Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Agree to disagree


    Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13650
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • I suspect it's more about the $ and contract he is going to want a lot more than his so called injury history.
    He has plenty left in the tank. We all see it how we see it. :irishdrinkers:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10499
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I think it's a combination, his vocal wanting to get out of town, his contract which will be high, and asking price. Teams thinking disgruntled they can get him for a bargain and are not going to go all in. They also don't want to deal with a contract if we trade him someplace he doesn't want to be. His injuries are minimal in the consideration since he showed he is healthy and the wear and tear based on how he plays here isn't high.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25106
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Nah, Largent is right. The NFL community looks at the ROI and says, "No thanks." Otherwise he would be gone by now. It's that simple.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4607
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Agree to disagree


    Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?


    For the following reasons:

    1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

    2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

    3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

    4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

    5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

    All in all, earl damaged his own brand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Huh? It doesn't help us. We get nothing for Earl after this season. He is a free agent and we are left with nodda, zilch, Cya. And forget about comp picks too. We will be in the FA market next year and those will amount to nothing...just like this year.

    Assuming we let him walk and don't use the franchise tag on him.


    Correct. But if we tagged him then attempted to trade him anywhere but Dallas, we likely would still get next to nothing out of the deal. I don't think Dallas would have paid him what he wants anyway, at least that is the vibe I got from their last second offer.

    Just FT him and we get him for about $21M for the next 2 years combined. 3 years will run about $35M.
    Reduced risk to us vs a 3 year $40M with a massive guarantee that he wants.
    Time to play tough.
    So Seahawks!
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


  • The two biggest things Earl did that will hurt his chances of getting an extension before this season:
    1. He publicly contemplated retirement two years ago. No team, and particularly the Seahawks after what happened with Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril, will want to hand over a massive signing bonus to a player who may decide he doesn't want to continue playing.
    2. He threatened a holdout. This further left in doubt his resolve to continue playing football. It also put the Seahawks in a bad position, because acquiescing to his request risks setting a precedent that would encourage future players to hurt the team with a holdout in the pursuit of more financial gain.

    These are also the two things that make a trade a near impossibility. The smartest thing for the Seahawks to do is to retain his rights until he decides he wants to play.

    The most likely outcome would be for Earl to return before Week 1 and save some face.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • This is Earl's last season in Seattle unless he dramatically lowers his price tag. That's the reality even then i'm not sure Seattle will be interested in another contract. He picked the wrong time to try this it won't work. My guess he comes in and plays at some point and moves on after this season.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1072
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:The two biggest things Earl did that will hurt his chances of getting an extension before this season:
    1. He publicly contemplated retirement two years ago. No team, and particularly the Seahawks after what happened with Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril, will want to hand over a massive signing bonus to a player who may decide he doesn't want to continue playing.
    2. He threatened a holdout. This further left in doubt his resolve to continue playing football. It also put the Seahawks in a bad position, because acquiescing to his request risks setting a precedent that would encourage future players to hurt the team with a holdout in the pursuit of more financial gain.

    These are also the two things that make a trade a near impossibility. The smartest thing for the Seahawks to do is to retain his rights until he decides he wants to play.

    The most likely outcome would be for Earl to return before Week 1 and save some face.

    Good post,I think it is spot on.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4027
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:This is Earl's last season in Seattle unless he dramatically lowers his price tag. That's the reality even then i'm not sure Seattle will be interested in another contract. He picked the wrong time to try this it won't work. My guess he comes in and plays at some point and moves on after this season.

    Agreed, except the team could franchise him and make him decide to either retire or play under the tag... for at least one year.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4060
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Agree to disagree


    Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?


    For the following reasons:

    1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

    2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

    3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

    4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

    5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

    All in all, earl damaged his own brand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Toffee your post nailed it!

    Earl only has himself to blame for decreasing his value.

    His vocal stupidity, and completely foolish and now disingenuous behaviour has taken a wrecking ball to his value.

    I doubt anyone offers anything of value for him b/c he will be a FA next year and wants the moon so he's uncertain of being re-signed. Sort of like Sheldon Richardson, that trade was a galactic error by BBP who thought his O might be better than it was last season.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Agree to disagree


    Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?


