Dion Jordan out 6-8 weeks for knee surgery

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jordan's absence from OTAs has been a matter of speculation for a while. Knee arthroscopy isn't a huge deal, but it does open up an opportunity during training camp for players like Marcus Smith, Rasheem Green, and Branden Jackson. Jordan will then have to round himself into shape after the surgery. Chances for Green to start the opener at 5T just increased.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not a HUGE deal, but yeah, it will need to strengthen at the right pace and it does open the door for a couple a 5T at least in the interim.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, Marino had that done almost every year. ;)

Yeah, better to do it now, rather than go into the season with a weak knee. 6 weeks would still give him some TC and pre-season work, so should be fine.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A man that big, and that talented doesn't need training camp :)

With that knee, I'd rest him as much as possible.

naholmes

Reaction score
It’s concerning because he missed all of 2016 with a knee injury before he was released by the Dolphins for a failed physical. Hopefully this latest procedure takes care of the problem because he is ticketed for a big role with Avril and Bennett gone.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
welp. love dion but guessing they knew before they resigned him. also gives my adopted rookie rasheem a chance lets go ...

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Pro: The procedure happened in June, not September so he should be good to go at the start of the season.

Con: How many procedures has he had since 2016? What happens if he suffers a set back?

Pro: Options at DE, so this shouldn't be ok.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Did he just re-injure the knee that needed the procedure?

If not, why in the world wasn't this done weeks if not months ago?

GO HAWKS!!!

toffee

Reaction score
In the past, this guy needs constant sense of usefulness, otherwise he lapse into depression or destructiveness. Read how Cable saves his career. With this latest setback, let hope that Hawk coaching staffs somehow keeps him involved, and make him feel being useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3dj4reur said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1005137897907879936[/tweet]
Ok, that wasn't quite clear to me when first posted. Thanks.

:2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is the same situation that kept Jordan out on PUP last season, I thought he was supposed to be healthy?

He's somewhat important to the D with the losses of Avril and Bennett. This situation needs to be monitored very closely as we all seem to have been sold a package of BS that he was expected to be a contributor this season. If his knees are so wonky that he needs a procedure every season he certainly isn't worth much and likely is not worth his RFA tendered amount if he can't be relied upon.

chris98251

Reaction score
From what I gathered this was a bit of clean up from the previous surgery, so maybe fragments or some scar tissue ?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":2cmnwsp1 said:
From what I gathered this was a bit of clean up from the previous surgery, so maybe fragments or some scar tissue ?

Yeah, Jordan was probably having some pain or discomfort in the knee while getting ready for OTAs. It's a minimally invasive surgery. It's good to hear that the scope was already completed and that a full reconstruction wasn't necessary.

Still, I think it opens up a crack for rookie Rasheem Green. Would love to see him start at the 5T, where he excels the most as a pass rusher and in run support. That allows Frank Clark to play the 9T, pin his ears back a little more and attack the backfield.

This is a baaaaddddd man:
Jef7riveojap6mlig3we

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1003325147892183040[/tweet]

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
I really hope he's ready to go. Otherwise it's Frank, some unprovens, and some rookies. Not that Jordan was super proven, he did have a fair few sacks in limited action though.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It also opens up a potential opportunity for Quinton Jefferson at the 5T. Since getting thrown out of that game last season and going after the opposing fans, Jefferson has fallen off the ledger. But he's a talented player, and it would be good to see him get his confidence up again.

Marcus Smith was arguably as good as Jordan last season. One option might be to flip Clark to the 5T on some plays, opening up some more playing time for Smith at the 9T. Then you get two explosive pass rushers on the field in Clark/Smith.