STH To Pay Extra For Printed Tickets In 2019

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, just saw that a little bit ago. Opted for printed of course this year. Hopefully it's not a huge fee for the printed ones next year. I feel like mobile only is going to be a huge poop show, for various reasons.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but I find this frustrating.

My personal experience: I bought 3 tickets to the Falcons game last year off Stubhub. The tickets weren't available to even view until 24 hours until kickoff.
I bought the tickets in June, and couldn't view them until November 21st or whatever date it was.

I hate the way tickets are done now. Back in my day, you had a physical ticket in your hand, not "I hope I have enough battery life in my cell phone/I hope I don't lose my cell phone before the game."

Plus the tickets are like a souvenir to keep and display in the man cave. Now what's a guy to do?

/end rant

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Meh, can't remember the last time I used physical tickets for an event, or for flying for that matter, and I'm not exactly a spring chicken at 45.

I don't think they should charge for them, but if you want a souvenir ticket, I think it should be available by request only.

From an ecological perspective, it's probably a good idea, but in the grand scheme of waste at one of these events it's like peeing into the wind.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't like having to trust technology via smart phone, via app to gain access to a game. I also like the hard copy as a memento if the game was memorable. The wife wants to try it but I don't like it.

Now get off my lawn.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Not everyone has a cell phone. If you have no reception, you're screwed. I guess they can screen shot maybe but still. They are assuming that everyone has a phone etc. People forget their phones, battery dies, phone messes up in general etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Airlines have been doing this practice for years. I actually like it. One less thing to lose.
Like someone said, just make sure you have enough battery charge.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I actually remembered the last time I used paper tickets. It was Sep 15, 2013, the night Sherman danced with Sea Gal Jessica after picking off Kaepernick.

I remember it because I arrived at the stadium to discover that I had left the paper tickets at the hotel. I was able to go online and download the electronic version which worked to get me into the stadium.

Last time I relied on paper tickets.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's a battery thing for me.

Probably half of the games, my battery is just about dead by the time we get to the gate. After 3-4 hours of tailgating. Some FF watching etc. Sometimes we remember our battery chargers. Sometimes we don't.

I like the printed tickets in the lanyard. Much easier to present to the ticket personnel after you've been drinking for 4+ hours before getting in. If it's not obscenely more expensive, I'll probably opt out of the electronic tickets.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jerhawk":g4e93nhz said:

My personal experience: I bought 3 tickets to the Falcons game last year off Stubhub. The tickets weren't available to even view until 24 hours until kickoff.
I bought the tickets in June, and couldn't view them until November 21st or whatever date it was.

I hate the way tickets are done now. Back in my day, you had a physical ticket in your hand, not "I hope I have enough battery life in my cell phone/I hope I don't lose my cell phone before the game."

Plus the tickets are like a souvenir to keep and display in the man cave. Now what's a guy to do?

/end rant

Jacksonville, December....BINGO. I was ticked. Missed half of the first qtr getting my paper ticket from a vendor lady.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks are buying into the less for more theory of the world. You pay for seasons tickets but don't actually get them, which makes no sense to me. Avoids any need to give STH their annual cheesy gift.

Hate this idea, get it for playoffs where time is of the essence. For all the above reasons well stated by others I like having a hard ticket and collect them and kept them all for XLVIII including my SB game tickets.

I wonder if there will be a concurrent reduction in the cost of the seasons tickets or do us fans just take another shot in the shorts?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Can't you print the scan bar from the mobile ticket? I know I did that when I bought mine last year from Ticketmaster, but it wasn't a season ticket. I was flying to a strange city with too many possible unknowns so I wanted it for a backup. I almost needed it because my phone took forever to load while I was waiting in line. Luckily it finally loaded as I got to the ticket scanner.

I do understand the desire to keep them for the memories, so I do agree on that point for sure.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
kidhawk":nmbdga8s said:
Can't you print the scan bar from the mobile ticket? I know I did that when I bought mine last year from Ticketmaster, but it wasn't a season ticket. I was flying to a strange city with too many possible unknowns so I wanted it for a backup. I almost needed it because my phone took forever to load while I was waiting in line. Luckily it finally loaded as I got to the ticket scanner.

I do understand the desire to keep them for the memories, so I do agree on that point for sure.

Yes, you can print the mobile ticket. What you can't do is take a screenshot, which won't actually scan properly for some reason.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) I emailed and asked and was told voucher for programs and gift will still be mailed regardless

2) Paper tickets create a HUGE problem. People sell those outside the stadium as real tickets, they look real heck they are real but someone re-printed with a new barcode and everyone gets screwed......

3) I don't understand the barcode issue. The electronic tickets for this season are already in your account. You can import it into your phone, you can transfer it, keep it. What is the barcode issue? There is no reason to print it as you can download it so even if reception crashes you are good. They are 100% viewable - I know I looked at them yesterday

hawknation2018

Reaction score
mikeak":2p5yyhmb said:
1) I emailed and asked and was told voucher for programs and gift will still be mailed regardless

2) Paper tickets create a HUGE problem. People sell those outside the stadium as real tickets, they look real heck they are real but someone re-printed with a new barcode and everyone gets screwed......

3) I don't understand the barcode issue. The electronic tickets for this season are already in your account. You can import it into your phone, you can transfer it, keep it. What is the barcode issue? There is no reason to print it as you can download it so even if reception crashes you are good. They are 100% viewable - I know I looked at them yesterday

Unless your phone dies . . . then the printed copy avoids some hassle.

But you're right on downloading. Another reason not to try screenshoting,

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":36phik2v said:
mikeak":36phik2v said:

Unless your phone dies . . . then the printed copy avoids some hassle.

Either way - I just logged onto my account to confirm. It says right there with a link "view barcode". You click on it and barcode comes up and you can print that

mikeak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":x44sp4f6 said:

/end rant

back in the day people would lose tickets, get to the game realize they forgot it at home, buy counterfeit tickets and heck I remember reading about a guy that fled Katrina that stated "last thing I did was run in the house and grab my LSU tickets". So electronic tickets saves lives in case of emergencies!!!!!!!! :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3edpd29m said:

Well phones can be lost, stolen, destroyed or lose battery and make everything on it, so it's quite possible to not even be able to access your downloads. Having a paper backup can't hurt.

I think the main issue here though is that people do collect the season tickets and this is the first step in not having paper tickets available to collect at all (besides the fact that they'd have to pay extra). Imagine if you'd collected every ticket from every game (or even every game special to you) since the first home opener ever and then your collection had to cease? People will survive but they won't be happy.

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":1c7pshqi said:
mikeak":1c7pshqi said:

Well phones can be lost, stolen, destroyed or lose battery and make everything on it, so it's quite possible to not even be able to access your downloads. Having a paper backup can't hurt.

I think the main issue here though is that people do collect the season tickets and this is the first step in not having paper tickets available to collect at all (besides the fact that they'd have to pay extra). Imagine if you'd collected every ticket from every game (or even every game special to you) since the first home opener ever and then your collection had to cease? People will survive but they won't be happy.

I get that point (but it wasn't the main objection brought up above), understand it fully.

I think the solution would be if they actually allowed you to click on the link and get a nice ticket on your phone or computer / a pdf file that people could print on nice paper. Yeah it would come with a few dollar cost to get the FedEx store to print it but it does limit people getting scammed which is a relatively big problem......

I once had a typewriter and really liked the printed nice letters that I would receive and send. Now I get emails.......

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Personally, I've spent way too long in airport boarding lines waiting for people's phone app tickets to properly scan, to trust this with my Seahawks ticket. I have a new S8 and I still print out my boarding pass. It just works better.