    For the following reasons:

    1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

    2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

    3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

    4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

    5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

    All in all, earl damaged his own brand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    You're making my points. Soulfish is the one who thinks Earl's still in his prime and doesn't have an "injury history."

    I disagree about your locker room cancer opinion though. Earl's been nothing but a model example of how to bust your ass on the field and in the film room.

    Yes he can be emotionally volatile, but IMO that's not scaring teams away. It's his age, injury history and extension demands.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13650
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Agree to disagree


    Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?


    For the following reasons:

    1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

    2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

    3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

    4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

    5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

    All in all, earl damaged his own brand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    You're making my points. Soulfish is the one who thinks Earl's still in his prime and doesn't have an "injury history."

    I disagree about your locker room cancer opinion though. Earl's been nothing but a model example of how to bust your ass on the field and in the film room.

    Yes he can be emotionally volatile, but IMO that's not scaring teams away. It's his age, injury history and extension demands.


    Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.


    I've seen those, and yes Earl has an irritating quality to his volatile personality.........he can be almost manic depressive how he deals with his emotions.

    So I can see how that grates on his teammates. But I still contend he's still a positive locker room presence, or at least neutral as to not affect other team's interest in that part of trading for Earl.

    If we're applying percentages as to why no team is giving up high pick(s) for Earl, I'd go with;

    60% Eric Berry-esque 5-6 year extension with 40M guaranteed demand
    30% injury history
    5% age
    5% personality
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13650
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.


    I've seen those, and yes Earl has an irritating quality to his volatile personality.........he can be almost manic depressive how he deals with his emotions.

    So I can see how that grates on his teammates. But I still contend he's still a positive locker room presence, or at least neutral as to not affect other team's interest in that part of trading for Earl.

    If we're applying percentages as to why no team is giving up high pick(s) for Earl, I'd go with;

    60% Eric Berry-esque 5-6 year extension with 40M guaranteed demand
    30% injury history
    5% age
    5% personality


    I like what you did there. Prob. not too far off but there is something that was left out. Making public display about playing in Dallas took a lot of team out of contention IMO and helped kill his market value. Earl screwed Earl just by being Earl.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.


    I've seen those, and yes Earl has an irritating quality to his volatile personality.........he can be almost manic depressive how he deals with his emotions.

    So I can see how that grates on his teammates. But I still contend he's still a positive locker room presence, or at least neutral as to not affect other team's interest in that part of trading for Earl.

    If we're applying percentages as to why no team is giving up high pick(s) for Earl, I'd go with;

    60% Eric Berry-esque 5-6 year extension with 40M guaranteed demand
    30% injury history
    5% age
    5% personality


    I like what you did there. Prob. not too far off but there is something that was left out. Making public display about playing in Dallas took a lot of team out of contention IMO and helped kill his market value. Earl screwed Earl just by being Earl.

    Image


    Maybe, but me thinks Earl would somehow figure out a way to be happy with playing somewhere besides Dallas if he was given the monster extension he wants.

    But yes, I agree declaring he wanted to go to Dallas doesn't help either side.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13650
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Seymour wrote:

    Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

    Image


    That’s not evidence. That’s just teammates playing on the edge.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • I am not saying Thomas is a locker room cancer in the traditional sense. However, when it comes to the "I'm In" philosophy, Earl is a player who undermines it.

    He went at Kam when he held out saying it was hurting the team. Now he's doing the same thing knowing it hurts the team. That's not "In". That's "Me-first", not "team-first". That says "ignore the airy-fairy bullshit that Pete is spouting and be about yourself instead". So as he relates to *our* locker room, he's trouble.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2132
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


  • Murmurs in Dallas that something could be announced tomorrow.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1042
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am



  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

    Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

    Image


    That’s not evidence. That’s just teammates playing on the edge.


    And this is a kingfisher looking for dinner. :roll:

    Image

    Cancers get under peoples skin. Leaders encourage greatness. Look again.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

    Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

    Image


    That’s not evidence. That’s just teammates playing on the edge.


