Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Michael Robinson Says 49ers Will Sweep The Hawks In 2018

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • As we continue the "Nothing To Talk About" portion of the year, I submit Michael Robinson, on NFL Network, predicting the 49ers record game-by-game and lo and behold he has the Hawks losing both games. Say whaa?

    I guess the Jimmy G love runs deep. Even with former Seahawks.

    Come on Mike Rob! :177692:
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 260
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • QuickLightning wrote:Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.


    I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • I wouldnt be surprised this year.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 912
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


  • I don't believe they will win both against us at all, but we will see.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 135
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Aros wrote:As we continue the "Nothing To Talk About" portion of the year, I submit Michael Robinson, on NFL Network, predicting the 49ers record game-by-game and lo and behold he has the Hawks losing both games. Say whaa?

    I guess the Jimmy G love runs deep. Even with former Seahawks.

    Come on Mike Rob! :177692:


    Unfortunately MRob was a former Whiner also. So now we see his true colors come out finally. Sorry Michael.....you just became the latest hater / fool. :pukeface: :3-1:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5079
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Cte sucks.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23888
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • Perhaps he's simply doing this to motivate our guys and light a fire under them.

    You know, reverse phychology
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2471
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • I saw him and David Carr pick the Rams' schedule and they had the Rams sweeping the Niners but splitting with the Hawks. come on, I don't think either will sweep us, but if you had to pick one at this point, it'd be the Rams. Also if the Niners are that good, why would the Rams sweep them but not us? If anything, the Rams have our number and we have the Niners' number and the Niners have the Rams' number. :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2888
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • adeltaY wrote:I saw him and David Carr pick the Rams' schedule and they had the Rams sweeping the Niners but splitting with the Hawks. come on, I don't think either will sweep us, but if you had to pick one at this point, it'd be the Rams. Also if the Niners are that good, why would the Rams sweep them but not us? If anything, the Rams have our number and we have the Niners' number and the Niners have the Rams' number. :mrgreen:


    Yeah, this makes no sense. I was going to say that Robinson is probably basing his picks off of what this team "isn't" versus what this team "is". The big name players that left (or are leaving) this offseason are the guys he played with, so that's what he sees at a surface level. You have to really study this team (frankly, like the folks on this message board) to project how this upcoming season will really play out. But again, the Rams picks aren't necessarily consistent with that either.
    User avatar
    Jac
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 753
    Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am


  • We’ll see Miley, we’ll see.

    Just another talking head talking their empty opinion. sleeping on Seattle has become popular. There will be teams that are better than the talking heads think and teams that will be worse. Mike has lost a lot of his cache since becoming a talking head. It is rarer and rarer for him to say much of anything meaningful anymore, lately it’s just Real Rob rubbish.

    Without seeing any of the teams play a down it’s all speculation and empty time wasting opinion.

    For those here who are gamblers, does anyone know if there are any betting lines on a SF sweep of Seattle in divisional play or is this just slobber Jimmy G’s knobber? The betting lines would offer at least some objective analysis.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5260
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • I saw this segment on Total Access last night and the worst part about his prediction was they go 9-7 and still beat us twice. Not like he picked them to be great more us to be bad.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5079
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • It makes sense. The Hawks lost a lot of big/famous pieces this last year. That's what folks like MRob are focusing in on. It's hard to blame them. Also, MRob as personally connected to folks like Sherm, Avril, Bennett, etc. So I'm sure there's a personal element there.
    User avatar
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5745
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm
    Location: UT


  • nanomoz wrote:It makes sense. The Hawks lost a lot of big/famous pieces this last year. That's what folks like MRob are focusing in on. It's hard to blame them. Also, MRob as personally connected to folks like Sherm, Avril, Bennett, etc. So I'm sure there's a personal element there.



    "Friends forever" works with team sports as well. Untested players have to prove themselves.....period!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7198
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • Aros wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.


    I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?


    He knew the older Seahawks. He hardly knows anything about this current roster. Russ, Earl, Kam, Doug, Bobby, KJ, Jon Ryan, B Max. That's about it. Everyone else he played with is gone.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9291
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


  • The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

    Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

    A team where the following was true last year:

    No run game

    One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

    A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

    An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.


    Now add:

    The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

    A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

    A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

    A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.


    Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? Certainly, I can see how we can beat the 49ers but it isn't crazy at all for us to drop a game or both against them. Certainly wouldn't shock me to lose twice to a Rams team that SHELLED us and literally made a laughingstock of us at home. And that Rams team got better. And losing twice to the 49ers wouldn't be crazy at all (though it would suck).
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3176
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

    Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

    A team where the following was true last year:

    No run game

    One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

    A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

    An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.


    Now add:

    The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

    A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

    A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

    A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.


    Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? Certainly, I can see how we can beat the 49ers but it isn't crazy at all for us to drop a game or both against them. Certainly wouldn't shock me to lose twice to a Rams team that SHELLED us and literally made a laughingstock of us at home. And that Rams team got better. And losing twice to the 49ers wouldn't be crazy at all (though it would suck).


    Don't forget, Arizona has our number at C Link, too. Of course we have theirs at their house.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9291
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


  • The other thing is when we play the 49ers.

    That Chargers, Rams, Packers, Panthers stretch is going to be brutal.

    We could conceivably lose 3 of 4 of those games (Panthers more because of that 10am issue). That leaves the 49ers game coming up either a way to put the pieces back together because of a string of losses OR the team falling apart because of those losses. (I think we win that one though because at home and a night game but...)

    Then the team would have to play the Vikings - who at the tail of the year are probably motivated to still fight for playoff position. If we lose that, the doors fall off and the 49ers beating us the next week in their house becomes very likely.

    It wouldn't be crazy. And yes, if they did lose that 1st 49ers game they would almost assuredly lose that 2nd one. So a sweep would not at all be an unreasonable prediction. Evaluating it in context, that stretch is going to be a rough one.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3176
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Look at it this way, our guys are going to be forged in fire this year, if they get it and things click next year we should be able to challenge anyone.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24368
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Whiners haven't won a game in Seattle since Jim Harbaugh's first year in San Francisco. Whatever.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4088
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


  • This is likely Robinson's attempt at being perceived as "neutral."
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1952
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • I'm not mad at anyone predicting us to miss the playoffs, I just don't think we'll get swept by any team tbh, except maybe the Rams. Even garbage teams have a fighting chance against good division rivals.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2888
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Let em predict whatever they want, means squat. I see a split, win here lose there. Meh
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9769
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I'm just going to echo what most are saying. The team gutted its core players leaving it with a bunch of untested, inexperienced and cast offs players.

    I didn't see the Total Access segment so did he mention sources? The Ian Rapaports, the Adam Schefters always start their segment with a source. It would have been cool if he said, I spoke with several players after OTAs and...

    If not, he's just going with the standard, 30000 ft look and sticking with the what most are saying.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 721
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 pm


  • They are not going to get swept by the 39ers :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9769
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • People tend to fall in love with potential and lose sight of actual performance. Last year, the 49ers were a 6-10 team. Until they actually put together a winning campaign, they are a below average team with "potential".
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 708
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm


  • [quote="TwistedHusky"]The umbrage about this confuses me. There was another thread about people not picking the Hawks as a threat to the SB.

    Think about this from the perspective of a person that is not a fan, just an objective observer that is seeing an NFL they have no connection with.

    A team where the following was true last year:

    No run game

    One of the worst offensive lines in NFL

    A QB that rarely scores more than a single TD in the first half of each game.

    An offense so bad even a good % the team's own fans did not watch the first halves of games.


    Now add:

    The dismantling of the defense that was the team's strength, primarily of the DL and secondary.

    A loss of 2 of the top 3 key TD receiving threats

    A key division foe that normally this team struggles with, suddenly getting better at the very things that were the weaknesses of this foe (ie the secondary)

    A key out of division obstacle (Green Bay) suddenly getting better and only being as bad last year because their starting QB was hurt.


    Who in their right mind picks the above team to be much of a threat period? Much less a SB? /quote]

    Incomplete picture. That team last year went 9-7 and was largely undone by a bad kicker situation. This year they've lost some pieces, but they've also gained most likely a functional running game and some improvement on the OL. Marginal improvement, at least.

    So I would think this year's Hawks would get the benefit of a doubt. Earl Thomas is the wild card.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15765
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • I don't think it is an issue with the 49ers being 'better' than us. Just when we play them.

    That stretch of other teams is going to determine it for the Hawks.

