Favorite Seahawks Memory

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The dog days of the offseason. It gets exponentially difficult to figure out things to talk about until training camp and beyond. So how about this. What is your favorite all-time Seahawks-related memory? It can be anything you want. XLVIII will be the popular one of course but don't feel it's limited to games. It could be meeting a player, or some moment that involved the Seahawks somehow, in any way.

What do you have?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Glenn Foley to Fabien Bownes! TOUCHDOWN!

OK, not my most favorite, but still a personal favorite.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Percy Harvin’s kickoff return in XLVIII. Why??? because that was the point I knew with a 100% certainty that the team I’ve rooted for since I was 8 years old was going to be Super Bowl champs!!! Great times! :lol:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'll steer clear if the obvious ones that will come up, which will all be great memories.
Mine was in the Divisional Round playoff game vs the Redskins on our way to the first super bowl appearance.The game was played in January 2006.
Alexander got knocked out of the game, but Hasselbeck was not going to lose that game. His scramble into the end zone has this image forever etched into my memory.

Attachments

• download (8)-800x599.jpeg
    download (8)-800x599.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,068
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Hass was epic that game. Feels like yesterday. I love how we are the Redskins personal kryptonite in the playoffs, lol! I still remember how smug and douchey their fans were on .NET the week leading up to the game. After? Not a peep.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2kf140pn said:
Glenn Foley to Fabien Bownes! TOUCHDOWN!

OK, not my most favorite, but still a personal favorite.

Two potential HoFers! :lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm not sure I have a single most favorite, but this is certainly one of them.

FeastMode

D4e9b7763c38b6b0f763603cf21528d8

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Way too many to choose from, but I'd have to go with The Tip. That might have been the best game in the history of the team. By far the best two teams in the NFL battling it out to the last second. It was in our end zone, and I remember my heart pounding so fast I thought I was gonna' pass out.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Wilson to Willson for the two point conversion. Any doubts about divine intervention could be put to bed at that point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was at the first Seahawk playoff win in 1983 against the Broncos, and to this day it's my favorite memory.

My dad got tickets through a client or something, and took me and my brother.........and I remember everything, from walking in and walking out through the concourse to our seats and seeing that sea of blue and green, the energy was palpable, the players warming up looking like ants cause we were WAY up in the 300 level in the corner of the endzone.............................. and then when Krieg hit Largent for our first TD my ears bleeding from the Kingdome noise.

It's about as close to heaven as a die hard 13 year old Hawk fan could get.

Seymour

Reaction score
This is top 5 also. Steve Largents "pay back blow" on Mike Harden the dirtbag from Denver.

[youtube]xSOPrwb-mQc[/youtube]

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Jim Zorn quick kicks vs. Bears 1982 to secure the win for coach Mike McCormack.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1kql0pyq said:
This is top 5 also. Steve Largents "pay back blow" on Mike Harden the dirtbag from Denver.

[youtube]xSOPrwb-mQc[/youtube]

Also one of my favorites.

If I remember Largent even got a tooth knocked out, and couldn't wait to get back on the field with Harden. Incredible turn of events to even make that revenge hit happen.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Playoffs, from the 2005 season. My wife and I lucked into playoff tickets. Washington game was amazing, then on to Carolina. Just being in the Hawks Nest as the realization started sinking in with us and everyone around us, that the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl for the first time!!

It was just a crazy feeling in the crowd, people were counting down, and cheering, no one could believe it was finally happening! Felt really magical at the time. Obviously ended horribly. But at that moment it was something else.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2laxm6cj said:
I was at the first Seahawk playoff win in 1983 against the Broncos, and to this day it's my favorite memory.

My dad got tickets through a client or something, and took me and my brother.........and I remember everything, from walking in and walking out through the concourse to our seats and seeing that sea of blue and green, the energy was palpable, the players warming up looking like ants cause we were WAY up in the 300 level in the corner of the endzone.............................. and then when Krieg hit Largent for our first TD my ears bleeding from the Kingdome noise.

It's about as close to heaven as a die hard 13 year old Hawk fan could get.

That. Is. Awesome.

And the Harden Hit...What more can be said? Proof that God exists and he loves some good ass karma.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2ubi6opn said:
Playoffs, from the 2005 season. My wife and I lucked into playoff tickets. Washington game was amazing, then on to Carolina. Just being in the Hawks Nest as the realization started sinking in with us and everyone around us, that the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl for the first time!!

It was just a crazy feeling in the crowd, people were counting down, and cheering, no one could believe it was finally happening! Felt really magical at the time. Obviously ended horribly. But at that moment it was something else.

So true! First and only time I can recall actually shedding some tears. Just short of 30 years, waiting for what seemed like the improbable. My beloved Seattle Seahawks finally made it to the Big Dance. That was a special, special game and moment no doubt.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The tip was the first intuition so I gotta to with that. It’s not very personal but man was it a great moment!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
i.e. "The Tip"...

Our seats are in that endzone. Before the play my wife says to me "I can't watch. I am going to turn around." I said, "Ah come on! This is what it's all about!! THESE are the moments we will never forget!" But nothing could change her mind. So she turns around. There I was, boldly facing forward, ready to take whatever was meant to be. Then the ball was hiked, I saw the arc of the ball mid-air, I quickly looked at the coverage and said "Sherman's got this!!" I KNEW Sherman was going to either intercept or deflect the pass. The rest is history.

To this day my wife still says it's BECAUSE she turned around that that play happened. When you are married, you learn to simply agree.

;)