Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Coach Solari Mic'd Up

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Coach Solari Mic'd Up
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 am

• Does Solari remind anyone else of R. Lee Ermey?

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Re: Coach Solari Mic'd Up
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:24 am
  • “It’s just a different attitude, different perspective on things,” Britt said. “He’s been around football for a long time, he’s done what he’s doing for a long time. He’s definitely got different experience, different tactics on how he coaches, and it’s been great. Our room is younger, with the exception of Duane and D.J. Our room is on the younger side, so to have someone like coach Solari come in and be real repetitive on how he does things and how he teaches the technique, I think he has done a really good job bringing us along. I don’t think there’s a lot of guys who are out there feeling lost. I think they’re feeling prepared and ready to go.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... ut-in-2018
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 am
  • Duane Brown must love working with this guy, if he can get this unit to just average the offense should look normal again. Really excited to see how the running game changes this year with Carson, Penny, and Prosise/Mckissic.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 am
  • I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

Jac
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:

Does Solari remind anyone else of R. Lee Ermey?

Which lineman word be Pvt Pyle?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:57 pm
  • To those of you who go to TC, please report back here if Solari continues to be this "upbeat".
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm
  • After watching both videos, one thing is very clear. Solari and Cable seem to have two very different coaching styles
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:After watching both videos, one thing is very clear. Solari and Cable seem to have two very different coaching styles

One that works and one that doesn't? :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 pm
  • The balance that Solari was talking about is a very important part of line play. Too many times Seahawks Olinemen where attempting to block a guy standing on one leg because they lost their balance point. It seems simple but it is very hard to do. All of your power on the football field comes from you keeping your feet planted.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Jac wrote:I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

I heard awhile back Duane Brown commenting on the difference in coaching between the two.

He said Solari is focused on technique, the little stuff.

I believe he said Cable is a bigger picture guy, why they are doing what they are doing. X's and O's I guess.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:37 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Jac wrote:I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

I heard awhile back Duane Brown commenting on the difference in coaching between the two.

I believe he said Cable is a bigger picture guy, why they are doing what they are doing. X's and O's I guess.

Hmmm... I would say that linemen should be more worried about how to do something before they worry about why. We'll see what happens.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Jac wrote:I was curious how this compared against last year's coaching. I don't know how to embed video, though. Acknowledging that these are obviously minuscule sample sizes, there just seems to be so much more emphasis on the small technique details (as has been documented at length). I've not played football (or offensive line) so who knows.

Hmmm... I would say that linemen should be more worried about how to do something before they worry about why. We'll see what happens.

Yeah no kidding, I would argue that everything you want to do well you should focus on technique first. Technique is fundamentals, fundamentals are everything.

On top of that, Cable would recruit fresh prospects with no experience and then focus on the X's and O's?! If true that just seems crazy to me. No wonder he failed.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 am
  • Yes that and by the time he was able to coach any of them up their contract was up and it was time for them to move on to another team. Amazing that anyone could see success coming from such a system.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:52 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Yes that and by the time he was able to coach any of them up their contract was up and it was time for them to move on to another team. Amazing that anyone could see success coming from such a system.

He never coached anyone up. They would only improve once they started working for another line coach. Good teams are built with 3-7th rounders on the Oline. The key to that plan is having an Oline coach you can identify and coach players Cable could do nither.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 am
  • I wouldn't say he never coached anyone up. He coached up atleast one project guard that I'm aware of.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am
  • X's and O's, but nothing like, "Don't throw yourself on the ground after the snap"?

I think it's telling that Solari was teaching them proper technique - put your hand here, not here. Whereas Cable tells Hunt he can't expect good technique at this level.

Also, I think Solari is really in touch with his young players priorities. "Where's the hoes? Where's the hoes? Where's the hoes!?" :sarcasm_off:
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information