    If the Hawks run through that stretch with only one or two losses? At a minimum, they become a Dark Horse SB favorite because they would have taken bites out of some of the other contenders along the way. (Rams, Packers, Vikings)

    But it is just as conceivable that if they lose that first 49ers game after being beaten down during that stretch - the 2nd 49ers game in SF (or wherever they play now) might be a bit of a snowball effect.

    We don't know because we have no idea what the offense or defense is even going to look like. Top 10 or Bottom 10 or something else.

    What we do know is that we have issues with the Chargers and they are getting picked as a Dark Horse SB option now. They are good. We know the Rams are challenging to us even when they suck and they got better at the very things we used to take advantage of to keep the games close. The Packers are better. Maybe the Vikings are a ? but I think they are a playoff team. And that Panthers game is one of those dreaded 10 am EC games we tend to slip occasionally at.

    It isn't likely that we lose both games to the 49ers but it certainly is not improbable given the above. I can see where someone looking at the schedule and where those games fall could see where it could create a domino effect.

    But again, the pundits have the same problem we have. Will we have a dynamic offense? No idea. A shutdown defense? Nobody knows.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3176
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Aros wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:Seahawks are rebuilding. Shouldn't be a surprise people think they will lose a lot.


    I would expect better from someone who played in the NFL and knows this team. Split the series? Sure. Flat out get swept? Come on Mike Rob! Why the haterade?

    Cause all his former teammates are almost gone? Just a guess.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4466
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:This is likely Robinson's attempt at being perceived as "neutral."


    Mike Rob's never tried to be anything but genuine, I don't think he's "attempting" to do anything.

    It's his opinion, and it's not like he's alone in thinking the Hawks are in for a tough year in their division. The Niners are a good young team that have loaded their roster with great young players through the draft and trades.

    So not much to argue with. Personally I think we split, but I could definitely see us struggling in 2018 as well, and that means maybe getting swept by the Niners if their young talent pops.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13065
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • I take back everything I said about ya Mike... :lol:
    Attachments
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg (227.06 KiB) Viewed 719 times
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Aros wrote:I take back everything I said about ya Mike... :lol:


    So 1-1 vs. the Whiners?
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1952
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:This is likely Robinson's attempt at being perceived as "neutral."


    Mike Rob's never tried to be anything but genuine, I don't think he's "attempting" to do anything.

    It's his opinion, and it's not like he's alone in thinking the Hawks are in for a tough year in their division. The Niners are a good young team that have loaded their roster with great young players through the draft and trades.

    So not much to argue with. Personally I think we split, but I could definitely see us struggling in 2018 as well, and that means maybe getting swept by the Niners if their young talent pops.


    Every sports reporter has an obligation to attempt to be objective.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1952
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Aros wrote:I take back everything I said about ya Mike... :lol:


    So 1-1 vs. the Whiners?


    Mike predicted the first half of the season and David Carr the second half. Mike had us at 5-3 for the first half. Carr had us splitting with the 49ers.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • pittpnthrs wrote:I wouldnt be surprised this year.

    Yeah, the 9rs have grown leaps & bounds over last season, while the Seahawks have regressed??......NOT!!!
    Hope you're no SERIOUSLY buying this crap Pitt. :177692:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6445
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:This is likely Robinson's attempt at being perceived as "neutral."


    Mike Rob's never tried to be anything but genuine, I don't think he's "attempting" to do anything.

    It's his opinion, and it's not like he's alone in thinking the Hawks are in for a tough year in their division. The Niners are a good young team that have loaded their roster with great young players through the draft and trades.

    So not much to argue with. Personally I think we split, but I could definitely see us struggling in 2018 as well, and that means maybe getting swept by the Niners if their young talent pops.


    And what if the Seahawks "Young Talent Pops"??
    It's beginning to look like some folks around here actually believe that Pete & Co. have only made lateral, or downward moves this off-season, while everyone else in the NFC & NFL have loaded for bear.....I for one ain't ready to concede a single game....."On Any Given Sunday" :rumble:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6445
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:I wouldnt be surprised this year.

    Yeah, the 9rs have grown leaps & bounds over last season, while the Seahawks have regressed??......NOT!!!
    Hope you're no SERIOUSLY buying this crap Pitt. :177692:


    Not counting the draft, 49ers got better on paper over last year. Upgraded at RB, Center, and CB with the Sherman signing. I don't know anyone of value they really lost outside of Hyde, who isn't a fit for Shanahan's offense.

