Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kam Announces Retirement

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Kam Announces Retirement
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Re: Kam Announces Retirement
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:30 pm
  • Cant read it all but I did post for some 12s on fb.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:33 pm

• Thanks for the memories Bam Bam.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:46 pm
  • Wow..one of my favorite Seahawks in my 35 years of fandom. I can't say I'm surprised, due to the nature of the injury. Wish him nothing but the best, and hope he stays around the game/team in some capacity...but he should focus his attention on his health and life after football now.
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:49 pm
  • Best of luck Kam!
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:49 pm
  • :(

Very sad day, but nothing's more important than your own health, Kam. You were great. Have fun with whatever you decide to do in the future, and thank you for being a part of one of the best damned defenses to ever take the field in the history of football.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:50 pm
  • I'll never forget that interception return against Carolina in the postseason. After the " Run" by beastmode in the 2010 playoffs, I've never seen that place get louder.
    Hawker8989
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:55 pm
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:

It'll be interesting how all that gets played out. Obviously, the team could use all that money back under the cap.

Saying he can't play any more is not quite the same as retiring.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:10 pm
  • This year and next year are guaranteed? Ouch for the cap, but happy for Kam that he won't be risking even more injury. Don't mess with your health.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:13 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:

If memory serves me correctly it costs the team more for him to be cut than sit on the bench and as his salary is guaranteed and he was injured playing for us it makes no sense for him to just walk away from all that cash. My guess here is that the team will come to some financial arrangement that allows him to retire and still get paid.
    With that said I did spoil on him a bit during his holdout but I have always loved what he brought to the team each and every down he was on the field. He’s a unique talent that may never come our way again and for that I’m forever grateful

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:13 pm
  • For a second there, I thought he was going to save us some cap space, LOL.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:16 pm
  • Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:20 pm
  • Thank you, Kam!

You were a top 10 Seahawks all time IMO.

Thank for your services and bringing Seattle it's first SuperBowl!

Will probably go down as the most feared hitter in Seahawks history!

Wish you all the best and great health in your retirement!
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:23 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

We can't do both?
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:We can't do both?

Not if you have any actual perspective on the importance of things that actually matter.
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:26 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

Absolutely nothing wrong with talking about cap space; it’s one of the first things that came to my mind when this was confirmed and I’m sure a lot ignored other fans felt the same.

It’s not a shock is it. This has been inevitable for a while and cap space question mark has been hovering that whole time.
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:29 pm
  • Gibbo wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

Absolutely nothing wrong with talking about cap space; it’s one of the first things that came to my mind when this was confirmed and I’m sure a lot ignored other fans felt the same.

It’s not a shock is it. This has been inevitable for a while and cap space question mark has been hovering that whole time.

We knew Walter Jones was at the end, but when it was the end we didn't discuss cap space. Or maybe we did but if we did we shouldn't have.
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:32 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:We can't do both?

Not if you have any actual perspective on the importance of things that actually matter.

This is a Seahwaks forum, not Kam's dinner table. Wth..
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:42 pm
  • This is about Kam retiring. If you want to talk about the cap implications, start another thread on that subject. And let's not pull this fan card crap either. Either stick to the topic and be civil about it, or the thread will be locked and we can start another one that's within forum guidelines. Either way, it's going to be monitored closely.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:47 pm
  • Anyway, Kam on the goal line against Megatron!

Without a doubt one of my favourite hawks of all time!
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:54 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 pm
  • Dang this sucks, knew it was likely to happen, but still stings. One of my favorite all-time Seahawks. I don't think anyone will ever replicate the intimidation factor he brought onto the field when he played.

Thanks for the great memories Kam and best of luck with your future endeavors! LOB!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm
  • My major concern is if he is alright. It is a little heartbreaking that he is having trouble healing and to be honest I hope Seattle takes care of him. I have no problem with discussing cap but this was not anticipated. Just bad luck. It could have happened to him 5 years ago.

“When the doctors told me what was going on in Nov, I could feel my heart drop to my stomach,” Chancellor wrote. “The stiffness in my neck and the images that I saw had me at one of my lowest points as a Man, because football is all I knew outside of serving the Lord. To walk away from the game by choice is one thing, to walk away from the game because of the risk of paralysis is another.

My final test showed no healing. I put all my blood, swear, and tears into this game.”

Seahawks star retires at 30 in NFL stunner

Never forgot how excited I was when Seattle drafted him after I watched some of his college highlights.

Who was better?

Miss you bro, get healthy.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:32 pm
  • It's the end of an era for an OG Boom member..
    Bye Bye "Bam Bam" a Hawk legend..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:38 pm
  • Godspeed.
    Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 pm
  • The heart of the defense, hope he stays around as a coach. Great motivator and great person.

Vernon Davis is happy about this I bet. Wonder if he can stop having nightmares about running crossing routes against us now.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 pm
  • Sad, but expected. I'm glad he's stepping away from the playing field if it's best for his health.

Him and Earl were my two favorite Hawk, and they could both be gone when the season starts. Yikes.
    avengerboater
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:24 pm
  • One of my all-time favorite Hawks, teams and opponents feared him!

