Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Do the Seahawks have the Eagles' number?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Do the Seahawks have the Eagles' number?
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 pm
  • So much of football is matchups. The Seahawks beat the Eagles in every phase of the game last season. And that was when they were at full strength with Carson Wentz.

It seems like a very long time since the Eagles have claimed a victory over us. The last time was 2008, to be precise.

Too bad we don't get them in the regular season. But I hope to see them in the playoffs. 8)
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• We've actually done quite well against the NFC East the last few years IIRC. I know we've bounced the 'Skins out of the playoffs at least 3 times.

:mrgreen:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:We've actually done quite well against the NFC East the last few years IIRC. I know we've bounced the 'Skins out of the playoffs at least 3 times.

:mrgreen:

Definitely against the Eagles and Giants. Cowboys we are 3-1 since 2012, but one win was vs. Cassel and the loss was the Cowboys signature win in 2014 and our only loss at home that year. They had a really good team that year.

Redskins were in the same boat then they (+ Walsh) upset us at home this year. I'm still mad :twisted:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Hopefully our ST will be extremely improved this year

Go Hawks
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks aren't a bad team. No rebuild necessary like some people think. If we had good kicker last season we would have went 12-4.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Seahawks aren't a bad team. No rebuild necessary like some people think. If we had good kicker last season we would have went 12-4.

Indeed, but perhaps that also would have postponed this necessary rebuild. Anyway, I am optimistic about the new season and can't wait for it to start. Beating the Eagles in the playoffs would be nice.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

• Crizilla wrote:Seahawks aren't a bad team. No rebuild necessary like some people think. If we had good kicker last season we would have went 12-4.

Not to provoke drama, but who will start at kicker this season? Myers has a less than spectacular resume. Janikowski is spectacular, but he is 40 years old and has missed OTAs with a hip injury. He missed last season with a back injury.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Russell was amazing in this game. That TD pass to Baldwin with the pressure barrelling down on him . . . wow.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:So much of football is matchups. The Seahawks beat the Eagles in every phase of the game last season. And that was when they were at full strength with Carson Wentz.

It seems like a very long time since the Eagles have claimed a victory over us. The last time was 2008, to be precise.

Too bad we don't get them in the regular season. But I hope to see them in the playoffs. 8)

The Eagles were not at full strength. They were already down Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, and Jordan Hicks. Seahawks simply beat the Eagles but the Eagles really shot themselves in the foot on a few occasions namely the first drive when Carson overthrew a wide open Nelson Agholor which would have gone for 6 and then the obvious Wentz fumble into the end zone was a big one.

The Eagles typically don't fare well in Seattle. 4 of the last 5 meetings dating back to 2008 have been in Seattle with the lone game in Philly being led by QB great (lol) Mark Sanchez.

Hopefully the Eagles get the next one at home.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• xkj1985x wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:So much of football is matchups. The Seahawks beat the Eagles in every phase of the game last season. And that was when they were at full strength with Carson Wentz.

The Eagles were not at full strength. They were already down Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, and Jordan Hicks. Seahawks simply beat the Eagles but the Eagles really shot themselves in the foot on a few occasions namely the first drive when Carson overthrew a wide open Nelson Agholor which would have gone for 6 and then the obvious Wentz fumble into the end zone was a big one.

The Eagles typically don't fare well in Seattle. 4 of the last 5 meetings dating back to 2008 have been in Seattle with the lone game in Philly being led by QB great (lol) Mark Sanchez.

Hopefully the Eagles get the next one at home.

Yeah but the whole point with this year's Eagles team is that they won it all while not being at full strength. You can't deny that no other team played the Eagles as well as the Seahawks did. That says more about how great the Eagles were than anything tbh. Only one bad game an entire season.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Um, the Hawks were not at full strength either.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Even though the Eagles won the Superbowl I'm not sure they strike fear into anyone.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Yeah but the Eagles were w/out their SuperBowl MVP QB. :mrgreen:
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

• Mindsink wrote:Yeah but the Eagles were w/out their SuperBowl MVP QB. :mrgreen:

:P
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Even though the Eagles won the Superbowl I'm not sure they strike fear into anyone.

That D Line probably does. Yeesh they have some dawgs on there.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information