The Offensive Linemen

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
That's a lotta beef

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BjLrs0dFori/[/instagram]

Jville

Reaction score
I see Mike Solari is flanked on either side by his two prized young rookies ..... Skyler Phillips and Jamarco Jones.

Good looking group of 15 which is two more than last year at this time IIRC.

EDIT: Woops ...... Make that 16 which is three more than last year.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Is that a new line formation they are toying with? Someone should tell them they can only line up 5!

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3v20s1n5 said:
Phillips looks big (partially due to the perspective, I know).

A measurement that we never see is inseam. Comparing the "photo apparent" knee height of #72 to #73 suggests one is an interior lineman and the other belongs outside. A high waist lineman needs to become exceptionally good and consistent at sinking their hips to play on the inside. Where as the conventional thinking on the outside holds that, the more leg the better for pass blocking kick slides.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawkGA":l01yhifh said:
Who is #62? Looks kind of small.
Marcus Henry, Center from Boise State. The roster lists him at 6' 2" and 303 lbs.

Standing beside Henry is Joey Hunt, #53, who is listed at 6' 2" and 299... essentially the same size.

Jville

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":32h5qtjn said:
HawkGA":32h5qtjn said:
Who is #62? Looks kind of small.
Marcus Henry, Center from Boise State. The roster lists him at 6' 2" and 303 lbs.

Standing beside Henry is Joey Hunt, #53, who is listed at 6' 2" and 299... essentially the same size.

An undersized inside overachiever with lots of grit to help launch the process. IIRC, was one of 3 tryout linemen signed.

Ndc7g8kmb7o88rdanc2i

It is never too early for the coaching staff to begin to look at quickness, pad level and balance.

Jville

Reaction score
Smdug8fvrbdhucxnwvxc

Isaiah Battle, who was once listed at 290 lbs, looks to be a legitimate 310 lbs now. K.C. Chiefs might very well get that conditional draft pick from Seattle. Always encouraging to see a trade on schedule to become a win / win / win.

Cqxjvbdhed83yl9xxvih

Jville

Reaction score
Fs7ztfjrothdskaettjh
Looking for big second year up grade out of last year's priority rookie free agent lineman ...... Jordan Roos

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":1j6kvqj9 said:
Smdug8fvrbdhucxnwvxc

Isaiah Battle, who was once listed at 290 lbs, looks to be a legitimate 310 lbs now. K.C. Chiefs might very well get that conditional draft pick from Seattle. Always encouraging to see a trade on schedule to become a win / win / win.

Cqxjvbdhed83yl9xxvih

Long long legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishNW

Reaction score
I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
IrishNW":2n9fekl0 said:
I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.
This! I'm hoping Roos will be legitimately involved in the guard competition.

This group is more exciting than any I can remember in years. There seems to be a lot of promise here. I think this is the year that this team has a top 19 O-line.

The Breh

Reaction score
IrishNW":3nj0azue said:
The man has a Viking beard and a smile while he's doing drills.
What exactly makes him "look the part" more than the others?
As the thread is titled there's a lot of beef in the pic but he's the one you say looks the part :?:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":391jqz2q said:
Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Dilly Dilly! Cable to the pit of misery.