Coach Carroll's OTA Presser

hawknation2018

Reaction score
https://www.seahawks.com/video/pete-car ... conference

“Schotty’s a really impressive coach," Carroll said. "He’s very hands on, he’s very active, he’s in total command. Whether it’s installing the offense or he’s coaching the quarterback, he’s very active, very energetic. There’s no space between something happening and Russ (Russell Wilson) getting critiqued. Russell has really responded to it, he enjoys the challenge of it. Schotty is challenging him to keep moving and growing as a quarterback. You look at all the years he’s been playing, but still there’s always been more growth, there’s always more to learn and understand and Schotty has opened the door to that for Russell. Hopefully we’re going to see the best version that he can put out there this time around because he’s been challenged more than ever. It’s an exciting relationship that we’re watching unfold.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/pete-carr ... ek-of-otas

Zhittbejikaepfiyb1er

Jville

Reaction score
Wilson notes that the Seahawks aren’t making a “drastic change or anything like that” when it comes to the offense, but that Schottenheimer has added his own ideas to the playbook.

“It’s definitely some added stuff for sure, there’s definitely more on the plate,” Wilson said. “We’ve always had a lot of information, but it’s even more. But that’s OK. I’m ready for more and more and just continue to see how far we can take it. I think we’re going to have a great offense, I really do.”

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Might as well throw these in here too:
[youtube]4EAEVbszkZo[/youtube]
[youtube]alSO7iQ1Pw0[/youtube]

sdog1981

Reaction score
On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.

toffee

Reaction score
sdog1981":129fjbqq said:
On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.

Jim Mora Sr. is 100% about coaching, even in social setting. a few years ago I had dinner with him and his Mrs after an art show, over the dinner he spoke about winning, it was all about winning. I felt like he was a better coach than his son, and one of the better coaches in his era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
toffee":2tsobyoa said:
sdog1981":2tsobyoa said:

Jim Mora Sr. is 100% about coaching, even in social setting. a few years ago I had dinner with him and his Mrs after an art show, over the dinner he spoke about winning, it was all about winning. I felt like he was a better coach than his son, and one of the better coaches in his era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way I know about him is via a few clips and stories about him. He was very successful in the USFL and you can just tell he is a no-nonsense kind of a coach.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He was a damn better coach than his kid for sure..
In his day he did not have a Brees or a Manning..The FO of his teams did not do him
any favors.The USFL showed what he could do with more good players though..
I always love that"Playoffs?"clip...

sdog1981

Reaction score
IndyHawk":16b32zio said:
In his day he did not have a Brees or a Manning..The FO of his teams did not do him

Yeah, he did have Manning for four years won 3,13,10,6 games with him over 4 seasons and got fired his final time in 2001.

His best ones are "Playoffs" "Diddly Poo" and "Don't blame that one on the offense"

Here is a good one from NFL films

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... ears-later

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":lfqgokqo said:
Even if they don't?....That sounds goofier than a bedbug on crack. :lol:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2rjjo6vo said:
IndyHawk":2rjjo6vo said:

Yeah, he did have Manning for four years won 3,13,10,6 games with him over 4 seasons and got fired his final time in 2001.

His best ones are "Playoffs" "Diddly Poo" and "Don't blame that one on the offense"

Here is a good one from NFL films

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... ears-later
I should have known he had manning but that was many years ago..I'm trying to remember if
Faulk was on those 4 teams.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Faulk for one year then Edgerrin James for the rest of his time there.