Hasselbeck, Holmgren & Nordstrom: PNWFHOF

kidhawk

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck, Mike Holmgren & John Nordstrom Inducted into the Pacific Northwest Football Hall of Fame

hose three were all honored because of the significant places they hold in Seahawks history. The teacher, Mike Holmgren, eventually left the high school coaching and teaching ranks to become an NFL head coach, the first to lead the Seahawks to a Super Bowl. Matt Hasselbeck, that “punk from Boston,” eventually followed Holmgren from Green Bay to Seattle where he became one of the best quarterbacks in franchise history. And John Nordstrom, part of the third generation of a family that turned a Seattle shoe store into a global clothing icon, was one of the original owners of the Seahawks, playing a big role in the city landing an expansion team.

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/matt-hasselbeck-mike-holmgren-john-nordstrom-inducted-into-pacific-northwest-foo[/urltargetblank]

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Most fans recognize the names, some were around for the Holmgren/Hasselbeck years, but few know the always humble, always cordial, mostly quiet and reluctant 51% owner of the Nordstrom family partnership, that was the founding of the Seahawk franchise.

I could expound for thousands of words on the Seahawks founding father, but Dave Boling of the Tacoma News Tribune does as good of job as I’ve seen in print to date with his article in 2013.

For those that missed it or want to learn more about John Nordstrom the man, how close he came to bowing out, the history of “the sale”, an interesting conversation with “the man whose name will never be spoken” and how just close we came to having Bill Walsh as our first coach, long before he became a HOF head coach in San Francisco, then be my guest….

http://archive.kitsapsun.com/news/f...om-stays-involved-ep-416200610-356039691.html

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FidelisHawk, great comments. Nordstrom is a true gentleman. A sweet, kind man that deserves to be recognized as one of the primary reasons we still have our beloved Seahawks. I love that the organization still gives him the red carpet treatment. He deserves it.