Kam will always be a Super Bowl Champion, thanks sir for the great play and memories.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:27 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote::(

Very sad day, but nothing's more important than your own health, Kam. You were great. Have fun with whatever you decide to do in the future, and thank you for being a part of one of the best damned defenses to ever take the field in the history of football.

This
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Exactly. :roll: We know the contract and cap situation, it's been talked about ad nauseum. Lets just wish him the best from here forward and drop the classlessness for one moment please.

Kam you are a warrior and the epitome of Seahawk football. You will always be remembered for the spirit, fire, and tough nosed / hard hitting football that brought fear to offenses around the league. You will be missed, and always remembered by many. This 12 is wishing you all the best in your future from here forward. :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 pm
  • Anyone complaining about cap space does not get it.

He earned it.

Some of the best football I ever watched was because of him, Lynch, Sherman and Browner causing mayhem.

Kam was one of the linchpins in getting us to the SB and if you do not believe it, watch what happened to the team while he held out. He was instrumental in our success.

I have no problem with him getting paid and chewing up our cap considering the impact to his body and the likely side effects to follow him after his playing days.

One of the greatest Seahawks to ever play in my opinion. Certainly, in his prime, one of the best at his position.

His jersey goes in a special section of football gods for me.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:46 pm
  • I don't post very often anymore, obviously, but this one warrants leaving the lurker shadows.

This hurts almost as bad as when we Lost Lofa. I say ALMOST because atleast Kam got to walk away with multiple NFC championship's and a Superbowl ring. Whenever a player with sky high potential and as much heart as guys like Kam and Lofa had are forced to retire early due to health reasons, it feels bad, it hurts, it almost feels like losing a friend.

Damn this season is going to feel just a little dissapointing knowing there's no chance of Kam walking out on that field for us, but I guess it's time... next man up.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 pm
  • This Sucks so badly
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:01 pm
  • While not the original Enforcer (that belongs to #45 HoFer Kenny Easley), Kam was the Enforcer of our Championship Era, putting the BOOM in Legion Of Boom. He was the primary reason the Seahawks were feared during that time. See you in the Ring of Honor one day, Kam. Thank you for putting everything on the line for us, and playing a vital role in delivering the first-ever Lombardi to Seattle.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:13 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:For a second there, I thought he was going to save us some cap space, LOL.

In your dreams.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:20 pm
  • Actually this makes me sad.

I truly want this player to return, b/c he was a force of nature. That said this was pretty expected and Rappaport can eat my shorts, Sadly Kam is done, just like Cliff is done. Don’t want to see either in a wheel chair.

In a way I’m glad he’s getting paid and doubt greatly Kam want to sit and be paid, unlike many others.

Time to move on.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 pm
  • My fave LOB member and only guy on the current roster that I wanted a Jersey of. Some memorable hits and plays. End of an era! Thanks Kam for the memories! See you at the ring of honor!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:54 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:

If memory serves me correctly it costs the team more for him to be cut than sit on the bench and as his salary is guaranteed and he was injured playing for us it makes no sense for him to just walk away from all that cash. My guess here is that the team will come to some financial arrangement that allows him to retire and still get paid.
    With that said I did spoil on him a bit during his holdout but I have always loved what he brought to the team each and every down he was on the field. He’s a unique talent that may never come our way again and for that I’m forever grateful

We said the same about Kenny yet were blessed with Kam, just hope we don't have to wait as long for the next BIG thing in the secondary.

Pity both guys had to leave the game due to a circumstance beyond their control, Kenny with his Kidnesy shutting down and now Kam with a Neck injury that was a freak injury.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 pm
  • He won’t officially be retired for a while.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 pm
  • The Beast Mode of defende. Will be greatly missed. I’m thankful I got to see his whole career.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 pm

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:56 am
  • This sucks, if you read between the lines of his Twitter message he seems very concerned about his long-term health. Hope he can have a long and happy life after football, lord knows he deserved it.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:57 am
  • The NFL just got a whole lot safer for offenses

The real SB 48 MVP. Kam is just one scary dude.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 am
  • This decade, no two players have struck more fear into opponents than Marshawn Lynch and Kam Chancellor.

That they were on the same team made that fear palpable to witness.

That it was our team was priceless.

Nothing but happy memories.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 am
  • Kam was a bad man. Best of luck to him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:Yes, one of the all-time greats in Seahawks history is retiring due to a debilitating and dangerous injury. LET'S TALK ABOUT CAP SPACE.

We can't do both?

Yeah that makes no sense. Kam's health and playing career are aspects related to retirement discussion just the same as his impact on the salary cap. Not sure why some aspects are off limits but others are not. We all have different perspectives and values as fans.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 am
  • What a huge influence he was on this team. He was the face of the Boom imo. He brought intimidation, and the other players clearly looked up to him. Unfortunately, it was time. He has nothing to prove, and risking it just isn't needed for a guy who has played as long as him, won a title, make a bunch of $, has a family etc. I'll miss Kam big time.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:08 am
  • So neither Bennett nor Kam will play a down under the third contracts we gave them.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information