Flashbacks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
So, this spring and summer are giving me flashbacks to 2012. Everyone is saying the Seahawks will be mediocre. Right around the 9-7 or 7-9. That Pete and JS went out on a limb. Blah Blah Blah make or break decisions. Pete Carroll might just be the best "Rope-a-dope" style coach in the league. Here's to making the analysts eat a big plate of crow this season. :irishdrinkers:

One quote from the link below regarding the 2012/2013 Superbowl Team:

"This defense isn't as good as the Niners, but it's not far behind. There's just not enough offense to break through to the postseason.
Prediction: 8-8, second in NFC West"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-seahawks-2012-nfl-season-preview-predictions

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points, I'm loving how many people think (or hope) that the Hawks will suck in 2018. Please keep telling them what they can't do. :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Many here are/were of the same belief buying into the drumbeat of negativity from the media.

I agree that many are sleeping on the residual talent already here and the reality that most of the key positions are well staffed by quality players. Of course some things need to improve from last season but the team that will be fielded on opening day will be a different and tougher team than the one that ended last season.

avengerboater

Reaction score
The problem is our roster was way more talented and much deeper than the one we have now. We had a glimpse of the young, emerging talent that was the original LOB back in our 2012/13 season. Not to mention Beastmode in his prime, a much better O-line than we have now, and a younger, more mobile (run-prone) Russell Wilson. Also, our D-line was pretty stacked with prime Mike B. and Avril, Mebane, Red, and old but savvy Chris Clemons. Throw in Golden and Zach Miller, plus the special teams...it wasn't a surprise we shocked everyone.

This year's team leaves much to the imagination with a young, exciting but unproven rookie class and sprinkled in with some seasoned vets.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
avengerboater":3dr4y12c said:
The problem is our roster was way more talented and much deeper than the one we have now. We had a glimpse of the young, emerging talent that was the original LOB back in our 2012/13 season. Not to mention Beastmode in his prime, a much better O-line than we have now, and a younger, more mobile (run-prone) Russell Wilson. Also, our D-line was pretty stacked with prime Mike B. and Avril, Mebane, Red, and old but savvy Chris Clemons. Throw in Golden and Zach Miller, plus the special teams...it wasn't a surprise we shocked everyone.

This year's team leaves much to the imagination with a young, exciting but unproven rookie class and sprinkled in with some seasoned vets.

But at that time did we know about all of the above roster strengths, or was there just incipient hope that these guys would develop into what they became? I would argue that we didn't know of these strengths at the time, which is what makes the parallel here appropriate. Just my 2 cents.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I was telling anyone that would listen the Hawks were winning the Super Bowl that year. I felt it in my bones and in my soul.
I was saying it in the spring of that year before training camp even started. I don’t know if the board archieves go back that far but it would be fun to read a prediction thread from that year.

It’s the only time I’ve ever had that strong of feeling about the success of any Seattle based sports team.

Good times! :2thumbs:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sports Hernia":231z5pmj said:
I was telling anyone that would listen the Hawks were winning the Super Bowl that year. I felt it in my bones and in my soul.
I was saying it in the spring of that year before training camp even started. I don’t know if the board archieves go back that far but it would be fun to read a prediction thread from that year.

It’s the only time I’ve ever had that strong of feeling about the success of any Seattle based sports team.

After the WAY we lost in the NFCCG to Atlanta in the '11-'12 season I felt it was very likely that we would go on to play in the SB the next season. I had NO idea that we were going to kick the Broncos teeth down their throat in the manner that we did tho!

907Hawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3cn9062y said:
So, this spring and summer are giving me flashbacks to 2012. Everyone is saying the Seahawks will be mediocre. Right around the 9-7 or 7-9. That Pete and JS went out on a limb. Blah Blah Blah make or break decisions. Pete Carroll might just be the best "Rope-a-dope" style coach in the league. Here's to making the analysts eat a big plate of crow this season. :irishdrinkers:

One quote from the link below regarding the 2012/2013 Superbowl Team:

"This defense isn't as good as the Niners, but it's not far behind. There's just not enough offense to break through to the postseason.
Prediction: 8-8, second in NFC West"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-seahawks-2012-nfl-season-preview-predictions

The 2012/2013 Seahawks did not win the Superbowl but the 2013/2014 did, agree with the premise though.

907Hawk

Reaction score
avengerboater":3rwq9c0k said:

Mike B and Avril did not play for the Hawks in 2012/13, but Tampa Bay and Detroit.

907Hawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1ydja4az said:
Sports Hernia":1ydja4az said:

After the WAY we lost in the NFCCG to Atlanta in the '11-'12 season I felt it was very likely that we would go on to play in the SB the next season. I had NO idea that we were going to kick the Broncos teeth down their throat in the manner that we did tho!

Seattle missed the playoffs in '11-'12 and lost in the divisional round in Atlanta in the 2012/13 season. It was obvious that team was loaded, and ready to roll.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Our best pass rusher at the time was Chris Clemons, but we knew that Avril and Bennett were talented. Our run defense was phenomenal with Red and Mebane, but I'd say that our DLine talent right now has much more potential. Naz is going to tear it up, just watch.

With Russell Wilson and a running game, we will always bee SuperB Owl contenders, but we need the Defense to put us over the top.

I believe this defense has that talent, but just needs more experience. We have a shot this year based on Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny, and I believe that will get us in the playoffs. Where we go from there, depends on RW and.an improved defense.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
907Hawk":268u5vaj said:
hgwellz12":268u5vaj said:
Sports Hernia":268u5vaj said:

Seattle missed the playoffs in '11-'12 and lost in the divisional round in Atlanta in the 2012/13 season. It was obvious that team was loaded, and ready to roll.

Brain fart. My bad.

Latest posts