Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Summer talk : Joey Hunt’s potential and issues

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Joey was an un-Cable spec Linemen drafted during Cable era, Undersized, short arms etc. replied more on his football IQ than physical gift. with Pocic waiting, what’s the potential of Hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• From what I've seen (or not seen), his potential is unemployed.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• If Solari is going to more a power ZBS scheme then I doubt Hunt makes the team. He has always been just a fringe player to this point. So a power scheme just doesn't seem to fit for him IMO.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Did he played in any regular or post season games?

toffee
    NET Veteran

• nanomoz wrote:Wasn't he the highest rated NFL offensive lineman in the 2017 preseason? I'd be surprised if he wasn't viewed as a priority backup since Pocic will probably be starting at guard.

Edit: close:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... eason-team

If Pocic managed to secure the LG position, we probably need as backup center. Just not sure if he is nfl starting caliber center.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• I can't see him making the team.
    purpleneer
    NET Starter

• He looks like a midget for an NFL offensive lineman.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• It’s a make or break preseason for him. IMHO the odds are against him.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?

Who is Jeff Saturday for 1,000 Jville?
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• Beat me to that but I really doubt Hunt is a Saturday.
    I would trade Hunt to his father..Tom Cable
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Jeff Saturday may very well represent a ceiling for gritty undersized overachieving centers. Try out camp addition Marcus Henry is another gritty undersized overachieving candidate at center. If they run short of roster spots for linemen, Marcus Henry could emerge as a retention option for the practice squad.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• haha we were all wrong about out little Joey!

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Kid held up well. Smarts and savvy sometimes is worth more than size. Britt may have a bit of a Wally Pip complex this week. Better heal up quick, son.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Kid held up well. Smarts and savvy sometimes is worth more than size. Britt may have a bit of a Wally Pip complex this week. Better heal up quick, son.

i would like to see couple more games with Hunt as center. Brown - Sweezy - Hunt - Fluker - Ifedi this is a vet savy line.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Hunt played great, but IMO his ceiling is still no more than a quality backup.

Which btw is not diminishing his role on the team, having a good backup at center is invaluable because it means you can keep your starters at their spots and not have to move guys around weakening two positions instead of just one.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hunt reminds me a lot of Tobeck. Supposedly undersized, not strong enough, etc. Just gets the job done with no flash.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• Knock on him was size, he has added weight and is now a solid 300 pounds which is still small compared to the 325 and 340 guys around him, but he is also stronger, he is however the most football smart and intelligent guy they have from what I have heard.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Knock on him was size, he has added weight and is now a solid 300 pounds which is still small compared to the 325 and 340 guys around him, but he is also stronger, he is however the most football smart and intelligent guy they have from what I have heard.

Reminds me of the “young bull vs old bull” story.

Young bull and old bull standing on a hilltop looking at the cows.
    Young bull says “let’s run down there and get us one of them cows”
    Old bull says “let’s WALK down and get them ALL”

Brains over braun every day.

I can only appreciate that now that I’m an “old bull” but it’s a “for reals” thing.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• chris98251 wrote:Knock on him was size, he has added weight and is now a solid 300 pounds which is still small compared to the 325 and 340 guys around him, but he is also stronger, he is however the most football smart and intelligent guy they have from what I have heard.

That makes him the same size as this guy, who was also constantly told he was “undersized.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Kalil
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?

If only one day our little Joey could have such bragging right!

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Jville wrote:At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?

If only one day our little Joey could have such bragging right!

Saturday
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information