Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Byron Maxwell, aka “Boost,” taking first team reps at RCB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Maxwell had no health issues, working fully throughout the practice and with the first team at right cornerback when the first team defense took the field for the first time, with Shaquill Griffin on the left side, a cornernback alignment that will likely be the team’s starting cornerback pairing in 2018.
    As Maxwell took the field Tuesday, he did so with a jersey on which was written the word “Boost’’ over his name. Since Maxwell was not made available to the media, though, the meaning was left a mystery.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... m-defense/
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Not a fan of Maxwell, dude is a bum lol. Maybe he's good in this defense but man he is abysmal outside of it lol...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

• FinNasty wrote:Not a fan of Maxwell, dude is a bum lol. Maybe he's good in this defense but man he is abysmal outside of it lol...

He is a system player and he works in the system Carroll runs. It is the same thing as all the players who are "bums" once they leave New England. That is how you win in the NFL get a system that works and find cheap players who only work in your system.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Yep Max may not be much outside of Seattle but in our system he thrives.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When Maxwel left, he was doing quite well for us. Because of that, he got a good FA contract elsewhere. Since he's been back, he's shown much of the talent he had when here before.

One caveat, of course, is that he had the best safety in the league behind him in our typical 3-deep zone system. He didn't have that on the other teams. ET is endangering that with his holdout. If we can't replace him, it might affect the play of the CB's.

Overall, though, I'm certainly happy to have Maxie back.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I’m happy to see this player show up along with Clark, Maxie is no bum in our system and likely was expected to do too much in Philly and Miami when it clear he’s very solid in run support and reliable and steady but not exceptional in pass coverage.

He plays well in our C3 which is probably the best fit for him. The whole scheme will need to be tweaked if Thomas isn’t here.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Love Maxwell.....he just causes turnovers with his length. Missed him when he was gone. We were diminished. It would be nice to get an extended look at the 6 foot 3 Tre Flowers at RCB in the preseason.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Yep Max may not be much outside of Seattle but in our system he thrives.

Dude is a baller in Seattle's system.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Greenhell wrote:
    Aros wrote:Yep Max may not be much outside of Seattle but in our system he thrives.

And this (above) is all that matters. He's here, he's in and he's ours. May he overcome the naysayers and ball out!
    Vaclav44
    NET Rookie

• Vaclav44 wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    Aros wrote:Yep Max may not be much outside of Seattle but in our system he thrives.

And this (above) is all that matters. He's here, he's in and he's ours. May he overcome the naysayers and ball out!

And so say all of us :irishdrinkers:
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

• Greenhell wrote:

The free safety that made Seattle's system what it is, just committed to a holdout.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:

The free safety that made Seattle's system what it is, just committed to a holdout.

We shall see how our HOF FS perform this season. With another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:Love Maxwell.....he just causes turnovers with his length. Missed him when he was gone. We were diminished. It would be nice to get an extended look at the 6 foot 3 Tre Flowers at RCB in the preseason.

I think Tre Flowers work at LCB with Griffin sliding in at the slot on passing downs. Maxwell stays at RCB. I could see this happening. Since Griffin is super quick, I am sure he can the smaller slot receivers who have always given us trouble in the past.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• raisethe3 wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Love Maxwell.....he just causes turnovers with his length. Missed him when he was gone. We were diminished. It would be nice to get an extended look at the 6 foot 3 Tre Flowers at RCB in the preseason.

I think Tre Flowers work at LCB with Griffin sliding in at the slot on passing downs. Maxwell stays at RCB. I could see this happening. Since Griffin is super quick, I am sure he can the smaller slot receivers who have always given us trouble in the past.

Griffin sliding into the slot would eliminate Coleman. Bad move IMO.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    raisethe3 wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Love Maxwell.....he just causes turnovers with his length. Missed him when he was gone. We were diminished. It would be nice to get an extended look at the 6 foot 3 Tre Flowers at RCB in the preseason.

Griffin sliding into the slot would eliminate Coleman. Bad move IMO.

Agreed Griff is too long, why Coleman works there so well great quick twitch.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• In a Cover 3 system the FS doesn't really help the CBs unless there's no deep middle route because the outside thirds aren't actually his responsibility, right? Not sure how common those kinds of route combos are, but in that case it was good to have a CB of Sherman's caliber so Earl could leave him on an "island" against a deep route run on his side and cheat towards the lesser CB's deep third. Now that we don't have a shutdown CB (unless Quill takes a massive leap) it'll be interesting to see that works for a whole season. That's assuming ETIII is playing.

I'm hoping Maxwell will be better for us this year than last after knocking off some rust. Barring an age or injury-related slowdown, being back in the system for offseason programming should help. Both CBs were having trouble against comebacks and in-breaking routes from what I recall. Ball skills are a little lacking too (asides from Maxy retaining his knack for forcing fumbles). I don't think Browner was necessarily a much more fundamentally sound corner than what we have now, but boy did he have a knack for getting turnovers. Sherman was the same before they stopped throwing at him. INTs have dried up since the glory days, would be great to see our guys get their hands on some more passes this season.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Tre will get some action in the preseason as it makes less sense to play the wiley veteran Maxwell. That's my 2 cents as far as opportunity to see what he (Tre) has. We do have a host of other CB pickups....
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• People conveniently forget that Maxwell thrived to one of the worst QB ratings against last season. Was like a 120+.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Time to see who all is ready to step up. It feels alot like when Sherm got his chance when Tru went down. I'm just glad the K. Jennings and J. Wilson days are over. Lol
    12thman.garydrake
    NET Bench Warmer

• They would love anyone to take that position from him. Time for somebody to step up.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information