Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Coach Carroll's OTA Presser

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
  • https://www.seahawks.com/video/pete-car ... conference

    “Schotty’s a really impressive coach," Carroll said. "He’s very hands on, he’s very active, he’s in total command. Whether it’s installing the offense or he’s coaching the quarterback, he’s very active, very energetic. There’s no space between something happening and Russ (Russell Wilson) getting critiqued. Russell has really responded to it, he enjoys the challenge of it. Schotty is challenging him to keep moving and growing as a quarterback. You look at all the years he’s been playing, but still there’s always been more growth, there’s always more to learn and understand and Schotty has opened the door to that for Russell. Hopefully we’re going to see the best version that he can put out there this time around because he’s been challenged more than ever. It’s an exciting relationship that we’re watching unfold.”

    https://www.seahawks.com/news/pete-carr ... ek-of-otas


    Image
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1997
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 am
  • OTA Day 3 Highlights:
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1997
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 am
  • Wilson notes that the Seahawks aren’t making a “drastic change or anything like that” when it comes to the offense, but that Schottenheimer has added his own ideas to the playbook.

    “It’s definitely some added stuff for sure, there’s definitely more on the plate,” Wilson said. “We’ve always had a lot of information, but it’s even more. But that’s OK. I’m ready for more and more and just continue to see how far we can take it. I think we’re going to have a great offense, I really do.”
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7815
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:12 am
  • Might as well throw these in here too:

    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1997
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am
  • On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2025
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.


    Jim Mora Sr. is 100% about coaching, even in social setting. a few years ago I had dinner with him and his Mrs after an art show, over the dinner he spoke about winning, it was all about winning. I felt like he was a better coach than his son, and one of the better coaches in his era.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 878
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 2:16 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.


    Jim Mora Sr. is 100% about coaching, even in social setting. a few years ago I had dinner with him and his Mrs after an art show, over the dinner he spoke about winning, it was all about winning. I felt like he was a better coach than his son, and one of the better coaches in his era.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    The only way I know about him is via a few clips and stories about him. He was very successful in the USFL and you can just tell he is a no-nonsense kind of a coach.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2025
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 pm
  • He was a damn better coach than his kid for sure..
    In his day he did not have a Brees or a Manning..The FO of his teams did not do him
    any favors.The USFL showed what he could do with more good players though..
    I always love that"Playoffs?"clip...
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:He was a damn better coach than his kid for sure..
    In his day he did not have a Brees or a Manning..The FO of his teams did not do him
    any favors.The USFL showed what he could do with more good players though..
    I always love that"Playoffs?"clip...



    Yeah, he did have Manning for four years won 3,13,10,6 games with him over 4 seasons and got fired his final time in 2001.

    His best ones are "Playoffs" "Diddly Poo" and "Don't blame that one on the offense"

    Here is a good one from NFL films

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... ears-later
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2025
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:On a complete side note. Just once I would like an NFL head coach to say that everyone sucked at OTA’s. Jim Mora Sr style.

    Even if they don't?....That sounds goofier than a bedbug on crack. :lol:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6457
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:He was a damn better coach than his kid for sure..
    In his day he did not have a Brees or a Manning..The FO of his teams did not do him
    any favors.The USFL showed what he could do with more good players though..
    I always love that"Playoffs?"clip...



    Yeah, he did have Manning for four years won 3,13,10,6 games with him over 4 seasons and got fired his final time in 2001.

    His best ones are "Playoffs" "Diddly Poo" and "Don't blame that one on the offense"

    Here is a good one from NFL films

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... ears-later

    I should have known he had manning but that was many years ago..I'm trying to remember if
    Faulk was on those 4 teams.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Coach Carroll's OTA Presser
Sun May 27, 2018 1:48 pm
  • Faulk for one year then Edgerrin James for the rest of his time there.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2025
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am




It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online