Summer talk : Joey Hunt’s potential and issues

toffee

Reaction score
Joey was an un-Cable spec Linemen drafted during Cable era, Undersized, short arms etc. replied more on his football IQ than physical gift. with Pocic waiting, what’s the potential of Hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
From what I've seen (or not seen), his potential is unemployed.

kf3339

Reaction score
If Solari is going to more a power ZBS scheme then I doubt Hunt makes the team. He has always been just a fringe player to this point. So a power scheme just doesn't seem to fit for him IMO.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Did he played in any regular or post season games?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
nanomoz":nbhlyam5 said:
Wasn't he the highest rated NFL offensive lineman in the 2017 preseason? I'd be surprised if he wasn't viewed as a priority backup since Pocic will probably be starting at guard.

Edit: close:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... eason-team

If Pocic managed to secure the LG position, we probably need as backup center. Just not sure if he is nfl starting caliber center.

Jville

Reaction score
At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?

BigMeach

Reaction score
Jville":1jucbpgo said:
At 6' 2" and 295 lbs, I was ranked as the No. 11 center available in the 1998 NFL Draft. Described as somewhat of an overachiever, I worked to make myself better, but as an undersized guy I was also labeled as having trouble matching up against power NTs that were said to overwhelm me. I went undrafted, but the Baltimore Ravens signed me as a free agent on April 27, 1998, only to waive me on June 12, 1998. I then signed with the Indianapolis Colts, with whom I played 13 seasons, won Super Bowl XLI over the Chicago Bears and was selected to four All-Pro teams and five Pro Bowls. In my final NFL season, I made my sixth Pro Bowl as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Who am I?

Who is Jeff Saturday for 1,000 Jville?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Beat me to that but I really doubt Hunt is a Saturday.
I would trade Hunt to his father..Tom Cable

Jville

Reaction score
Jeff Saturday may very well represent a ceiling for gritty undersized overachieving centers. Try out camp addition Marcus Henry is another gritty undersized overachieving candidate at center. If they run short of roster spots for linemen, Marcus Henry could emerge as a retention option for the practice squad.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Kid held up well. Smarts and savvy sometimes is worth more than size. Britt may have a bit of a Wally Pip complex this week. Better heal up quick, son.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1e6dvmp7 said:
Kid held up well. Smarts and savvy sometimes is worth more than size. Britt may have a bit of a Wally Pip complex this week. Better heal up quick, son.

i would like to see couple more games with Hunt as center. Brown - Sweezy - Hunt - Fluker - Ifedi this is a vet savy line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hunt played great, but IMO his ceiling is still no more than a quality backup.

Which btw is not diminishing his role on the team, having a good backup at center is invaluable because it means you can keep your starters at their spots and not have to move guys around weakening two positions instead of just one.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Hunt reminds me a lot of Tobeck. Supposedly undersized, not strong enough, etc. Just gets the job done with no flash.

chris98251

Reaction score
Knock on him was size, he has added weight and is now a solid 300 pounds which is still small compared to the 325 and 340 guys around him, but he is also stronger, he is however the most football smart and intelligent guy they have from what I have heard.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":3234253x said:
Knock on him was size, he has added weight and is now a solid 300 pounds which is still small compared to the 325 and 340 guys around him, but he is also stronger, he is however the most football smart and intelligent guy they have from what I have heard.

Reminds me of the “young bull vs old bull” story.

Young bull and old bull standing on a hilltop looking at the cows.
Young bull says “let’s run down there and get us one of them cows”
Old bull says “let’s WALK down and get them ALL”

Brains over braun every day.

I can only appreciate that now that I’m an “old bull” but it’s a “for reals” thing.