Seahawks Plan To Have “Very Sharp O-Line” Under Solari

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carroll and his team also have high hopes for the line because of one of the big changes that did take place with regards to that position group, with Mike Solari replacing Tom Cable as the team’s offensive line coach.

“Mike's already putting his stamp on these guys and he comes about it in a really classic fashion style of teaching and coaching and expectations and standards,” Carroll said last week “I see our guys—the format conceptually is a little bit different. He has an opportunity to put a stamp on us and he’s already doing that.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... ike-solari

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure hope so.

Imagine having an OLine that can both run block, and pass protect?

I’d settle for one that was superior at one of the two. However, i’d Rather not settle.

chris98251

Reaction score
It sounds like old school boot camp, coaches yelling and drilling involved, getting back to the basics so to speak. Solari and Schotty hands on and pushing the guys. The fact that Solari already pointed out Ifedi's issues and is drilling them of leverage and not lazy play is a big bonus, I am sure the other guys are getting schooled on their deficiencies and bad habits picked up. Brown stating he has learned some stuff already is a great start, he admitting this will make the others more likely to listen and follow his directions.

Can't wait to see or hear about padded practice now.

That warm and fuzzy is starting to happen :)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its promising that they should be better, but i'm not going to get caught up in this lip service. I need to see it first to believe it. The Oline is definitely the most interesting piece of the team right now in my opinion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Anyone noticed that we are seeing more of WalterJones around the team lately?

Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

adeltaY

Reaction score
mikeak":pwdjav1n said:
Fewer false starts?

This is huge. I'm sure many here aren't fans, but I was watching a clip of First Things First with Nick Wright and Cris Carter and they were discussing with Eric Mangini what the Seahawks offense needs to do to improve. Mangini had some good insights as he coached with the Niners for a few years. He said that they noticed when playing us that we would start off drives and end up killing ourselves with a false start or holding penalty. He said that our offense's greatest enemy was itself at times.

I almost forgot about how bad we've been with penalties. If Solari can clean up the holding and false starts, that will be huge because we can finish more drives and stay on schedule. 1st and 20 is a heck of an impediment for most offenses and has been a drive death sentence for ours these past few years. Looking forward to Mike drilling that out of the guys. Hopefully Schotty can coach RW to step up in the pocket or slide around instead of bailing as often to cut down on the holding penalties as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I'd say "we're screwed". Pete just put the Cable kiss of death on the oline with his latest statement. This happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR with our oline BTW...

“this is the best we’ve been in some time,” :roll:

Statements like this are ridiculous at this point in the off season when real hitting is not even taking place yet. :pukeface:

On the plus side....at least Solari has his head on straight! :2thumbs:

" I don’t want to over-exaggerate, because we’re not in pads, and that’s when you really ascend as an offensive line.”

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ufa5kst said:
Nobody comes out and says "we are gonna' suck" :lol:

No, but they could say, "I like what i see, and time will tell" when it comes to progress. Look at the line I updated about Solari and what he said. He's better than Pete on not talking horse shit.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1kgxmc11 said:
Pete is the forever optimist, that's not gonna' change. Meh

Agree. And that = keeping dead horse staff around too long and killing our SB window because of it. I'm not alright with that quite yet. :|

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I’m not sure how saying “we’re screwed” is better than projecting optimism based on facts (more experienced depth returning to the O-Line than we have had since 2015, combined with a fundamentals-based OL Coach). Such “doom and gloom” posts lack substance. There are reasons to be concerned about the O-Line, which I have enumerated in several posts. But concerns about positivity/self-actualization/paranoid jinxes are not one of those substantive reasons. That’s just being negative for its own sake, which contributes zero to the discussion.

Seymour

Reaction score
Good lord... Ever heard of said in jest? Yes, my comment (we're screwed) was equally as dumb and baseless as Pete's, and that was intentional for those that need it explained. :roll:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I just hope posts like the ones above will contain a modicum of substance in the future. It makes the board more readable, as opposed to the negativity for its own sake, let’s complain about only winning one Super Bowl posts.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":p56yhgqy said:
I just hope posts like the ones above will contain a modicum of substance in the future. It makes the board more readable, as opposed to the negativity for its own sake, let’s complain about only winning one Super Bowl posts.

It does contain substance!

My comment puts the entire Pete optimism into proper (IMO) perspective, and then I confirmed it with Solari's statement.

Seymour
"Statements like this are ridiculous at this point in the off season when real hitting is not even taking place yet."

Solari
" I don’t want to over-exaggerate, because we’re not in pads, and that’s when you really ascend as an offensive line.”

Not what you want to see? Well go figure. :snack:

Even the thread and article title is ridiculous! What else would they be "planning"?? Stating the obvious is not always "positive". It can actually be insulting to ones intelligence.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":pntghuo6 said:
hawknation2018":pntghuo6 said:

My comment puts the entire Pete optimism into proper (IMO) perspective, and then I confirmed it with Solari's statement.

Seymour
"Statements like this are ridiculous at this point in the off season when real hitting is not even taking place yet."

Solari

Statements like what? That Solari is starting to put his stamp on the offensive line by focusing on fundamentals? Or that the offensive line returns more experienced depth than it has in several seasons? Those are statements of fact.

Calling it "ridiculous" isn't substantive, LOL.

Projecting positivity as a leader serves the goal of maximizing one's success through self actualization. While being negative, i.e. "we're screwed," is just pointless chatter.

By the way, the statement about having a "very sharp O-LIne" came from Duane Brown, not Carroll, which means your statement was also false. Will you admit that?

Brown: "I think we’re going to be a very sharp O-line, very technically sound, and play with a lot of aggression.” This is what good leaders do. You have to have a vision for success; give it a try sometime.

:2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1hducu5s said:
Seymour":1hducu5s said:
hawknation2018":1hducu5s said:

Seymour

Solari

Statements like what? That Solari is starting to put his stamp on the offensive line by focusing on fundamentals? Or that the offensive line returns more experienced depth than it has in several seasons? Those are statements of fact.

Projecting positivity as a leader serves the goal of maximizing one's success through self actualization. While being negative, i.e. "we're screwed," is just pointless chatter.

Do you even read before you respond? I already admitted it was dumb and explained why. Back to ignore, I should have known better.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":1tvyl9vz said:
hawknation2018":1tvyl9vz said:
Seymour":1tvyl9vz said:
hawknation2018":1tvyl9vz said:

Seymour

Solari

Do you even read before you respond? I already admitted it was dumb and explained why. Back to ignore, I should have known better.

:34853_doh:

Another non-substantive post.

Boycie

Reaction score
jammerhawk":21jnx42g said:
Sure hope so.

Imagine having an OLine that can both run block, and pass protect?

I’d settle for one that was superior at one of the two. However, i’d Rather not settle.

If they can run block well then they are off to the races because Wilson has been making chicken salad out of chicken crap for an O-line that can't pass protect.