Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Sign Eric Reid now!

Someone buy this man a beer
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:OK, but at what cost?

Do you think Thomas' agent will settle on a deal that pays him less than Eric Berry money? Somehow with Clark and Wilson waiting in the wings for new deals I can't see the team and Thomas being able to come to an agreement on a new deal as I doubt the team is going to give him a 4 yr, $75 million/$30 million plus guaranteed deal.

Bingo!! Winner!!

Also throw Wagner in there above Clark on the big $$ signing priority list.

^^^THIS^^^
    I love ET, but if he's trying to force JS & Co. to choose?, it's no contest ^^^^^^, besides, being *allas Cowboy is his where his heart is.
    His loyalty isn't with the Seahawks + It has too many $$$$$$$$ tied to it.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Again it's not stats, what scheme does Nelson play in and what are his responsibilities? Earl is not playing in a two deep or Tampa 2, he roams alone back there protecting against the deep ball and supports the Edge. QB's just don't test him much and when they do it's a incompletion or a pick when they did it his rookie year.

I think his peers and other coaches respect his abilities a lot more then you do.

Pretty much an incompletion. For it to be a pick, Earl would have to catch it.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• The greatest stumbling block at this point is Earl Thomas's misguided willingness to hurt his own team for the hope of more financial reward. I sincerely hope he re-considers his position before training camp begins. He is under salary, and the team needs him.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Bottom line.....Does Earl get a new contract with the Hawks before September 9th or not?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Bottom line.....Does Earl get a new contract with the Hawks before September 9th or not?

Probably not at this rate. If he doesn't re-consider, he may not see another dime as a football player.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:Question do people really believe Earl Thomas as hofer?? I looked at the numbers he ain’t Charles Woodson

No.

He's statistically similar to Reggie Nelson over his first 8 years and then Reggie Nelson had 14 INTs over years 9 through 11. He won't catch Reggie Nelson, let alone get into the hall. Kenny Easley had 32 picks in 7 years and it took him 25 years to get in. If he gets in, it will be because of name more than play and it won't be for an extremely long time, but likely not at all.

I really don’t know what to do with this...

Reggie Nelson? Really?
    FinNasty
    NET Practice Squad

• FinNasty wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:Question do people really believe Earl Thomas as hofer?? I looked at the numbers he ain’t Charles Woodson

No.

He's statistically similar to Reggie Nelson over his first 8 years and then Reggie Nelson had 14 INTs over years 9 through 11. He won't catch Reggie Nelson, let alone get into the hall. Kenny Easley had 32 picks in 7 years and it took him 25 years to get in. If he gets in, it will be because of name more than play and it won't be for an extremely long time, but likely not at all.

Reggie Nelson? Really?

Earl Thomas is a HoFer. Period. Full Stop.

The best player on a team that led the NFL in scoring defense for four-consecutive years.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I bet he’s traded in the coming weeks.

3rd rounder that will become a 2nd rounder if he makes the pro bowl.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    FinNasty wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:

No.

Reggie Nelson? Really?

The best player on a team that led the NFL in scoring defense for four-consecutive years.

Really hard to tell if he was the best player. I think he does have a few legitimate issues that voters will probably mull over. For example, every player in that secondary was outstanding. Even Bryon Maxwell, and Browner looked like top corner backs in our system. He certainly was a big part, but I do think his lack of bulk stats will hurt him when his name is eligible. I think they will acknowledge that he was a special player -- but at this rate I'm not so sure he'll be a first ballet. He may be waiting for a little while like Easley did. We also need to consider how much longer does he have elite play in him. That will also play a part in how the voters will view him come voting time. As good as Thomas is, I certainly don't think he was quite at Reed or Dawkins levels. My memory may be a bit hazy, but it took a bit for Dawkins to get in if I'm remembering correctly (correct me if Im wrong).

In lieu of that I think he has a good chance to go in as a hall of famer, he definitely has a few credentials that make his induction plausible, but again I think the lack of bulk stats and turnovers will come back to bite him. I think that the first member of our vaunted secondary to get in will actually be Sherman. He had some really memorable moments, and his out spoken nature/ball hawkish nature will make him very hard to forget.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:

No.

Reggie Nelson made the pro bowl twice, and was 2nd team all-pro once, in his entire career.

Earl Thomas has 6 pro bowls, 3 first team all-pros and 2 2nd team all pros in 8 years.

Similar comparison? Well, Brian Dawkins after 8 seasons had 3 pro bowls, 2 first team all-pros, 1 2nd team all-pro, 21 interceptions, at age 30. So Earl Thomas is ahead of a 2018 inducted Hall of Famer in every respect at the same stage of his career.

