Jalen Ramsey Says Wilson Is The Toughest QB To Face

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching the reaction show to the Top 100 on NFL Network. Ramsey made no bones about it. Russell Wilson is the QB he fears the most. That is all.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hell yeah! As far as the regular season went, no one lit up that Jags D for deep TDs more than Wilson (picks nonwithstanding ;))

Aros, I'm trying to find the clip. Was it during this segment? [youtube]ImDrFy5Z_dg[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And this is coming from a guy who isn't lacking in confidence, at all.........
Fans can say what they want, and that's cool, but I trust what the players say about a guy a lot more. They are out there battling against this guy, and it's clear he's respected around the league as one of the best.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
adeltaY":3kkksrr5 said:
Hell yeah! As far as the regular season went, no one lit up that Jags D for deep TDs more than Wilson (picks nonwithstanding ;))

Aros, I'm trying to find the clip. Was it during this segment? [youtube]ImDrFy5Z_dg[/youtube]

LIstened to it while I worked and didn't hear Ramsey talk about Wilson in it, but at 21:10 they talk about how Wilson should have been MVP.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
adeltaY":2820twjq said:

Sorry bro, I can't remember where or when it was...I just recall him saying it...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3f3mjyhe said:
And this is coming from a guy who isn't lacking in confidence, at all.........
Fans can say what they want, and that's cool, but I trust what the players say about a guy a lot more. They are out there battling against this guy, and it's clear he's respected around the league as one of the best.

On Good Morning Football today they were talking about who was snubbed out of the Top 10 for the Top 100 Players list and Reggie Bush said Wilson and listed a host of obvious reasons why. I am still baffled that someone who comprised, what, like 90 percent of their offense for the entire year doesn't make the Top 10. He called him the Lebron James of the NFL.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
But yeah, let's trade him. :stirthepot:

D

DomeHawk

From someone who played OLB almost my entire football career, he looks like a nightmare.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Any other QB behind the line we've had for the last year, and we would be going into 2018 with Mahomes or Mayfield at QB

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":299mxuhr said:
Watching the reaction show to the Top 100 on NFL Network. Ramsey made no bones about it. Russell Wilson is the QB he fears the most. That is all.

Impossible! According to Bundy, Brees has outplayed him every single season of his existence. (Of course people like that magically erase every single rushing yard Wilson gains because that is not a "real QB stat".) :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2s7mh4rv said:
And they had Wentz at 3. That is hilarious.

Wentz doesn't even sound elite. Sounds more like something that happened to your pants after you saw DJ Fluker bearing down on you. :mrgreen:

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":3fpthvuu said:

Homey Badger says the same thing many times....but what the hell do these guys know.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":fprqd8bs said:
Homey Badger says the same thing many times....but what the hell do these guys know.

I know, right? Only some of the best football players on the planet. Why should we take their word for it? Personally I believe the opinion of that dude sitting in his parent's basement playing video games all day thinking Wilson needs to be traded. Now THAT guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to Russell Wilson!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mh450lw said:
And they had Wentz at 3. That is hilarious.
So much talent around him that his supporting cast made his back up a Super Bowl MVP!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2pu176pi said:
Any other QB other than Russ behind our terrible line the last few seasons, and we would have been lucky to win 5 games.
Doubt this statement. Russ, while one of the best QBs in the NFL (top 3) does not do his OL any favors. It's very hard for pass protectors to know where he is and adjust to his mad scrambler style. It makes for some fantastic plays, and some really cringe worth plays just the same. The way he approaches the game is unique.

That being said I think a field general style of QB in the vein of a Brady, or younger Brees would be successful behind this line. These guys may not be mobile, but they really know how to game the defense. They're absolute masters at the LOS and they are very good at setting up blocks for their blockers. They use subtle moves to avoid pass rushers that are very effective, and they tend to hold the ball for much less time than Russ does. Would they go through their struggles? Absolutely, but I'm not so sold on the statement that "no QB over the last few seasons" could win more than five games.

Russ's greatest strength is also a big weakness for him. He knows that he can extend the play, so even if there is a clear checkdown he tries to play what some Seahawks fans like to call "hero ball". This is one of the factors that leads to to his inconsistent play throughout the game. I find when the game is on the line that he is much more decisive and quick about his decision making. Unfortunately Pete has encouraged this style of play, which has held Russ back as a passer. When Russ was at his best (2015) he was decisive, and combining all of the elements of traditional QB play with his unique scrambling abilities. His decisions were quicker, and when he needed to he could game the defenses with his mobility.

I think if Pete wants to win another SuperBowl he needs to build around RUss, and put him in a position to succeed. Don't think we're going to accomplish it like we did the first time.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":28z42q55 said:
FlyingGreg":28z42q55 said:
Any other QB other than Russ behind our terrible line the last few seasons, and we would have been lucky to win 5 games.
Doubt this statement. Russ, while one of the best QBs in the NFL (top 3) does not do his OL any favors. It's very hard for pass protectors to know where he is and adjust to his mad scrambler style. It makes for some fantastic plays, and some really cringe worth plays just the same. The way he approaches the game is unique.

At times that is no doubt true. BUT.....far more often the exact opposite is true, and because of that any play he makes under turnstile condition Russ does his team and oline plenty of favors.

Who can even blame him for bailing with Tom Cable "having his back"???

Read it AGAIN please! (pass protection)

Attachments

• Cable-Ranking.jpg
    Cable-Ranking.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 857

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3pmzynq1 said:
FlyingGreg":3pmzynq1 said:

That being said I think a field general style of QB in the vein of a Brady, or younger Brees would be successful behind this line. These guys may not be mobile, but they really know how to game the defense. They're absolute masters at the LOS and they are very good at setting up blocks for their blockers. They use subtle moves to avoid pass rushers that are very effective, and they tend to hold the ball for much less time than Russ does. Would they go through their struggles? Absolutely, but I'm not so sold on the statement that "no QB over the last few seasons" could win more than five games.

Russ's greatest strength is also a big weakness for him. He knows that he can extend the play, so even if there is a clear checkdown he tries to play what some Seahawks fans like to call "hero ball". This is one of the factors that leads to to his inconsistent play throughout the game. I find when the game is on the line that he is much more decisive and quick about his decision making. Unfortunately Pete has encouraged this style of play, which has held Russ back as a passer. When Russ was at his best (2015) he was decisive, and combining all of the elements of traditional QB play with his unique scrambling abilities. His decisions were quicker, and when he needed to he could game the defenses with his mobility.

I think if Pete wants to win another SuperBowl he needs to build around RUss, and put him in a position to succeed. Don't think we're going to accomplish it like we did the first time.
The Spin has spoken..
Nice post but thinking of 2015,I wonder if that is going to stay past tense
or can he do it again?That version I admit excited me but damn not the
version after.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Aros":1w9lnmdt said:
adeltaY":1w9lnmdt said:

Sorry bro, I can't remember where or when it was...I just recall him saying it...

Ah it was a different segment with Kurt Warner. Can't find the whole thing, but NFL.com has a few clips, including one where Jalen said Jimmy G shouldn't have been on the list. :mrgreen: