Detroit Road Game - Oct 28

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend.

I am likely to drive down from YYZ to see this one. Already have a hotel booked. Was going to fly to London but I suspect ticket prices will be very very high.

Just waiting for a good time to nab some tickets.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":4j84swx0 said:
Anyone planning to attend.

I am likely to drive down from YYZ to see this one. Already have a hotel booked. Was going to fly to London but I suspect ticket prices will be very very high.

Just waiting for a good time to nab some tickets.

Never been there. That may be an option if the tix price is ok and the accomodations are acceptable. I shall have to look into it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I will be going! I will probably take the same party bus we took in 2012.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I'm also considering going to this game with my son. Just trying to decide between party bus from London ON or pick up a pair of tix on stub hub and drive to Detroit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I have family in Toledo which is not far from Detroit..
I may just go to this one and take my boy and make
a Hawks fan out of him yet..
He seems to like the lucky horse shoe if you get
what I mean blah...

OP
OP
YYZHawksFan

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Cool. I'll be driving down. Bad experience with being detained at the border on a bus for the winter classic because some guy could not leave weed at home. I'll not do bus tours again. Hopefully warm fall. Then will probably consider tail gating although booked st the aloft. So pretty close. My corporate rate was pretty decent.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Booked in warrenton. Got all the stuff except a ticket. Plan on finding a tailgate too when I get there. Tally Ho.

Edit....got a ticket too....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Dredging this one back up for a few. Is there anything that I need to be aware of in this fine city? I have searched and found a few places to wet my whistle and be safe somewhat in the area of my motel. Renting a car so I can get to my motel and back to the airport and maybe do some sightseeing on the Monday before my late takeoff. Anyone else with experience I would appreciate it. My motel is on I think a main road back into Detroit proper. VanBuren or something like that. How are the local transportation buses. Also wondering about snow.

Monday flight leaves at 8pm.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2trnbvra said:
Dredging this one back up for a few. Is there anything that I need to be aware of in this fine city? I have searched and found a few places to wet my whistle and be safe somewhat in the area of my motel. Renting a car so I can get to my motel and back to the airport and maybe do some sightseeing on the Monday before my late takeoff. Anyone else with experience I would appreciate it. My motel is on I think a main road back into Detroit proper. VanBuren or something like that. How are the local transportation buses. Also wondering about snow.

Monday flight leaves at 8pm.

I live about an hour south of Detroit in Ohio and have been to Detroit several times. Like Seattle, going anywhere in “bad spots” can lead you to trouble. I have talked to police officers and sought advice on where NOT to go and everyone of them will tell you to stay around Ford Field and Tigers park and you’re just fine. The last time I was there I found some very cool pubs close to the field(s) and had a blast. Some very cool people up there. It’s a very blue collar town that is slowly coming back to life and the area around the parks is cool and you should be just fine. Don’t go too far or be an ass and things will be fine. I’m taking my family and am unconcerned. Hope it helps. Go Hawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It seems that the Seahawks always get stuck playing the Lions in Detroit and Panthers in Carolina during the regular season. Very rarely do those teams ever visit Seattle. Every year, it seems there's a game in Detroit or Charlotte.