Of course, Dawkins went on to get another 6 pro bowl selections, and 3 first team all-pro selectiosn AFTER he turned 30, missing just 14 games over the next 8 years (7 of those in his last 2 seasons at the ripe old age of 37). So now is definitely the time to ditch Thomas and watch him play at a high level for another half decade.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:

No.

Reggie Nelson made the pro bowl twice, and was 2nd team all-pro once, in his entire career.

Earl Thomas has 6 pro bowls, 3 first team all-pros and 2 2nd team all pros in 8 years.

Similar comparison? Well, Brian Dawkins after 8 seasons had 3 pro bowls, 2 first team all-pros, 1 2nd team all-pro, 21 interceptions, at age 30. So Earl Thomas is ahead of a 2018 inducted Hall of Famer in every respect at the same stage of his career.

Of course, Dawkins went on to get another 6 pro bowl selections, and 3 first team all-pro selectiosn AFTER he turned 30, missing just 14 games over the next 8 years (7 of those in his last 2 seasons at the ripe old age of 37). So now is definitely the time to ditch Thomas and watch him play at a high level for another half decade.

That would be a Charles Woodson trajectory. I wonder if Earl is durable enough for that? Part of me says yes. I mean heck, he came back from destroying his leg.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Blitzer88 wrote:Sign Eric Reid now!

At the very least start talking to his agent.
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:

No.

That would be a Charles Woodson trajectory. I wonder if Earl is durable enough for that? Part of me says yes. I mean heck, he came back from destroying his leg.

He's missed less games at this stage of his career than Woodson (and Dawkins, and Reed), so there's no reason to believe he won't last as long as they did.

Woodson is actually a great example. The Raiders let him go at age 29 after 8 years (and a season where he missed 10 games) and he went to Green Bay, played 6 years, missed 3 games, made 4 pro bowls, 2 first team all-pros and 2 second team all-pros, won a superbowl, and was DPOY.

I see no reason why it can't be the same for Thomas.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    FinNasty wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:No.

Reggie Nelson? Really?

Really hard to tell if he was the best player. I think he does have a few legitimate issues that voters will probably mull over. For example, every player in that secondary was outstanding. Even Bryon Maxwell, and Browner looked like top corner backs in our system. He certainly was a big part, but I do think his lack of bulk stats will hurt him when his name is eligible. I think they will acknowledge that he was a special player -- but at this rate I'm not so sure he'll be a first ballet. He may be waiting for a little while like Easley did. We also need to consider how much longer does he have elite play in him. That will also play a part in how the voters will view him come voting time. As good as Thomas is, I certainly don't think he was quite at Reed or Dawkins levels. My memory may be a bit hazy, but it took a bit for Dawkins to get in if I'm remembering correctly (correct me if Im wrong).

In lieu of that I think he has a good chance to go in as a hall of famer, he definitely has a few credentials that make his induction plausible, but again I think the lack of bulk stats and turnovers will come back to bite him. I think that the first member of our vaunted secondary to get in will actually be Sherman. He had some really memorable moments, and his out spoken nature/ball hawkish nature will make him very hard to forget.

I think you really answer your own questions about the secondary being so good. Yes, guys like Maxwell and Browner looked a lot better here than they did elsewhere, and the question of why is so often asked. From what I've seen, and I've said this many times over ET's career, it's the speed of Thomas that allows our secondary to be as good as they are. They absolutely have to have talent of their own to be able to make the plays, but the fact that ET has such speed to the ball, he allows guys to take more chances and make more plays simply because they know that he's there. ET is one of, if not the best free safety of our time.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• themunn wrote:
    I see no reason why it can't be the same for Thomas.

It certainly can. Like Woodson, Earl takes tremendous care of himself and most importantly still has a passion for playing.

My only hesitation with Earl is what makes him great is also his worst enemy............his reckless abandon. Great if your 24, but not so great when you're 30 trying to recover from another serious injury because you ran 40 yards and dove headfirst into the pile at full speed.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• ET has made himself the distraction that PC has made a point of eliminating from this years team. That alone will make his departure a guarantee by training camp or the first regular season game. I only hope they send him to an AFC team that needs a FS and plenty of cap space to pay him, or franchise him next year.

A third or conditional 2nd makes sense at this point.
    Last edited by kf3339 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Love the player, hate the holdout.

Am starting to agree with the thinking above, it's time to move him out.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Trading now would be for absolute peanuts. We have the players and cap space to withstand a holdout. Just telling us up front actually allows the team to better prepare even. So why sell impossibly low? His value has likely only declined since the draft. Still not sure who would even want to pony up a pick and pay Eric berry money - when the safety market is super depressed, the value isn’t there.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Trading now would be for absolute peanuts. We have the players and cap space to withstand a holdout. Just telling us up front actually allows the team to better prepare even. So why sell impossibly low? His value has likely only declined since the draft. Still not sure who would even want to pony up a pick and pay Eric berry money - when the safety market is super depressed, the value isn’t there.

Right, and if Earl is betting on himself like he probably is, he might even make more being franchised with a fully guaranteed one year deal for a year or two than he would being lowballed here or elsewhere because there's not a big market for safeties.

I understand he wants the security of a new deal, but I'd be greatly disappointed in our FO if they caved yet again on a new deal that will bite us in the ass. Bennett, Kam, Avril, Sherman.............enough already.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Trading Earl should be off the table. No way we get value for him under the circumstances.

Only three scenarios are realistic:
    1. Seahawks capitulate to the threat and agree to Earl’s terms during his holdout. This likelineness of this outcome depends on how far apart they are right now. If they’re close, then maybe. But I find this to be unlikely. They do not want to set the precedent that would encourage future players to harm the team in the pursuit of more financial gain.
    OR
    2. Seahawks refuse to come to terms during his holdout. And Earl ends his holdout. I find this to be the most likely outcome. Earl called Kam Chacellor’s decision to miss games ‘bad energy.’ He saw the team lose games during that time, and he saw Kam return to the team without a contract. Game theory suggests Earl will return before Week 1 without a contract.
    OR
    3. Seahawks can’t get a deal done, and Earl continues his holdout. If he doesn’t return by the midpoint of the season, then his contract fails to toll, and he would remain under team control in 2019. If Earl did return in time, then the Seahawks would simply franchise him to retain his value, and the game continues. Earl gets NOTHING if he decides not to show up for work.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Actually worse than nothing because he will also get fined for missing mandatory OTAs, TC, and games. His negotiating position isn't that strong.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• What exactly does Earl gain from a holdout? People speculated during Kam Chancellor’s holdout that he was doing it because he needed time to heal up his knees. Earl appears to be healthy, so how does this benefit him?

- He faces the prospect of fines and withheld salary. He is due to make $8.5 million. That’s not an insignificant sum. The franchise tag next year would pay him $12+ million.

- He risks the team’s self-preserving response of cutting off negotiations in order to avoid the precedent that would encourage future players to hurt the team in pursuit of more money. Most people don’t respond well to threats. He’s put the team in a difficult position, and may have decreased the likelihood of a substantial contract extension in the near future.

- He faces fan backlash and damage to his reputation. Enough to keep him out of the Hall of Fame? I hope not. It depends on how ugly he makes the situation. People are already upset about his overture to a rival coach during the season.

Unfortunately, the massive contract Kam Chancellor ultimately signed may have emboldened Earl to take these risks.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:What exactly does Earl gain from a holdout? People speculated during Kam Chancellor’s holdout that he was doing it because he needed time to heal up his knees. Earl appears to be healthy, so how does this benefit him?

He gains nothing.

But it's what big name players do who are crying for a new contract. Aaron Donald, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, etc.........all skipping OTA's.

We'll see how serious Earl is when he's faced with missing game checks.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah, missing OTAs isn’t a true holdout. I think only three players have truly held out of games under the current CBA. Kam Chancellor was the first, and that was rumored to be affected by Kam’s recovery from an injury. Joey Bosa was another because he refused to agree to the Chargers’ rookie offset contract. The third was Duane Brown, and that was less about money than Brown’s moral holdout against what he viewed as a racist owner of the Houston Texans. Brown lost a lot of money with that decision, but he never complained about his contract after he was traded to the Seahawks.

If Earl makes good on his threat, it would be one of the more unusual holdouts in NFL history. And it would signal that perhaps Earl isn’t committed to playing football in the long term. And why would any franchise commit millions in guaranteed money to a player who isn’t committed in the long term. That’s the big way this would backfire against Earl if he misses training camp.

One more thought from me. Richard Sherman and Kam Chacellor are more widely considered to be future Hall of Famers, even though Earl Thomas may have been the most talented member of the Legion of Boom. Chancellor is regarded as the hardest hitting player of his generation. Meanwhile, Sherman created the biggest brand for a defensive player since Troy Polamalu. He is one of the most well known faces in the NFL, which is rare for a defensive player in today’s game.

Earl still isn’t that well known. He is a quiet leader. Understanding his game requires more attention to detail than the average fan possesses. Some of his best plays aren’t even captured on TV. To appreciate them, you have to look at the All-22 coaches film of the whole field to understand how he shuts down a portion of the field on the aggregate. He probably had the best instincts of his generation. Plenty of Seahawks fans know Earl is great, because we watch him play week after week, but I’m not sure the average person does outside of Seattle and outside of the Seahawks fan base. Partly that is because I don’t think Earl has done a good job promoting his image and managing his career in the way Sherman and Chancellor did.

In my view, Earl was better than either Sherman or Chancellor in their primes. And Earl is still better. As the last remaining member of the L.O.B., this is Earl’s opportunity to cement his legancy as one of the greatest ever. Will he seize this opportunity by the balls or simply squander it?
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Chancellor has no shot at the hall. He has no first team all pros. Sherm and Earl are the only ones who do (besides Bobby), so they have the best shot out of the LoB guys.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Chancellor has no shot at the hall. He has no first team all pros. Sherm and Earl are the only ones who do (besides Bobby), so they have the best shot out of the LoB guys.

Because the voters never wanted both First Team safeties to be Seahawks.

Ask any opponent, though, and they would say that Kam Chancellor was the most feared player in the game.

He somehow accomplished that distinction, with clean hits, despite playing in an era of increasing penalization of hard hits.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Chancellor has no shot at the hall. He has no first team all pros. Sherm and Earl are the only ones who do (besides Bobby), so they have the best shot out of the LoB guys.

Ask any opponent, though, and they would say that Kam Chancellor was the most feared player in the game.

He somehow accomplished that distinction, with clean hits, despite playing in an era of increasing penalization of hard hits.

Yes, but that won't matter when it comes to HoF voting. It's tough for safeties anyway, idk if Earl will make it. Kam won't. Sherm has the best shot if he can get at least three more pro bowl seasons.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Chancellor has no shot at the hall. He has no first team all pros. Sherm and Earl are the only ones who do (besides Bobby), so they have the best shot out of the LoB guys.

Yes, but that won't matter when it comes to HoF voting. It's tough for safeties anyway, idk if Earl will make it. Kam won't. Sherm has the best shot if he can get at least three more pro bowl seasons.

It would an amazing testament to the LOB defense if all three could make it. And it would be pretty cool if they all made it at the same time, meaning Kam would not make the first few ballots.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Oh yeah, I definitely don't think any of them are gonna be first ballot guys. Unless Sherman has a phenomenal recovery and picks up three more first team all pros (would suck for the Seahawks). It'd be really cool if they all got in, but I'd be more surprised if that happened than if none of them did. Just the way the Hall is man. They like pass rushers a lot more than DBs except for true phenoms like Woodson, Sanders, and Ed Reed.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• For HOF, Kam has almost no chance; Earl may but chances are 55/45; Sherm will talk and bitch himself into the hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:

No.

These stats are interesting but probably need to have a timeframe associated with them. Reason is back in the day it was the players that were voting for the pro bowl. Now it is a lot of fan base voting that gets them in. Some wont see the accolades because of the lack of promotion from their fanbase and the other fanbases that have not seen that much more than what their rose colored glasses see. (Any one seen my rose colored glasses?? I lost them somewhere. :P)
    :stirthepot: :irishdrinkers:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I can't believe many of you don't have as high of an opinion of Earl Thomas as I would think. IMO, he's a straight HoF lock. He's the best FS of his era. I don't really think its debatable...
    FinNasty
    NET Practice Squad

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Trading now would be for absolute peanuts. We have the players and cap space to withstand a holdout. Just telling us up front actually allows the team to better prepare even. So why sell impossibly low? His value has likely only declined since the draft. Still not sure who would even want to pony up a pick and pay Eric berry money - when the safety market is super depressed, the value isn’t there.

This is the problem. In a better market situation trading him would be a great option. Now there are no good options for the team. Only hope is that he will decide to play early on the season. It’s his last year here most likely anyway.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• I think his open market value is a pretty good reflection of his HOF chances.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Bottom line.....Does Earl get a new contract with the Hawks before September 9th or not?

Word is, there have been no real contract discussions with Earl since March.

He is history, just a matter of this last season and where he spends it.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:I think his open market value is a pretty good reflection of his HOF chances.

I don't see how these two things are tied together at all.

HOF is a career defining evaluation of talent. What's going on now in the open market is every other team has the same opinion of Earl as we do..............amazingly talented free safety, but with too many health concerns to give a massive contract extension.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:I think his open market value is a pretty good reflection of his HOF chances.