    And this is a kingfisher looking for dinner. :roll:

    Image

    Cancers get under peoples skin. Leaders encourage greatness. Look again.


    You have no idea what is happening in that photo.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • A picture says 1000 words. You say nothing.
    You sound exactly like you did when you defended Tom Cable.
    bye again. :pukeface:
    Last edited by Seymour on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    Definitely not teammates getting pumped up together before a game.

    :roll:
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.


    You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

    that's a big stretch in my opinion.

    Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am




  • Not really any new information, other than Earl probably isn't going to holdout once training camp starts.

    We have all the leverage with Earl, and we have all the leverage with Dallas and any other team that wants Earl. Give us your 1st (or maybe 2nd), and he's yours to have and negotiate with.

    Or we're just fine keeping him and franchising Earl for another year or two.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13650
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.


    You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

    that's a big stretch in my opinion.

    Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline


    Now combine that with the fact they are clearly shopping Earl and I think there is mixed evidence of issues. Keep in mind I said I'm undecided because Earl has also clearly shown leadership at times too. You are walking into a situation of someone that loves to stir the pot against anything I post here. Again, I'm not saying he is or isn't.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Here is the situation how I see it. Earl wants to be paid like Eric Berry, unfortunately for him there is no team in the current NFL that will be willing to pay that kind of money for him. The free agency market was tepid at best for free safeties, and even the top rated FS in the draft, Reid was taken much later than expected. Right now he is his own worst enemy. Trying to negotiate that kind of contract in this climate is absolutely foolishness on his part. His best bet would be to play, and have a big season going into next years free agency.

    The second knock he has against him is the fact that he publicly mentioned retirement on social media. For a team looking to shell out big bucks to get him, this has to be a major concern. People may say "it's just Earl being Earl" but those people aren't the ones looking to pay a prospective player millions of dollars from their own pockets. He seemed to change his tune after Eric Berry got paid. If I was an owner/GM/HC I would absolutely be questioning his motivation.

    The third knock was his shenanigans that he pulled this season. What Thomas did during the Dallas game was reminiscent of a move TO would pull. It was uncalled for. To make matters worse he seemed to get into beefs with players like Wagner. I just don't think the guys heart is in the game, or Seattle anymore. He can complain about that contract all he wants, but in the end the only one that is going to be on the losing end is him.

    I've never seen a player of such high caliber have such a low stock.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2696
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • Lets not leave Pete out of this Thomas / Wagner rift either. He is flat out part of the problem at times, and Thomas even pretty much threw shade on him and called him a liar (in other words than that.)

    Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday of Wagner and Thomas: “They took care of it...they’ve already dealt with it.”

    So there’s no issue inside the locker room of a Seahawks team (8-6) that has lost two in a row and allowed 67 points in the five-plus quarters since Wagner left the Jacksonville game Dec. 10 with this intensified hamstring injury, right?

    Inside that locker room Wednesday, Thomas didn’t make that sound so.

    “There wasn’t no conversation.
    It is what it is. We move on,” Thomas said. “If that’s how you feel, that’s how you feel.’’

    So he and Wagner didn’t talk about it?

    “It’s cool,” Thomas said.

    Do you feel a need to patch things up with Wagner?

    “Ain't no patching if that's what's in your heart. Cool,” Thomas said.


    “Let's finish strong.”

    Thomas’ point following Sunday’s 42-7 loss to the Rams was that Wagner didn’t help the team by playing so obviously affected. Thomas also said it took too long for Wagner to decide to pull himself from the lost game in the third quarter.

    “I think the backups would have done just as good,” Thomas said Sunday following the Seahawks’ biggest margin of defeat in coach Pete Carroll’s tenure that began in 2010.


    https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article190895349.html
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • drrew wrote:Murmurs in Dallas that something could be announced tomorrow.

    Murmurs have been coming out of *allas since X-Mas eve. Wishful thinking by the Cowgirls org, fanbase, and sports media.
    According to those same groups Earl was supposed to be traded pre-draft, then during the draft, then right after the draft,
    None of that happened.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23850
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Seymour wrote:
    Image


    What's the context of this photo? Looks like the guys messing around on the sideline to me. Or it could be Earl and Sherm making fun of Wagner while he's trying to impress something upon them? I have no idea and I don't think anyone here does either tbh.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?


    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.


    You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

    that's a big stretch in my opinion.

    Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline


    Now combine that with the fact they are clearly shopping Earl and I think there is mixed evidence of issues. Keep in mind I said I'm undecided because Earl has also clearly shown leadership at times too. You are walking into a situation of someone that loves to stir the pot against anything I post here. Again, I'm not saying he is or isn't.


    What am I combining though?

    A photo with no context that seems to show a bunch of players chilling out on the sidelines

    Im not buying into what someone else is saying, just the photo. If there is something in it I dont see it.

    Wags and ET might have their drama. Probably do. I imagine it normal at this level. Just dont see how this photo supports any of that.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

    Tension.

    That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.


    You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

    that's a big stretch in my opinion.

    Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline


    Now combine that with the fact they are clearly shopping Earl and I think there is mixed evidence of issues. Keep in mind I said I'm undecided because Earl has also clearly shown leadership at times too. You are walking into a situation of someone that loves to stir the pot against anything I post here. Again, I'm not saying he is or isn't.


    What am I combining though?

    A photo with no context that seems to show a bunch of players chilling out on the sidelines


    Im not buying into what someone else is saying, just the photo. If there is something in it I dont see it.

    Wags and ET might have their drama. Probably do. I imagine it normal at this level. Just dont see how this photo supports any of that.


    You have some catching up to do, you should stick around some more. I said that and the twitter jabs he took = SIGNS of tension and then followed up with an article that discusses the issues. Does Wagner really not look tense to people here??

    Seymour wrote:This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.


    So Thomas and Sherm are joking, Wagner isn't. If I made a derogatory joke about someones wife for instance, that is a joke, I'm laughing...that all good in the name of team spirit correct??

    Good god this is getting silly.

    Take your mouse and click on this link...I dare you.

    https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 95349.html
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Earl sure wrote the book on "How to make a Hall of Famer in his Prime untradeable", with bonus character on "How to damage an undamageable brand".

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

    that's a big stretch in my opinion.

    Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline


    Now combine that with the fact they are clearly shopping Earl and I think there is mixed evidence of issues. Keep in mind I said I'm undecided because Earl has also clearly shown leadership at times too. You are walking into a situation of someone that loves to stir the pot against anything I post here. Again, I'm not saying he is or isn't.


    What am I combining though?

    A photo with no context that seems to show a bunch of players chilling out on the sidelines


    Im not buying into what someone else is saying, just the photo. If there is something in it I dont see it.

    Wags and ET might have their drama. Probably do. I imagine it normal at this level. Just dont see how this photo supports any of that.


    You have some catching up to do, you should stick around some more. I said that and the twitter jabs he took = SIGNS of tension and then followed up with an article that discusses the issues. Does Wagner really not look tense to people here??

    Seymour wrote:This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.


    So Thomas and Sherm are joking, Wagner isn't. If I made a derogatory joke about someones wife for instance, that is a joke, I'm laughing...that all good in the name of team spirit correct??

    Good god this is getting silly.

    Take your mouse and click on this link...I dare you.

    https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 95349.html


    you dare me? yes, very silly.

    The picture says nothing. We have no idea what anyone is thinking there. None. You can guess, but thats what it is. and its misleading one considering where it was found.

    The article is riddled with teenage level angst about "who is tougher".. and ends with both saying "its cool we move on"

    But go on, make it a big deal.

    This is the type of nonsense that doesnt go away because people keep talking about it. nothing more
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • I'm not making it a big deal, people trying pick fly shit out of pepper and ignore key words are IMO. I already stated several times I'm undecided on Earl's level of "cancer", and only have posted possible reasons some may think otherwise.

    If you cannot see tension on Wagner's position in that photo (that was my claim), then this exercise is far more useless than I expected.

    But lets carry this on another couple days anyway huh? :roll:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • I suspect if ET isn’t in camp for TC then he’s gone, gone, gone. He’s then a distraction, paying him to hold out or to end the holdout sends entirely the wrong message to the rest of the team.

