Bobby Wagner #21 on NFL Top 100 2018

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's so frustrating. He should've been #15 or better this year IMO. This tells me he will never win DPOY. He'd have to have like 5 picks, 5 sacks, 150 tackles, etc. to have a shot which is so unfair

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, well, we need to win more games if we want to place higher on that list. :229031_shrug:

I'm not arguing that Bobby doesn't have the talent, but it's just reality that non-playoff teams have trouble making all-star lists.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
There's not a single linebacker that is better. I literally wouldnt take any other LB. Kuechly? Pah, he's one hit away from counting to potato.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, it's just a list, means nothing really. Plus, 21 is pretty damn good. His peers have mad respect for him.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This year is going to be a big one for Bwagz... This is the first year our defense isn't supposed to be special. If he has a monster year and leads this defense well they can't ignore him. Question is, can he? I'm sure he'll get his no matter what, but can he successfuly lead to victory a team defense with little to no "stars" on it?

I think he can but time will tell.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":r1cusnut said:
Meh, it's just a list, means nothing really. Plus, 21 is pretty damn good. His peers have mad respect for him.

Russ disagrees!! He says it means a lot to the players. Are you trolling Russ now?? :twisted: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Seriously though. Wags deserves higher, but little by little he is getting the attention he deserves. He was just overshadowed by other loudmouth teammates IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's just a list. 21 is still mad respect. Can't take any list serious that has Goff that high.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Very disrespectful, especially if he isn’t the highest rated MLB on the list.

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":pnswmmds said:
I guess you're right Soulfish, #21 is really good. I wonder how high Russ will be.

Since this is voted on by the players, I imagine definitely inside the Top 10. He has the players complete respect and admiration.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":3cjw9ae9 said:
Very disrespectful, especially if he isn’t the highest rated MLB on the list.

Kuechly will be above him. I don't think he was better last year, but he is better overall. Unreal instincts in the passing game and he's great against the run. I'd take Wagz because he doesn't have concussion issues and is damn near as good.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner has outperformed Kuechley the past two years now.

Yes, Wagner is better than Kuechley.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":363eiuwm said:
21st best player in the entire league is disrespect?

When you’re a Top 15 player in the league, yes.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wagner is the best Mike in the league now easily and ha been among the elite of the elite of all football players for a while now. I really like Kuechly as a WLB where his pass coverage ability is maximized and his weakness at the point of attack is minimized. Dude is 6'2/6'3 238. He's light and undersized with an average center of gravity. On top of that he has 30 inch arms, which is almost an oddity among LBs. I still remember his rookie game against the Hawks. Mike Rob literally put him on his back. Paul McCuistan launched him a legitimate 3 yards in the air(5 yards overall). And he got layed out a 3rd time as well.

I think Kuechly is a brillant football player. He's a really nice athlete in most regards to boot, but I would expect that he had high grades in mathematics and geometry. His use of angles is probably unmatched. However, the use of angles is a byproduct of a weakness against the Point Of Attack.

The single, lone area that Kuechly has an edge on Wagner is pass coverage, but Kuechly isn't even second in any other category. Many LBs are better than him in basically ever other category other than pass coverage. Obviously not understated, but whatever. Wagner is by far the top overall LB in the entire league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a list, it means squat. Look at where Goff was, that immediately makes the list weak. Not even worth the effort of a yawn.