5/30 Brian Shottenheimer press conference video

Jville

Reaction score
5/30 Brian Shottenheimer press conference video >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1lPKqnORvynGb[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
My pleasure. Now days, I think it important to hear directly from the source whenever possible.

chris98251

Reaction score
First thing he said was protect the football, Pete's influence out of the gate, We will look a lot different though. Actual timing plays, Motion, shifts etc.

I especially liked the part about being able to Run or Throw when the opposition knows your going to Run or throw and have success. Our past OC would get cute and try to do the unexpected.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":283gj8b0 said:
First thing he said was protect the football, Pete's influence out of the gate, We will look a lot different though. Actual timing plays, Motion, shifts etc.

I especially liked the part about being able to Run or Throw when the opposition knows your going to Run or throw and have success. Our past OC would get cute and try to do the unexpected.
:rofl: Hell, it was so "Unexpected", that Bevell was even surprised when he called the plays :229031_confused2:

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
The word that caught my ear was "fundamentals". That has been the father / son signature of the Shottenheimer family. Those that can execute fundamentals will play. Those that can't will be gone.

In my mind, so much of what was wrong last year was the failure to execute fundamentals with consistency. Premature movement over there. Missed assignments over here. Setting up off the designated spot over there. Persistence of tells here and there. ECT.

Better focus on football fundamentals is what I'm looking for. The rest is irrelevant to me. I'm confident they will succeed in returning to football fundamentals while making use of whatever roster churn is necessary.

EDIT: Here is the link to the written transcript >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/schottenheimer-brian-053018/[/urltargetblank]

truehawksfan

Reaction score
We all hear everyone say Shotty likes to run the ball, but what does that mean from a personnel standpoint?

Sorry if this was posted, but I watched 2010 NY Jets and 2014 St. Louis games And he made some minor changes to personnel.

Fullback
Almost non-existent with the Jets, but widely used with the Rams.

2 TE sets
Ditto my comments for using FBs. In fact, he used 3 TEs at times with the Rams.

TE motion
Expect to see a lot of motion resetting as a FB or on the opposite side of the line.

RB by committee
2 RBs combined for 1600 yds for the Jets and 3 RBs combined for 1200 yds for the Rams. Clearly, I can see Penny and Carson share the workload.

Pass catching RBs
Both teams, a RB had over 50 receptions and a lot were caught on 1st or 2nd down, Both Penny and Carson are good receivers so this should be in the playbook.

How does this fit with Hawks personnel?
I think this checks all the boxes. We will see a FB on the roster, he'll keep Carson and Penny happy by sharing the workload and he'll definitely find a way to use all three TEs.

toffee

Reaction score
truehawksfan":m18vomph said:
We all hear everyone say Shotty likes to run the ball, but what does that mean from a personnel standpoint?

Sorry if this was posted, but I watched 2010 NY Jets and 2014 St. Louis games And he made some minor changes to personnel.

Fullback
Almost non-existent with the Jets, but widely used with the Rams.

2 TE sets
Ditto my comments for using FBs. In fact, he used 3 TEs at times with the Rams.

TE motion
Expect to see a lot of motion resetting as a FB or on the opposite side of the line.

RB by committee
2 RBs combined for 1600 yds for the Jets and 3 RBs combined for 1200 yds for the Rams. Clearly, I can see Penny and Carson share the workload.

Pass catching RBs
Both teams, a RB had over 50 receptions and a lot were caught on 1st or 2nd down, Both Penny and Carson are good receivers so this should be in the playbook.

How does this fit with Hawks personnel?
I think this checks all the boxes. We will see a FB on the roster, he'll keep Carson and Penny happy by sharing the workload and he'll definitely find a way to use all three TEs.

A more basic offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
I would say it is going to be hopefully along the lines of what Holmgren used to say. It doesn't matter that they know what's coming, we will execute better and it won't matter. His holding players accountable and repercussions for stupid mistakes and follow thru was respected and feared.

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":1p2xeecr said:
Actual timing plays, Motion, shifts etc.

This is what I'm most excited about.

I watch a lot of games for different teams too and it seemed we used motions and shifts at such a lower rate than others, let's hope that changes as they are very effective when you want to move the defense around to where you want them in man coverage.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
My first impression: the sharpness and quickness of Brian's intellect seem so much higher than Carroll's previous offensive coordinators.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
More of a sound basic offense? Yes.

But, he also incorporated bunch formations, 3 WRs on one side, lots of motion/shifts, fly sweeps, play action, delay routes.

No doubt he has the QB drop back on a pass play, but the run definitely sets up a lot the deception/misdirection plays.

Latest posts