    Seahawks lost a ton of their starters and key role players on both sides of the ball.

    Counting the draft. 49ers have a couple guys immediately taking snaps (Fred Warner and that RT both appear to be trending towards starters day 1) with their 1s. Which is easier for them since they had less talent overall before free agency, but still...

    Seahawks 1st round RB isn't even getting snaps with their 1s. That's a bad sign for a 1st round RB, which is the easiest position to translate from college to the NFL.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 260
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:I wouldnt be surprised this year.

    Yeah, the 9rs have grown leaps & bounds over last season, while the Seahawks have regressed??......NOT!!!


    Once again, we lost a lot of talent and replaced it with less. Team seems to be dedicated in trying to run the ball this year, but we have unproven RB's and our Oline sucks. Its still a mystery as to how the D is going to produce some type of pass rush. The secondary,,,,,? Theres the kicker who didn't even play last season and couldn't kick long FG's the season before. Glad we got rid of the previous coordinators, but the ones who replaced them aren't exactly known to be world beaters.

    Yeah, I could easily see the Niners sweeping us this season. Probably wont, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they do.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 912
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


  • Thing is, it's difficult for the Niners not to get better and it was always going to be difficult for us to maintain our level of greatness.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2888
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • QuickLightning wrote:Seahawks are rebuilding.


    True, but even as a 9ers fan I find it perplexing that people are acting like the 9ers aren’t rebuilding too. Every year there’s a team that people think will turn the corner and then doesn’t. Last year it was the Bucs and the year before t was the Titans. The 9ers are that team next year. They’re just not there yet. I think they’ll be lucky to go .500

    I think they’ll either lose both to the Hawks or split with them, but I don’t see them winning both. The Hawks aren’t nearly bad enough yet and the 9ers aren’t nearly good enough yet to make that prediction as anything but a fluke. If the Hawks are dumb enough to trade ET3 we can maybe start talking about that, but right now, no way.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4816
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • All depends on just how much fixing Solari can do with our OL. That Denver pass rush will be ferocious and if we lose Russell Wilson... well who’s our back up ... and our back up’s back up? I don’t see any wins without Russell Wilson back there.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4104
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • If we lose Wilson our season is over, period. But that goes for every other team with a franchise QB. I am hoping Solari turns the OL into an average line which I think he will. And if he does that? I like our chances. 10-6 feels right to me.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12414
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Exactly, you could say that about most teams with a top tier QB. Look at the Packers w/out Rodgers. Same thing would happen here.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9769
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Exactly, you could say that about most teams with a top tier QB. Look at the Packers w/out Rodgers. Same thing would happen here.


    Except the difference is that the Hawks didn’t used to be like that, but are much more like that now.

    2012 Seahawks == 2017 Eagles, whereas the 2018 Hawks seem like they might == the 2017 Packers or Patriots (for which QB health ultimately dictated their seasons)
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4816
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • Popeyejones wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Exactly, you could say that about most teams with a top tier QB. Look at the Packers w/out Rodgers. Same thing would happen here.


    Except the difference is that the Hawks didn’t used to be like that, but are much more like that now.

    2012 Seahawks == 2017 Eagles, whereas the 2018 Hawks seem like they might == the 2017 Packers or Patriots (for which QB health ultimately dictated their seasons)


    I think the 2012 Hawks were definitely closer to the 2017 Eagles than they were to the 2017 Hawks, but I really don't think we'd have had the success we did in 2012 with a Nick Foles type QB. I don't think Flynn or TJack were even as good as Foles is tbh. I think we underestimate the impact of young Wilson on those teams. If anything, he did a great job avoiding turnovers and making clutch plays, which I doubt our backups or a regular game manager would have done.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2888
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Aros wrote:If we lose Wilson our season is over, period. But that goes for every other team with a franchise QB. I am hoping Solari turns the OL into an average line which I think he will. And if he does that? I like our chances. 10-6 feels right to me.


    We'll also need a running game as well. If Penny can be the guy we expect, then I believe the offense will be light years better than last year. No more Wilson 500+ yard rushing. Offense won't be as predictable (at least I hope).

    For the defense, I expect top 15, if not top 10 at best. The young guys will step it up.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    Image
    User avatar
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 609
    Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 pm




It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information