    The egos of the players traded, let go in FA, or released this season were a major part of the problem last season. After a while several of them forgot the first rule to always protect their team. When it becomes all about them then they need to move on.

    It is sad that the LOB has had to be disbanded but as soon as that group began to think they were better than the team they became a problem for the team. No single player is bigger than the team

    I think ET is a special talent but he’s well paid at $8.5 mil./yr. and truly has little to complain about except there are now a few players paid more than he is at the same position. At 29 with a developing injury history any FO would want to carefully assess the ROI before awarding a big dollar 3rd contract for a player who has publicly opined about retirement or demonstrably indicated they’d rather play elsewhere. Add to this a market for S that has seemingly gone to reset and has collapsed and Earl looks to be a potential undesirable who’s contract expectations are very much out of sinc with present reality. Great player or not unless he compromises he’s going to be playing elsewhere before long or just not playing.

    Reluctantly I would move on and get what the team can get for the player and thank him for his well paid service here.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Seymour wrote:I'm not making it a big deal, people trying pick fly shit out of pepper and ignore key words are IMO. I already stated several times I'm undecided on Earl's level of "cancer", and only have posted possible reasons some may think otherwise.

    If you cannot see tension on Wagner's position in that photo (that was my claim), then this exercise is far more useless than I expected.

    But lets carry this on another couple days anyway huh? :roll:


    Trying to pick fly shit out of pepper? Here is the group on the sideline during the same game, probably at a very similar time.

    Look at the tension...

    I mean i dont care either way. But your use of the photo to prove a point was a poor choice. The exercise was useless as soon as you made the claim. You knew what you were trying to do. take the high road if you want.


    Image
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Man, look at Sherm's face in that pic. Completely disconnected, no emotion or interest in what's happening on the field. SAD.

    Look at Wagner, he's so upset with the team that he's not even in pads or cleats anymore. He's actually yelling at his teammates to man up cause we don't have enough dawgs on our team. Tension indeed.

    Now Earl... Earl is obviously taking a break from tweeting brash things towards his teammates to scream at coaches Richard, Bevell and Cable, who, due to no need for evidence or context established in previous pictures/post, we can just assume to be in this picture and having quite the words with each other in a circle of finger pointing and calling Russell Wilson too short.

    I can't believe the drama and tension this team endured over the last couple years.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1823
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Man, look at Sherm's face in that pic. Completely disconnected, no emotion or interest in what's happening on the field. SAD.

    Look at Wagner, he's so upset with the team that he's not even in pads or cleats anymore. He's actually yelling at his teammates to man up cause we don't have enough dawgs on our team. Tension indeed.

    Now Earl... Earl is obviously taking a break from tweeting brash things towards his teammates to scream at coaches Richard, Bevell and Cable, who, due to no need for evidence or context established in previous pictures/post, we can just assume to be in this picture and having quite the words with each other in a circle of finger pointing and calling Russell Wilson too short.

    I can't believe the drama and tension this team endured over the last couple years.


    We just need a facial expression expert to step in tell us about the tension in their eyes, how their ears under the hat means they are unhappy, but outside the hat means they are content. No hat... oh, man, we would need Myers-Briggs test to confirm. Or the way their nose flares up and how it indicates future contract hold outs.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote: Here is the group on the sideline during the same game, probably at a very similar time.


    NOT the same game!! Sherman is not even suited up in that pic and Wagner has on long sleeves and a different hat on!! :roll: The other pic was a pre season game, everyone is not in heavy jackets in summer pre season games! You are not very observant don't take time to read and observe the info provided (that is why I said I dare you), and it's clear why we see things different. I'm not playing this game anymore.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote: Here is the group on the sideline during the same game, probably at a very similar time.


    NOT the same game!! Sherman is not even suited up in that pic and Wagner has on long sleeves and a different hat on!! :roll: The other pic was a pre season game, everyone is not in heavy jackets in summer pre season games! You are not very observant don't take time to read and observe the info provided (that is why I said I dare you), and it's clear why we see things different. I'm not playing this game anymore.


    therein lies the point. There's no telling in a picture. i mean... there are heavy jackets in both pictures. and any of those players could have added a sweatshirt, jacket, etc. Same hats, lots of the same demeanor. But sure, the fact the team is out there on the sideline laughing suggests nothing, but one player's "eyes" suggest everything. You assume what you want and deny everything else without even seeing how you contradict your own logic.

