Russell Wilson #11 on NFL Top 100 of 2018

adeltaY

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1008876095913930752[/tweet]

Seems legit. Probably overrated, but the players tend to do that for star QBs and the league does in general. Glad to see him get a lot of respect, I think the players took into account how difficult of a situation he was in last season.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":3jtyqtkv said:
Like Wagner before him, disrespected.

Eh, I actually don't think so. Wagner is better at his position than Wilson is at his, but QB is a more valuable position. I'd imagine the top 10 is some ranking of Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Aaron Rodgers, Von Miller, and Brees. I'd have a tough time putting Wilson over any of those guys except Rodgers due to injury (talent-wise, no) and Wentz.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3smicwx2 said:
What QBs are left? Brees, Rodgers, and Brady? Seems about right. Keuchly that far above Wags is criminal, though.

There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":v3qhtbi2 said:
Steve2222":v3qhtbi2 said:
Like Wagner before him, disrespected.

Eh, I actually don't think so. Wagner is better at his position than Wilson is at his, but QB is a more valuable position. I'd imagine the top 10 is some ranking of Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Aaron Rodgers, Von Miller, and Brees. I'd have a tough time putting Wilson over any of those guys except Rodgers due to injury (talent-wise, no) and Wentz.

Pretty sure every GM would take a QB of Wilson's caliber over any Non-QB positional player. And comparing MLB to QB is silly. Of course Wagner is better at MLB than Wilson is to QB. QB is also an incredibly more difficult position.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Luke Kuechly is on his last concussion. One more visit to the protocol, and he will retire. Wagner is simply a better player anyway, and he can still mix it up between the tackles on running plays.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Steve2222":1doqu4h2 said:
Trrrroy":1doqu4h2 said:

There's four more left. Pretty sure it's Wentz. And Russell should be in front of Rodgers, Brees, and Wentz. Rodgers played what 7 games last year?
Yep can't see how he is this high, but the players voted on it I guess.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm fine with Rodgers being ahead of him but Wentz? Child Please!

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Steve2222":oa9es6cb said:
Trrrroy":oa9es6cb said:

Whaaaaaat? Wentz? That's a joke.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Trrrroy":g9rlp911 said:
Steve2222":g9rlp911 said:
Trrrroy":g9rlp911 said:

Whaaaaaat? Wentz? That's a joke.
I wouldn't say that if you looked at his numbers compared to Wilson playing 3 less games. Still it's not about stats though it's voted on by the players.

Something I DON'T understand though (Nothing to do with the top 100) is how in the HELL Wilson wasn't the front runner for league MVP. If there was ever a player last year that was the most valuable player to their team he was IT. They probably don't win 6 games without him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Was hoping Russ was top 10 but I guess 11 ain't bad considering he pretty much shouldered the weight of the team.

Had this team finished with a better record and made playoffs, Russ, may have been top 5.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am torn because 11th out of how many NFL players is not disrespect per se. However, there is no way in Hell you can convince me that Russell Wilson is not one of the top 5 players in the entire league. At the very least he should have definitely been top 10. Meh. Whatever.

Come to think of it, Baldwin at 99 is a joke. #justsayin

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1s6q505w said:
Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".

I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.

impopo

Reaction score
Best 2017 4th quarter QBR 134.1 with one of the worst OL in the league. An individual with high integrity. We are damn lucky to have him. Overrated??

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aros":5js1dqow said:
Mistashoesta":5js1dqow said:
Interviewer: "Who's the #1 player in the league this year?"

Tyrann Mathieu: "To me? It's Russell Wilson".

I have noticed over the years that Tyrann has always been very complimentary towards us. Would love to see that dude wearing blue and green.
I wanted Tyrann when he entered the league (I may have been a minority that wanted to draft him) but it just didn't happen!

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
impopo":2n3mzp0j said:
Best 2017 4th quarter QBR 134.1 with one of the worst OL in the league. An individual with high integrity. We are damn lucky to have him. Overrated??
I get that, but you kinda have to count the other three quarters. STILL think he should have been league MVP though.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Woah settle down yall. Top five? Top five most valuable absolutely, but the list ranks how good the players are. If it was based on value the top 16 (at least) would all be QBs. Philip Rivers is more valuable than Von Miller, but Miller is a much better player.

I love Russ and have argued avidly that we should re sign him at whatever cost, but he's not top 5 player in this league YET. I 100% believe it is possible.

And yes I believe Wagner is a better player than Wilson. Wagner is either the best or second best MLB in the league and has three first team all pros, Wilson is #3 to #7 depending on who you ask and has none. Wilson has clear weaknesses in his game while Wagner has none I can think of. Wilson is still more important than Wagner by positional value.