Russell Wilson predicts "great offense" in 2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
“It’s definitely some added stuff for sure, there’s definitely more on the plate,” Wilson said. “We’ve always had a lot of information, but it’s even more. But that’s OK. I’m ready for more and more and just continue to see how far we can take it. I think we’re going to have a great offense, I really do.”

https://clutchpoints.com/seahawks-news- ... xt-season/

Not sure what people expect him to say, but I'm anxious to see how this comes together.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1973tutu said:
He has said this every year.

I was thinking the same thing. The only difference this year (IMO) is that we seemed to have more of a concerted effort in improving the offense this year (perhaps at the weakening of the defense), so perhaps this effort will bring a more complete offense than we've seen in previous years.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'm one of those people who felt like Russell had become too comfortable with his buddy relationship with Bevell. Being challenged with more information could help elevate his game to an even higher level.

Baldwin is one of the most consistent WRs in the NFL. Lockett and Brown give Russell a lot of downfield speed. Darboh and Marshall hopefully provide more physical red zone threats, in addition to the TEs (Vannett, Dickson, Dissly) and backs (Carson, Penny Prosise, FB).

Brian has a complete understanding of the run game, which should provide a boost to the overall offensive efficiency.

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":17a1axlb said:
chris98251":17a1axlb said:

I was thinking the same thing. The only difference this year (IMO) is that we seemed to have more of a concerted effort in improving the offense this year (perhaps at the weakening of the defense), so perhaps this effort will bring a more complete offense than we've seen in previous years.

I look atit as OTA optimism and the persona of Wilson, when the defenders can jam and the D line and O line have pads on we will see what we have.

They keep saying the offense is basically the same but with some added twists, this makes sense and is smart to do by Schotty, easier for him to learn what they know then the whole offense to learn something new, adding twists like motion and re sets to not telegraph a play ahead of time will help, also he will be able to see the players working in what they know and see less errors of knowledge and more of execusion. He then can make his big adjustments going forward with what he knows they can and can't do.

That's all if they are not smoke screening everyone and come out with a whole different look to surprise everyone.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":1qe4yesj said:
chris98251":1qe4yesj said:

Agreed. I do think being challenged by the new OC is going to be nothing but good for all involved. I'm telling you I have a good feeling about this season ahead. Can't shake it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think that our offense COULD be a more well rounded play action/run attack..........but only if our starters stay healthy.

We're desperately thin at WR, O-line and TE. So any major injuries and IMO we're screwed, and that means guys like Lockett (and now Marshall), Brown, Dickson and our stable of MASH unit RB's stay upright for 16 games.

That's a big ask.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kodp605 said:
I think that our offense COULD be a more well rounded play action/run attack..........but only if our starters stay healthy.

We're desperately thin at WR, O-line and TE. So any major injuries and IMO we're screwed, and that means guys like Lockett (and now Marshall), Brown, Dickson and our stable of MASH unit RB's stay upright for 16 games.

That's a big ask.

Unproven, not thin. Baldwin, Brown, Marshall, Locket all proven commodities plus the Redshirt guys.

O line have proven guys in Brown and Britt and highly touted draft choices, again unproven in the new scheme. Not thin plus depth that again is unproven in the new scheme.

RB's, Carson showed well before he was hurt, Penny has a legitimate track record coming in as a rookie, Davis showed he can play behind a bad line, McKissic flashed he is a third down threat, the only guy that has a huge question mark is Prosise at this point becasue of consecutive seasons of not being able to contribute becasue of injuries.

TE's we have Vannett who showed he can play when given a chance, Dickson a proven commodity, Dissly a legitimate all around TE that I think will push the other two hard and get playing time in two TE sets, and Swoopes who is a PS guy that was learing the position last year but showed he can catch and has the heart to block with some attitude. Again not thin just unproven other the Dickson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2zzruz1w said:
Sgt. Largent":2zzruz1w said:

That's a big ask.

Unproven, not thin. Baldwin, Brown, Marshall, Locket all proven commodities plus the Redshirt guys.

O line have proven guys in Brown and Britt and highly touted draft choices, again unproven in the new scheme. Not thin plus depth that again is unproven in the new scheme.

RB's, Carson showed well before he was hurt, Penny has a legitimate track record coming in as a rookie, Davis showed he can play behind a bad line, McKissic flashed he is a third down threat, the only guy that has a huge question mark is Prosise at this point becasue of consecutive seasons of not being able to contribute becasue of injuries.

TE's we have Vannett who showed he can play when given a chance, Dickson a proven commodity, Dissly a legitimate all around TE that I think will push the other two hard and get playing time in two TE sets, and Swoopes who is a PS guy that was learing the position last year but showed he can catch and has the heart to block with some attitude. Again not thin just unproven other the Dickson.

Thin and unproven are the same thing to me. It means you're trusting young players and some journeyman vets to perform at a high level.

That usually doesn't work out, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Defense it can, as we've seen, because defense relies on aggressiveness, physicality and effort...........you need execution on the offensive side of the ball. A hard ask for young players.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6p5f9d3c said:
chris98251":6p5f9d3c said:
Sgt. Largent":6p5f9d3c said:

That's a big ask.

Thin and unproven are the same thing to me. It means you're trusting young players and some journeyman vets to perform at a high level.

That usually doesn't work out, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Defense it can, as we've seen, because defense relies on aggressiveness, physicality and effort...........you need execution on the offensive side of the ball. A hard ask for young players.

Taking that you think they are the same then the whole team is thin except Thomas, Wagner, Wilson then. Everything is unproven or you take Thin right now till we start playing games.

Taking that we have some Vets come in to shore up a few spots and that we had pieces that flashed on offense but due to Coaches no longer here and schemes that were bad as we all have discussed there is reason to think that we have a semblance of possible success in many of the areas in question. Maybe not all work out, but they are attempting to correct situations that we and they have identified as problem areas.

kf3339

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect RW to say anything different at this point in the off-season.

But I still think everything will begin and end this year on the O-Line progress. If Solari can put together a competent line that actually does its job, then RW does have the weapons to really make progress for this offense. If not, then not sure we can turn the corner this season.

For the record, I really hopes Solari creates some magic with the line and RW's statement ends up ringing true. It would really help take a lot of pressure off this young defense.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense struggle early in the season, then catch fire later on.

Starting on the road against Denver will be a tough test. I can't wait to see how the team responds.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Carson healthy, Penny in the mix, possibly Marshall as a RZ target, new OL scheme, a new OC who hopefully can at minimum use players where they can succeed---what's not to like about our O at least improving?