Finally re-watched the Super Bowl Win

SNDavidson

Reaction score
And the one take away is this:

That is a top 2-3 defense in the history of the entire league, wow.

I forgot how dominant and intimidating they were as we have been lesser so the last few years, the contrast is stark. You know you are watching one of the best defensive units in the history of the game when you watch this one. So incredible. Broncos did not get even get a first down until there is like 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

If this is the sort of relentlessness we're drafting again, I can't wait. The SB unit was composed of bigger, better, faster players that played as one, with a palpable intensity that can only be observed in a group who is genuinely motivated to be the best of all time. Just nasty. I only say top 2-3 because of my lack of knowledge pre 90's, in which the game was much different. I would put that squad up against anyone, anytime, and it would be an amazing game :)

Seymour

Reaction score
How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":4e203uex said:
How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:

That was my thought as well. I think I've watched it a dozen times since then...At least. It's instant Euphoria for 12's.

That defense can most certainly be in the conversation as one of the all-time greatest defenses along with the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, the 85 Bears and 02 Ravens.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3muxter8 said:
And the one take away is this:

That is a top 2-3 defense in the history of the entire league, wow.

I forgot how dominant and intimidating they were as we have been lesser so the last few years, the contrast is stark. You know you are watching one of the best defensive units in the history of the game when you watch this one. So incredible. Broncos did not get even get a first down until there is like 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

If this is the sort of relentlessness we're drafting again, I can't wait. The SB unit was composed of bigger, better, faster players that played as one, with a palpable intensity that can only be observed in a group who is genuinely motivated to be the best of all time. Just nasty. I only say top 2-3 because of my lack of knowledge pre 90's, in which the game was much different. I would put that squad up against anyone, anytime, and it would be an amazing game :)

Absolutely.

I think the argument can be made they're probably the second best behind the '85 Bears.

I think they're better than the famous Buc's or Ravens squads. Not sure about the old Stealers D's. Kinda before my time.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":ppxprw61 said:
Seymour":ppxprw61 said:

That was my thought as well. I think I've watched it a dozen times since then...At least. It's instant Euphoria for 12's.

That defense can most certainly be in the conversation as one of the all-time greatest defenses along with the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, the 85 Bears and 02 Ravens.

Exactly! I watched it 3x the first week alone! Prob. a dozen + times overall over the years too. Comcast nearly had to break my front door in to get that DVR back for their dumb ass Xfinity upgrade that I refused to turn in until it would no longer work with their system. Still pisses me off I had to turn that back in. BTW ..The Sound FX edition of that game is AWESOME!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

irfuben32

Reaction score
"we're the best damn offense to ever play this game"
-Wes Welker

That has to be taken in to consideration. This was a historic record setting offense that the LOB outscored on their own. The offense didn't need to score a single point and we would have won 9-8 (I know, I know the safety wasn't really some great defensive play...)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":3i5ehtfu said:
Seymour":3i5ehtfu said:

00 Ravens and also the 02 Bucs. Not 02 Ravens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You guys are rank amateurs. I watch it every 2 months and it NEVER NEVER gets old. 8)

Great times!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
One of the most dominant Super Bowl victories of all time . . . by one of the best defenses of all time . . . and one of the best overall teams of all time. If they only had a better OC who could have put up consistent numbers with Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Zach Miller, Michael Robinson, etc. That was everything about Pete Carroll's philosophy coming to fruition.

Seahawk

Reaction score
irfuben32":a68r3opj said:
"we're the best damn offense to ever play this game"
-Wes Welker

That has to be taken in to consideration. This was a historic record setting offense that the LOB outscored on their own. The offense didn't need to score a single point and we would have won 9-8 (I know, I know the safety wasn't really some great defensive play...)
This ^^^

The Broncos/Manning set records, won MVP, honors, etc etc that year and the Seahawks turned those awards into participaction trophies.

My Wife is from Denver so she was group texting with her family. I had a small party and we were getting ready for the start of the game and she was relaying the condolences from her family on the beat down the Seahawks were about to receive. They reminded us of all the accolades blah blah blah. It got pretty silent once the game started and it was AWESOME!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When Kam knocked that fool 4 yards back on the 1st drive, you could tell it was over. Yes, that early. No way they had even a remote chance against the Hawks that day.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Ha, yeah I should have clarified, have not watched the game in its entirety, just highlights.

You can feel the tone the defense was setting from the sofa, holy cow, pey pey took a big ol horse you know what about 12 seconds in to the first quarter and it was a beat down from there.

historic.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I literally KNEW the game was ours after the safety. I even told everyone at the party that.

You could just FEEL IT from the first snap of the game.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I just watched it again the other day too
Look how much faster our D was then
Our pass rush pressure was phenomenal
Doug was Doug and Russ was Russ
Our team was faster as a whole and they'd never seen percy play , boy did they regret that
Our special teams were great
On to now .
Our defense is younger and hopefully faster
Im hoping our special teams looks like that again
If our offense can block and run the ball like I Think theyre gonna this is going to be a fun ride

chris98251

Reaction score
That game solidified the Teams reputation of why teams feared us. The Broncos were castrated in front of the world within 12 seconds of the start of the game and were afraid the rest of it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":265qygle said:
I literally KNEW the game was ours after the safety. I even told everyone at the party that.

As a lifelong Seahawk fans convinced that we were a cursed franchise, I was not confident until Percy ran the 2nd half opening kickoff back.

After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9z9g4n07 said:
Aros":9z9g4n07 said:

As a lifelong Seahawk fans convinced that we were a cursed franchise, I was not confident until Percy ran the 2nd half opening kickoff back.

After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

Exactly!. I had the metal potato chip bowl on my lap protecting my beolas prepared for that kick.