    I dare you to admit you have no idea that any of their expressions are or mean. but you cant.
    The only one "playing the game" is you Seymour. You tried to use a picture with no context to prove a point you couldnt, not even with a link to an article.

    It was poor, and yet you double down by trying to suggest youre bigger than the ridiculous argument you tried to make
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Seymour wrote:I'm not playing this game anymore.


    Phew! Finally... :D
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1911
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • I don't know about pictures, but there are multiple ways where character issues have been shown.

    "Come get me" speaks for itself.

    The Wagner postgame comments speaks for itself. Furthermore, on plays like the 57 yard TD, for instance, the FS was no where to be seen. Earl is absolved from doing his own job when he wants to place blame.

    JS was informed the week before the draft that Earl would not hold out, potentially changing draft plans, and is now holding out.

    __________

    Now, within all that, the ROI on the player himself doesn't add up to his demands while standing on shaky character ground.

    WTF is it exactly that you numbskulls arguing about. Please don't leave me, Earl? Is that it? Get the hump up outcha back now....
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4607
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Image
    Image

    Does anyone else think these pictures are "the same game near the same time?" (We do know the first pic is a pre season game)


    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote: Here is the group on the sideline during the same game, probably at a very similar time.


    NOT the same game!! Sherman is not even suited up in that pic and Wagner has on long sleeves and a different hat on!! :roll: The other pic was a pre season game, everyone is not in heavy jackets in summer pre season games! You are not very observant don't take time to read and observe the info provided (that is why I said I dare you), and it's clear why we see things different. I'm not playing this game anymore.


    therein lies the point. There's no telling in a picture. i mean... there are heavy jackets in both pictures. and any of those players could have added a sweatshirt, jacket, etc. Same hats, lots of the same demeanor. But sure, the fact the team is out there on the sideline laughing suggests nothing, but one player's "eyes" suggest everything. You assume what you want and deny everything else without even seeing how you contradict your own logic.

    I dare you to admit you have no idea that any of their expressions are or mean. but you cant.
    The only one "playing the game" is you Seymour. You tried to use a picture with no context to prove a point you couldnt, not even with a link to an article.

    It was poor, and yet you double down by trying to suggest youre bigger than the ridiculous argument you tried to make


    Speaking of doubling down. Let me get this right....So Sherman took off his game jersey and put on a sweatshirt in August, Wagner, took off his game jersey then put on a long sleeve and then his jersey back on over that, then he changed to a different color stocking hat, then Earl put on a heavy overcoat in August. Ohh and also notice Avril is not suited up....that couldn't possibly mean this is post injury though..."we just don't know" Good god.

    No you cannot even see Wagners eyes in the pick I showed --drop that crap, you made that up to put more words in my mouth. I said it showed tension for the 10th time. Look at his friggen forearms, bicepts poping, fists clenched and the forward lean and Earl backing off bending back. Ever hear of body language?? TENSION for the 10th time is what I said!! :177692:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5612
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Quit while you're behind. :roll:
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2534
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    No you cannot even see Wagners eyes in the pick I showed --drop that crap, you made that up to put more words in my mouth. I said it showed tension for the 10th time. Look at his friggen forearms, bicepts poping, fists clenched and the forward lean and Earl backing off bending back. Ever hear of body language?? TENSION for the 10th time is what I said!! :177692:


    Eyes, position, blah blah. It's all the same nonsense.

    But this is my favorite part yet.

    I mean Earl's not leaning back in a throwing motion or anything... he's just cowering, in fear, with a huge smile.

    This is the absurd that just keeps on giving. With no context except references to having what amounts to a mild disagreement, you are fetching proof to support a claim based on body language in that same picture.

    As for ET, Wags, etc... there's more drama in the parent section of a girls high school softball game then what I'm reading here

    This has been fun... thank you
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13763
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online