'Fresh' Seattle Seahawks have 2012 feel

hawknation2018

Reaction score
No NFL coach embraces the "compete" mantra as ferociously as Pete Carroll. Every position. Every snap. Compete to win.
All the change has led to a renewed feel in Seattle, one that reminds Carroll of that 2012 squad.

"It does feel like that," Carroll said. "There was a time when our star players weren't star players yet, they were just coming up, and it was exciting to see that emergence. That's what we're counting on in the next year, seeing these guys start to come to prominence and make a spot for themselves. I'm not even concerned about it. I just want to see what the timeline is. I hope it happens now. I want to see it happen right away."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -2012-feel

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Waiting for the reply stating that this is just coach-speak. We've already been told by some supposedly wise football sages around this virtual community that there's no real reason for optimism since we haven't really made any changes of significance (O-line is still in trouble, Schottenheimer won't be better than Bevell, defense as a whole has lost too many good players to be strong, at all).

But I agree with this statement from PC. We had become a very good team before all of our young guys became widely known.

chris98251

Reaction score
It is Coach Speak right now, Pete always goes away from OTA's the optimist, the difference is the leadership board has been cleared of some of the voices and those that step up will be different but hopefully have the same drive, that's what we need to see if the leaders push each other to achieve a level of play that a Champion will strive for.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I guess that is the million dollar question for this team this season are they the 2011 version or the 2012 version. With a QB like Russ they could be the 2011 version and win 10 games instead of 7.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sdog1981":123yebjx said:
I guess that is the million dollar question for this team this season are they the 2011 version or the 2012 version. With a QB like Russ they could be the 2011 version and win 10 games instead of 7.

That's my thinking as well. Following that theory, we may be two years away from another Super Bowl run which I am perfectly okay with.