Frank Clark Deserves a Real PayDay

SeaChat

Reaction score
I just read an article, with the editor questioning if we should give Frank Clark, a meaningful contract and pay day? Well I say "HELL YES". I felt like asking the guy writing the story, if his IQ was at least equal to his shoe size, as an initial response to such a ridiculous question.
Frank Clark has done nothing but kick asses and take names, since his first day on the field as a Seahawk. He is without a doubt one of the greatest assets we have on our defense, and his work off the line makes it easier for some of our other star power players to get their pound of Quarter Back flesh, game after game, and rack up the stats that they do.
I wish we could assemble a whole line of Frank Clark, caliber players, and that is not to say that we do not already have some phenom linemen, only to compliment Frank for all of his contributions to our Defense. He truly defines "The BOOM", in the Legion of Boom, as well as the BROTHER.
If your going to spend some $$$$ to keep some of our better players around, Frank's name is right at the top of my list of players who need and deserve to get paid.

Go Seahawks!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
we are light on pass rushers, so I agree. Not sure how much he's worth. he's good, not great. Effort guy but not a physical freak or amazing talent.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
A nice above average contract with some incentive to make even better money if he achieves 12+ sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is boom or bust right now. I'm not asking for 16 sacks or something like that, just consistent pressure. He was missing in more than a few times last season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
While Pierre-Paul’s overall production dwarfs Clark, Vernon may be a more reasonable comparison. He recorded 127 combined tackles and 21.5 sacks during his first three seasons with the Dolphins. The 6-foot-2, 268-pound defensive end didn’t necessarily have a breakout season during his last year with Miami, but his 7.5 sacks were enough to coax the Giants into signing him to a five-year, $85 million contract.

Breaking their respective contracts down further, both Pierre-Paul and Vernon struck deals to earn at least $15 million annually. Each player also agreed to terms to receive over $29 million in guaranteed money.

On the flip side, Green Bay re-signed defensive end Nick Perry to a five-year, $60 million contract worth $12 million annually in March 2017. During his first five NFL seasons, Perry had only 23.5 sacks and didn’t become a full-time starter until his fifth season with the Packers. Clark has already far surpassed his production after only three years in the league.

Looking at these recent case studies, Schneider and the Seahawks should expedite the negotiation process and offer Clark a four or five-year deal worth at least $13-14 million per year prior to training camp.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... ank-clark/

bigcc

Reaction score
sdog1981":27ct62k2 said:
He is boom or bust right now. I'm not asking for 16 sacks or something like that, just consistent pressure. He was missing in more than a few times last season.
Boom or bust? He's 24 years old and had 9/10 sacks the past two seasons of his 3 year career... He's putting up those numbers with a few years until he's in his prime...

chris98251

Reaction score
He is also a rotation player since that's how we typically work on line, most our guys rotate in and out unless we have a rash of sudden injuries.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I am hesitant as well. He is good not great. Not dominant, but an effort guy.

If he demands big money than no way. He is not close to top lineman money.

Having Bennett and Avril next to him certainly helped free him up more. But they are gone now so the Hawks need him even more. tough call imo.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Isn't Clark actually a physical freak though? It's been a while but I remember him being very explosive at the combine. Also many top tier guys don't get consistent pressure every game. Von and Khalil have had more than a few games where they were blanked or schemed out of making an impact.

Smellyman

Reaction score
adeltaY":2msprbrz said:
Isn't Clark actually a physical freak though? It's been a while but I remember him being very explosive at the combine. Also many top tier guys don't get consistent pressure every game. Von and Khalil have had more than a few games where they were blanked or schemed out of making an impact.

scheming around somebody is already a huge impact. Those two will also have constant pressure if not always getting a sack and must be accounted for.

I don't care about combine at all. It's how they play

poly1274

Reaction score
Can we see him playing first without Avril and Bennett around?

Seymour

Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for Frank!!

payday-candy-bar.jpg

Seriously though. Yes, he does....just how much will be the key here though. Seems 10-12ish per year is about right of the top of my head.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Roughly figuring....that is about $20 per year per ticket holder for each additional $1 million that you want him to get. And you thought that ticket prices were already too high?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
poly1274":3ns94r0n said:
Can we see him playing first without Avril and Bennett around?

Kinda my fear as well.................if the line without Bennett and Avril stinks, you can be guaranteed teams are going to double team Clark.

But this doesn't mean we shouldn't work hard to get Clark's contract extended. He is the type of player that you want to build around.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":qvzvvr22 said:
we are light on pass rushers, so I agree. Not sure how much he's worth. he's good, not great. Effort guy but not a physical freak or amazing talent.

What to you mean by injecting some reality on the OP hyperbole parade? :stirthepot:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":17j92mfm said:
Be careful what you ask for Frank!!

payday-candy-bar.jpg

Seriously though. Yes, he does....just how much will be the key here though. Seems 10-12ish per year is about right of the top of my head.
I don't think 10-12 is right(Too High)
I want to see what he does this year to even think of pouring money out
on him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Smellyman":1w9dr0yy said:
adeltaY":1w9dr0yy said:

scheming around somebody is already a huge impact. Those two will also have constant pressure if not always getting a sack and must be accounted for.

I don't care about combine at all. It's how they play

The combine point was in response to people saying he's an effort guy and not very athletic. That's simply not true. He's an incredibly explosive athlete. Look at the strip sack he got on Andrew Whitworth in the first Rams game, it was fantastic.

Also you're not right on those two getting constant pressure every single game. Lane Johnson absolutely handled Khalil Mack when they played the Raiders this year, Bryan Bulaga did the same in 2015, Mitchell Scwartz held Von Miller to 1 pressure in 2015, Marcus Cannon came back in 2016 after getting rekt in 2015 and shut Von down, Marcus Gilbert does well against him too. Those are just off the top of my head. There are guys who can single block the top tier edge rushers and sometimes those rushers don't have good games for whatever reason. Also, many people here are worried Frank will get double-teamed now that Cliff and Mike are gone... isn't that scheming around him?

Latest posts