I don't see how these two things are tied together at all.

HOF is a career defining evaluation of talent. What's going on now in the open market is every other team has the same opinion of Earl as we do..............amazingly talented free safety, but with too many health concerns to give a massive contract extension.

Health concerns or lofty pay demands / Dallas only mentality?

In 8 years Earl had one freak broken leg from iron man Chancellor, and one quad issue (but 2 straight years doesn't look good I agree) I think his top knock is his game is 90% reliant on speed. That speed will only diminish over the next couple of years, so paying him for yesterdays production could become tomorrows mistake.

Unless you consider losing speed part of health concerns?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I believe Earl may have somebody that has bitter feelings towards the Seahawks in his ear..........hmmm?
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• He has the right to be taken care of, folks. Poor, poor multimillionaire. My working class heart bleeds for him.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Cowboys had 11.47 million in cap space, but just extended Martin on a 6 year 84 million dollar deal. Martin was already making over 9 mil, but the cap situation there likely means they are out of the ET trade scenario unless he were to restructure this year for more next year. Dallas has some big extensions coming up too.

Trade scenarios don't need to involve Dallas though.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• SpokaneHawks wrote:I believe Earl may have somebody that has bitter feelings towards the Seahawks in his ear..........hmmm?

adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Awww, man i miss Sherm. He says a lotta of stupid shizz, but his quotes always brought a smile to my face.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:I believe Earl may have somebody that has bitter feelings towards the Seahawks in his ear..........hmmm?

Every year we enter the stupid season. Sherm's is as good of warning as any that it has returned once again. Lazy disinformation.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:I believe Earl may have somebody that has bitter feelings towards the Seahawks in his ear..........hmmm?

Every year we enter the stupid season. Sherm's is as good of warning as any that it has returned once again. Lazy disinformation.

You know it, and you can also bet your butts that these guys have NEVER discussed their grievances amongst themselves over the last few years either.
    So many squeaky wheels got tended to with lots of Bankers Grea$e, that can be a crippling effect on negotiations.
    ET wouldn't need to talk to Sherman or anyone else, and hell, why would he?, he has seen for himself how Michael Bennett, Kam Chancellor, & Marshawn Lynch got their money by holding out.
    BUT, to say that these guys NEVER discuss their money matters amongst themselves is naïve as hell.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:

To me, stupid would be....anyone believing Sherman is always telling the truth when confronted with a sensitive situation he may be involved in. :roll:

Or maybe blind would be more appropriate?

Not saying I know. I'm saying Shermans statement = ZERO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Earl Thomas is the 6th highest paid safety in the NFL. There's an argument that 2 of those being paid more can't hold his jock when it comes to their play....Reshad Jones, LaMarcus Joyner anyone...please. He has a legit gripe in my book. He should and deserves to be paid at the minimum Kam Chancellor type of money. Kam earns $12M/yr per Sporttrac.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/safety/
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Earl Thomas is the 6th highest paid safety in the NFL. There's an argument that 4 of those being paid more can't hold his jock when it comes to their play....Reshad Jones, LaMarcus Joyner anyone...please. He has a legit gripe in my book. He should and deserves to be paid at the minimum Kam Chancellor type of money. Kam earns $12M/yr per Sporttrac.

Great. Well Russell makes $21.9M per year and is the 11th highest paid QB in the league. I guess given your logic that Russell needs to sit out until "justice" is served.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

Or better yet. Since NFL wages are going up at such high rates, nobody can have more than a 1 year deal from here forward so nobody has to do without!! :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Earl Thomas is the 6th highest paid safety in the NFL. There's an argument that 2 of those being paid more can't hold his jock when it comes to their play....Reshad Jones, LaMarcus Joyner anyone...please. He has a legit gripe in my book. He should and deserves to be paid at the minimum Kam Chancellor type of money. Kam earns $12M/yr per Sporttrac.

Earl Thomas needs nobody's pity. To date he has already received from the Seattle Seahawks ...... $50,700,000

Per OTC ....... the dead cap money that would be incurred via outright release or trade would be $1,900,000.
    However, the accompanying cap savings to be realized would be $8,500,000.

Seattle easily leads all other teams in position cost $27,672,136 at safety.

Earl Thomas is currently scheduled to receive $1,700,000 more in salary checks this year than Kam Chancellor.

It's so early in the process. So what if he misses a mini camp. After 8 years, this opens up a great opportunity for 4+ alternatives to benefit from needed coaching and reps.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information