Scot Mccloughan on his pick for ROY

original poster

Reaction score
You couldn't ask for more!

I am genuinely excited about the prospect of Penny and Carson and I haven't been excited about our RB corps in a good few years.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting that the national media hasn’t picked this story up. Perhaps it doesn’t fit their Seahawk are a declining team agenda so it will be ignored?

How great would it be if this prediction was true and Carson joined Penny in a 1-2 punch you in the face running attack. Am curious to see how Penny will be used and how he will fit with Carson.

For us with a return to normal run blocking it would be a wonderful thing to see a season where our RBs stay exceptionally healthy.

Am excited to see what happens with the running attack this year.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, given that the staff is emphasizing the run going forward, the kid has a chance to rack up some impressive stats.

Could it happen up here in Far Egypt? I guess we'll see.

:2thumbs:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nerfj5v said:
No doubt, that could be a hell of a one two punch.

Listening to everyone that attended camp this year, Carson was the star of the show. This is way exciting.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2y3b6jgp said:
SoulfishHawk":2y3b6jgp said:
No doubt, that could be a hell of a one two punch.

Listening to everyone that attended camp this year, Carson was the star of the show. This is way exciting.

Hype. The flippin pads weren't on yet, and we heard the same hype about Lacey last year. I think Carson and Penny will be a solid 1-2 punch, and I think Penny will take over by mid season myself. But one thing I know for certain. There are no "star RB's" in mini camp when you cannot even tackle the runner and guys are not hitting yet. :roll:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
An overlooked factor about Penny is that he's never missed a practice, let alone a game. Carson has had an injury filled career so far, especially when in college, but hopefully he can stay healthy and contribute for more than 4 games this year.

If the Seahawks are serious about getting back to a smash mouth running team, both Penny & Carson will be needed throughout the coming season. It's a big question if Carson can stay healthy or not, but in any regard, IMO-Penny is the real deal and will show a lot of media folks that they don't know what the heck they are talking about. OROTY is coming.
:smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
Penny will need a Curt Warner type debut, and then make people look silly. We are back to being Egypt in the NFL because all our mouthpieces that stirred the pot are no longer here. The next best thing is for Mediots to choke on their microphones when we're playing by not being able to contain what they are observing in a good way.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Chris,

I disagree with you on that assessment.

While I think that Penny will be fantastic here, he would not have to be in order to get ROY.

If he turns our run game even average, he is going to get accolades for being the reason why. Remember our run game was almost non-existent last year.

For the same reason that a coach gets accolades for turning a 2 win season into a 7 win season, Penny will get a lot of credit for even pretty good production considering how bad our run game was. It is the difference in production that is going to get him a lot of credit.

If another player puts together better numbers that are still close to his numbers here, Penny would get the nod just because of how bad the run game was last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nezv1u1 said:
Chris,

While I think that Penny will be fantastic here, he would not have to be in order to get ROY.

If he turns our run game even average, he is going to get accolades for being the reason why. Remember our run game was almost non-existent last year.

For the same reason that a coach gets accolades for turning a 2 win season into a 7 win season, Penny will get a lot of credit for even pretty good production considering how bad our run game was. It is the difference in production that is going to get him a lot of credit.

If another player puts together better numbers that are still close to his numbers here, Penny would get the nod just because of how bad the run game was last year.

Not in Seattle, in Dallas maybe or even Los Angeles, not here, we seen Wags get snubbed for DROY already, with better numbers. Schneider snubbed EOTY, Carroll COTY when he turned us around and was brutalizing the league. They are already bashing us, I expect accolades for Guice out of the gate, the fact nobody really even mentioned Penny during the draft is another indicator..

Not right, not fair but what you deal with as a Seahawks fan.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
chris98251":2e8s5cse said:
TwistedHusky":2e8s5cse said:
Chris,

Not in Seattle, in Dallas maybe or even Los Angeles, not here, we seen Wags get snubbed for DROY already, with better numbers. Schneider snubbed EOTY, Carroll COTY when he turned us around and was brutalizing the league. They are already bashing us, I expect accolades for Guice out of the gate, the fact nobody really even mentioned Penny during the draft is another indicator..

Not right, not fair but what you deal with as a Seahawks fan.

Gospel.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well I'm hoping that I cant choose who I like better. Carson, Penny, Prosise, McKisssic and Davis.

Feel like I'm disrespecting Davis but I hope he does well. Very thankful for what he has done for our team and he is hard to root against. I hate that he might disappear from our roster yet he proved his worth.

You want to be our next Chris Warren, by all means, step up.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
I truly hope he is correct. Because if he is that means we are winning a lot of games.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I think Penny is going to need some time to adjust to this level, and I don't believe that's a bad thing. At SDSU, he saw a lot of really wide running lanes. He's not as physically developed as he will be a year from now. Improving his body is now his full-time job. Fortunately, Chris Carson looks amazing. C.J. Prosise and Mike Davis also look great. Carson gives them a physical, bell-cow back with excellent vision. They don't need to put stress on the rookie. He can return some kicks, play a change of pace role, catch passes out of the backield, and split carries with the more experienced, physically developed guys. It's actually a great situation for him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":31scn9wl said:
hawknation2018":31scn9wl said:
I think Penny is going to need some time to adjust to this level, and I don't believe that's a bad thing. At SDSU, he saw a lot of really wide running lanes. He's not as physically developed as he will be a year from now. Improving his body is now his full-time job. Fortunately, Chris Carson looks amazing. C.J. Prosise and Mike Davis also look great. Carson gives them a physical, bell-cow back with excellent vision. They don't need to put stress on the rookie. He can return some kicks, play a change of pace role, catch passes out of the backield, and split carries with the more experienced, physically developed guys. It's actually a great situation for him.

If the criteria for "bell cow back" is lasting only 4 games in a 16 game season and amassing 200 yards with 1 touchdown, then your expectations are low indeed. We'll check in 8 games through the season and see where Penny is, ok? Using the above criteria, I figure if he has 600 yards and 6 touchdowns, you'll be wanting to fit him for a gold jacket. ;)

I never said he was a bell cow last year; he got hurt. But that was the potential Carson showed before his injury. If he gets hurt again, then yeah, he won't be the bell cow.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's not like Carson sprained a labia and sat out games because he felt like it. The guy had bones broken in a seriously ugly tackle. It was a legit injury that would have had the same result to anyone in that position. Let's lose the "injury prone" tag for Carson please.