Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Offensive Linemen

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Offensive Linemen
Thu May 24, 2018 6:09 pm
  • That's a lotta beef

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BjLrs0dFori/[/instagram]
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Re: The Offensive Linemen
Thu May 24, 2018 8:52 pm
  • Hmmm, I have no relative analysis.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 pm
  • I see Mike Solari is flanked on either side by his two prized young rookies ..... Skyler Phillips and Jamarco Jones.

Good looking group of 15 which is two more than last year at this time IIRC.

EDIT: Woops ...... Make that 16 which is three more than last year.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 pm
  • Phillips looks big (partially due to the perspective, I know).
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm
  • Very little prime though
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am
  • Who is #62? Looks kind of small.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am
  • Is that a new line formation they are toying with? Someone should tell them they can only line up 5!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Fri May 25, 2018 7:04 am

Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Phillips looks big (partially due to the perspective, I know).

A measurement that we never see is inseam. Comparing the "photo apparent" knee height of #72 to #73 suggests one is an interior lineman and the other belongs outside. A high waist lineman needs to become exceptionally good and consistent at sinking their hips to play on the inside. Where as the conventional thinking on the outside holds that, the more leg the better for pass blocking kick slides.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Who is #62? Looks kind of small.

Marcus Henry, Center from Boise State. The roster lists him at 6' 2" and 303 lbs.

Standing beside Henry is Joey Hunt, #53, who is listed at 6' 2" and 299... essentially the same size.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri May 25, 2018 9:49 am
  • George Fant, #74, looks like he put on too much weight.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Who is #62? Looks kind of small.

Marcus Henry, Center from Boise State. The roster lists him at 6' 2" and 303 lbs.

Standing beside Henry is Joey Hunt, #53, who is listed at 6' 2" and 299... essentially the same size.

An undersized inside overachiever with lots of grit to help launch the process. IIRC, was one of 3 tryout linemen signed.

It is never too early for the coaching staff to begin to look at quickness, pad level and balance.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri May 25, 2018 10:35 am

Isaiah Battle, who was once listed at 290 lbs, looks to be a legitimate 310 lbs now. K.C. Chiefs might very well get that conditional draft pick from Seattle. Always encouraging to see a trade on schedule to become a win / win / win.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri May 25, 2018 11:22 am
    Looking for big second year up grade out of last year's priority rookie free agent lineman ...... Jordan Roos
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri May 25, 2018 5:11 pm
  • Jville wrote:Image

Isaiah Battle, who was once listed at 290 lbs, looks to be a legitimate 310 lbs now. K.C. Chiefs might very well get that conditional draft pick from Seattle. Always encouraging to see a trade on schedule to become a win / win / win.

Long long legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 pm
  • I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 2:01 am
  • Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 am
  • IrishNW wrote:I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.

This! I'm hoping Roos will be legitimately involved in the guard competition.

This group is more exciting than any I can remember in years. There seems to be a lot of promise here. I think this is the year that this team has a top 19 O-line.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 am
  • IrishNW wrote:I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.

The man has a Viking beard and a smile while he's doing drills.
    What exactly makes him "look the part" more than the others?
    As the thread is titled there's a lot of beef in the pic but he's the one you say looks the part :?:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun May 27, 2018 8:53 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Dilly Dilly! Cable to the pit of misery.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 8:53 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Beat me to the post. Linemen should never leave their feet all of their power comes from both feet firmly planted on the ground.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 9:00 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Beat me to the post. Linemen should never leave their feet all of their power comes from both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Unless of course it's doing weighted box jumps to improve explosive power.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 12:14 pm
  • What I see is Solari is starting from ground zero and starting with basics, fundamentals and technique. Teaching the right way and trying to get them to unlearn the ummmm other way. He is going to be the hardest worked coach on the team thru OTA's and training camp. Unlearning is harder to do then learn.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun May 27, 2018 1:52 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Unless of course it's doing weighted box jumps to improve explosive power.

Also true. The picture I remember seeing was the linemen doing there on field stuff and Cable was having them jump and not box jump kind of jump.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 4:30 pm
  • This season, our rebuild, our resurgence, Pete career with the Hawks, heck Pete’s legacy is in solaris’ hands. A single point of failure.

Little doubt that Pete lost part of the locker room since the fatal interception. This season is the much needed reset to cleanse the stench, with full support from Paul and homers like Toffee. As far as reset goes, Pete has done the least when it comes to OL, only adding Fluker; hence the beating we having been taking from so call experts.

I suspect the lack of personnel changes on OL has a strong input from Solaris. He must saw something that other experts couldn’t and Pete trusted him.

As a 12, I am praying Solaris’ correct.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am
  • I'm hoping that under Solari's tutelage that the offensive lineman can actually perform the primary responsibilities of their position. Unlearn the things like "diving at one's knees" that Cable attempted to teach them. That picture from the Packer game last year says it best how the OL functioned under Cable. Orange cones would have been more effective at blocking.

hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 am
  • How could it NOT get better???? :roll: :roll: :pukeface:

5 whiffed cuts & a fumbled snap

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:01 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image

Long long legs

I should note my error ........ in that given that he was released twice, that presumably negated the conditional draft pick.

Battle was drafted, as a development project, by St. Louis in the 2015 supplemental draft, and spent all but seven weeks of his two years with the St. Louis and Los Angeles Rams on the practice squad.
    After two seasons with the Rams, he signed with Kansas City after the 2016 season. The Chiefs obviously didn’t have a home for him, so they packed him off to Seattle for a conditional draft pick. He was never active for the Hawks, and when Duane Brown was added at the trade deadline in late October, Battle was waived from the 53 man roster to make room. He was unemployed for only a matter of days, however, as Seattle signed him to the practice squad the next week. In 2017 Battle twice was waived by the Seahawks and spent a weekend unemployed. Seattle signed him to a futures contract January 3rd of this year. This will be his 4th year so as a development project he is very due to put it all together. He needs snaps.

Given that the front office has been persistent in it's interest in him, a bigger stronger faster Isaiah Battle presents an interesting student for Mike Solari.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.

As the thread is titled there's a lot of beef in the pic but he's the one you say looks the part :?:

He looks like a man that Odin would send to Valhalla.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:58 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    The Breh wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.

So he's dead? :shock:

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:57 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    The Breh wrote:

So he's dead? :shock:

He was betrayed by one of his best, and most trusted friends, Cable. He didn't know why he had to run drills jumping up and down, but he didn't question it. Cables word was law, and he would bring young Roos into the promised land. Alas, Cable proved to be a fraud, once Tom was found out he swiftly delivered a punch to the head that left Roos, dead.

At the gates of Valhalla he was greeted by Odin, a rare occurrence. Odin looked the young man up and down, then decided to lead him to the great halls to have a drink with him. After spending the night drinking mead, Odin decided 'tis was not this majestic warriors time to spend his days drinking in Valhalla, and that he had much work to do yet.

Odin took the spirit of young Roos, and zapped him back into his now still body. Roos rose from what was meant to be his mortal bodies eternal slumber. Cable, the wandering gypsy had now gone to another land to sell his scams, and snake oil. Roos, under the great lord Solari has lived to fight another day in the north. He has dined with the great Odin, and was given another purpose and lease on life. One that the NFL would soon come to fear.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 pm
  • haha...could you imagine seeing these guys at an, all you can eat buffet? :D

place would go out of business :D
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information