/Baylor Alamo Bowl. I know a lot of people that love that game and thought it was one of the most exciting things they have ever seen. I turned it off in the 3rd quarter. It's just stupid. It's like watching a team practice against air.

The benefit with this mindset is that you can watch any game from 1960 through 2000 on video at any time and have endless hours of entertainment

The negative is with changes done and continuing I doubt football will be very entertaining going forward

Not saying you are wrong - just saying that defenses looking bad is also due to a lot of changes to rules and how teams play football these days.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 am
  • Own The West wrote:Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

That was new last year, I thought it might be coached too.

Don't like it.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Fri May 18, 2018 5:01 pm
  • I flew from Kentucky to Washington to watch this game. I’d accepted the likely loss, and lost my mind when they took the lead. Hugged a stranger next to me. Considering my general awkwardness, that’s a big enough deal for me to know it was an incredible game. My wife even almost cared.
    Joshoeuh
    NET Rookie

Fri May 18, 2018 5:35 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Good reel that shows my biggest heartburn on RW too: he underthrows nearly every deep ball.

How about commenting on the game, or where it was picked on the list?

Feel free to start your own thread about your opinion of the “deep ball” that RW throws.

Funny too because the following week Kurt Warner was on a podcast with Kevin Harlan where the former said he believes Wilson throws the best deep ball in the league because he gives the receiver the best chance to get underneath it and win for the ball.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information