Most insufferable fan bases

chris98251

Reaction score
They are really setting up the pile on. Here's two stories today concerning us. I really hope this stuff gets posted in meeting rooms and stuff.

3. Seattle Seahawks
Eight years after entering the league as an expansion team, the Seahawks retired the number 12. This honored Seattle's fans and was a clear sign that the franchise was worried that they may never have a number to retire. (It's not like they could hang Jim Zorn's jersey in the rafters, after all.) At the time, it was cute - the professional sports equivalent of a participation trophy - but now it seems bush league. Fans are fans. And despite what the city will tell you, Seattle fans aren't louder than any other fanbase. It's just that thousands of people screaming in the middle of a wide-open stadium is always going to be produce less cacophony than thousands of people screaming inside a stadium that has the acoustics of an aluminum coffin during a thunderstorm.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...m-no-1-to-no-32/ss-AAxE7wa?li=BBnb7Kz#image=3

14. Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks
People seem to forget that Carroll was a downright failure in his first two stints as a head coach in the NFL. He led the New York Jets to a 6-10 record as their head coach in his only season back in 1994. Then, from 1997-99, Carroll posted a combined 27-21 record in New England before Bill Belichick ultimately replaced him. While Carroll has had success in Seattle (two conference titles and a Lombardi), he’s also among the most overrated coaches in the game.
Last season was a prime example of this. With injuries and the lack of elite talent we’ve seen in the past, Carroll’s Seahawks posted a 9-7 record and missed the playoff completely. It will certainly be interesting to see how this squad performs entering a 2018 season in which both Los Angeles and San Francisco are considered better squads in the NFC West.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...he-2018-season/ss-AAy97jC?li=BBnba9I#image=20

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Let em hate! Got no problems with being the “Black hat” fanbase, and team.

My top 4 insufferable in no particular order.
Cheatriots, Santa Clara, *allas, Pissburgh.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Whoever wrote this obviously just really dislikes the Seahawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"Last season was a prime example of this. With injuries and the lack of elite talent we’ve seen in the past, Carroll’s Seahawks posted a 9-7 record and missed the playoff completely"

How is this a reflection of being "overrated?"

"Despite have a mediocre roster and being hit with injuries, the team nearly made the playoffs if it wasn't for the kicker. Man.. the coach blew it!"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny. Though quite a few of the newer "12s" are pretty annoying, but at least they have good taste in football teams. I love how many people hate the Hawks. Keep it coming. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mpgst65 said:
"Last season was a prime example of this. With injuries and the lack of elite talent we’ve seen in the past, Carroll’s Seahawks posted a 9-7 record and missed the playoff completely"

How is this a reflection of being "overrated?"

"Despite have a mediocre roster and being hit with injuries, the team nearly made the playoffs if it wasn't for the kicker. Man.. the coach blew it!"

Well, the coach pretty much choose to go with Walsh and brought in no competition. So ya, his arrogance that he can turn another mans trash into his treasure sure as heck did bite him.

sutz

Reaction score
More off season click bait.

:229031_shrug:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We didn't get insufferable until after we started winning, that's just when other fanbases finally got a taste of their own medicine.................and when you stink for 40 years that insufferable comes at you with a vengeance.

Btw, all fanbases are "insufferable," when their team wins, that's the nature of sports. At least we're just run of the mill insufferable, and not racist insufferable like Philly fan. Or thinks the NFL world revolves around them, like Cowboy fan. Or myopic d-bag insufferable, like Patriot fan. Or violent convict insufferable, like Raider fan.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If you don't like someone's list, make your own. It's equally valid.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":e3h61bn0 said:
If you don't like someone's list, make your own. It's equally valid.

So much this.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete Carroll 14? Almost every article on “coach rankings” I’ve seen in the past few years had him at #2, only behind you know who. Now he suddenly drops to 14? Did you see some of the clowns he had in front of Pete? This writer is not to be taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
When a team goes 9-7, and the reason cited is injuries and a lack of talent, the first thought that comes to mind is "the coach must suck".

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To many NFL fans, Sherm was insufferable and that may be the prime reason Seattle fans are near the top of the list... i.e., we're guilty by association.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
I find it funny, if were in the playoffs and dominating our fans travel well and are great supporters, we miss the playoffs and the 12's or twelfth man is a gimmick .

Just like the Coach he and John were finding players and roles for them that was changing the league, 2 divisions and a Super Bowl win and two appearances and all of a sudden he is the most over rated coach in the league. Didn't matter about the injuries or anything else.

As I said I hope stuff like this is posted somewhere in the building, that and we have players that will take it as a challenge to blow the doors off the league again.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Based on tone and word choice, it is clear the writer is no fan of anything Seahawk related.

The Pete stuff is absolute trash. Despite the Lombardi and multiple division titles? We are dismissing those accomplishments now? LOL.

Sadly though, the fan thing has some merit. Not us old timers....most of us suffered through years of horrible football and acted with some semblance of humility and level headedness through our most recent run.

But for whatever reason, Seattle has a disproportionate amount of fans that jump on bandwagons when our teams do well. These fans don't necessarily know how to handle themselves and their relative lack of knowledge about all things football shows considerably in their interactions with other fans.

The 49er "hate" thing was a good example of this. Yeah we had a nice little 2 year rivalry there for awhile, but knowledgeable football fans know that Seattle-San Francisco isn't really a long term rivalry and those of us who have been around for a while recognized this and respected the niners past success in comparison to our newfound success and interacted humbly.

I love the fact that we picked up some new fans....but one byproduct of the Seahawks perhaps having a "down" year would be a reduction in the blue Friday, obnoxious yelling, cocky johnny come lately fan that was giving us a bad name.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
These were two different stories about different things I stumbled on the MSN homepage.

Seymour

Reaction score
This line tells me all I need to know about the writer.

"Seattle fans aren't louder than any other fanbase."

We are in the Guinness book of world records you friggen moron!! :roll: :pukeface:

Want to blame that on CLink? We were penalized for being too loud in the Kingdome too, where else did that happen?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
kobebryant":km7mbh3k said:
When a team goes 9-7, and the reason cited is injuries and a lack of talent, the first thought that comes to mind is "the coach must suck".
LOL

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
2nd most wins since 2011, you know, the same year he started coaching NFL again! That's why I don't even read these stories. Although, I do find some of the "SuperBowl" fans, you know the ones that didnt think the Seahawks existed before Russell Wilson and Marshawn came around, to be just as annoying as the author portrays them to be.