Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kam?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Kam?
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:55 pm
  • What's the latest word on Kam?
    DSM
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Kam?
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 pm
  • Was in Paris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm
  • There’s unfortunately no new news.

Doubt we know until camp starts, and then it may still be no news or bad news.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:08 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:There’s unfortunately no new news.

Doubt we know until camp starts, and then it may still be no news or bad news.

He done. McDougald has been basically talking about him in the past tense. He's lost a lot of weight. I'm not sure what the contract situation is. If he retires now, he can't get his guaranteed money for this season? My guess is something involved with that process is delaying the news.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:05 pm
  • I love Kam like most of you do but there is no way he is coming back. Remember that photo someone posted a month or so back showing what he looked like a few years ago (in his prime) versus what he looks like now?

Yeah, he's done. A true warrior who gave his all to this team but unfortunately his style of play prohibits him continuing in that capacity based on his neck injury.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 pm
  • He has (or had) a scan this month which should determine if he can play or not.

I suspect it's all just part of the process so he can continue getting paid, though.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:05 am
  • He's guaranteed to get paid, per the contract, right? I suspect it is more of a "no sense in deciding until he actually needs to decide" and that won't come until this season is over. I'm sure he's not playing this season so we'll know more in February maybe.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 am
  • HawkGA wrote:He's guaranteed to get paid, per the contract, right? I suspect it is more of a "no sense in deciding until he actually needs to decide" and that won't come until this season is over. I'm sure he's not playing this season so we'll know more in February maybe.

He won’t get paid if he site out. There is a certain number of games he can sit before the whole year would be deemed forfeited and not counted (ie he would need to play the year after instead)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 am
  • mikeak wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:He's guaranteed to get paid, per the contract, right? I suspect it is more of a "no sense in deciding until he actually needs to decide" and that won't come until this season is over. I'm sure he's not playing this season so we'll know more in February maybe.

He won’t get paid if he site out. There is a certain number of games he can sit before the whole year would be deemed forfeited and not counted (ie he would need to play the year after instead)

My understanding is Kam's contract contains injury guarantees. If he was on a hold out this would be correct as in Earl's case. Earl holding out can not only toll his year but get him fined and lose game checks. Kam is going to get paid for the year unless they injury settle or he decides to retire and give up millions. (not likely)
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 am
  • I just assume Malik and Kam are done at this point.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 pm
  • homerun1970 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:He's guaranteed to get paid, per the contract, right? I suspect it is more of a "no sense in deciding until he actually needs to decide" and that won't come until this season is over. I'm sure he's not playing this season so we'll know more in February maybe.

My understanding is Kam's contract contains injury guarantees. If he was on a hold out this would be correct as in Earl's case. Earl holding out can not only toll his year but get him fined and lose game checks. Kam is going to get paid for the year unless they injury settle or he decides to retire and give up millions. (not likely)

Or if he gets medically cleared and decides not to play . . . but that's quite unlikely.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 pm
  • mikeak wrote:

Yes he does. His contract has a SHITLOAD of guarantees plus massive injury guarantees. Dude is getting paid regardless. He's going to be a huge cap hit this year and next year without ever playing another snap.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:51 pm
  • King Dog wrote:I just assume Malik and Kam are done at this point.

I believe you assume correct.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:33 pm
  • If you have seen Kam recently, you can tell he lost weight/muscle.

It's a telling sign, he is not able to play, otherwise why would he drop much needed mass?
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:If you have seen Kam recently, you can tell he lost weight/muscle.

It's a telling sign, he is not able to play, otherwise why would he drop much needed mass?

Because he is unable to work out lifting and everything requires straining your neck muscles etc.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:01 pm
  • mikeak wrote:

I actually went and looked it up and it's even worse than I thought. If he gets cut, they actually owe him MORE money than his current dead money cap hit because acceleration of all the guaranteed money.

It costs an extra $5 million against the cap to cut him right now. Holy cow was his extension a huge mistake.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 am
  • Huge mistake? Sure, if you look at it after the fact. So was the trade for Richardson, and the FA signing of Joeckel. In the end you can’t predict the type of injury Kam suffered. Yes, it sucks when both the player and the team would want him to still play.

All this does for me is point out how difficult it is to be an NFL GM and to keep a competitive team together. Forget the personalities and pot stirring types like Sherman, just keeping a healthy group of guys you truly want to keep is tough enough. Those injuries to Kam and Cliff Avril were freak injuries and unfortunate you know the team would probably want both on the field rather than having to deal with payouts on guarantees in contracts or injury payouts. Both players will be missed but NFL careers are short and the new guys will soon make Kam a memory unless his recovery is miraculous. I will miss him.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:59 am
  • Aros wrote:
    King Dog wrote:I just assume Malik and Kam are done at this point.

I believe you assume correct.

Well, there is one possibility I haven't seen floated around at this point, and that would be IR. On IR, they could obviously bring him back later in the season, if he can play. That is, seeing how they will be paying him, anyway. Pretty sure on IR, he wouldn't go against the 53, right?
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information