Ghosts of Cables Past?? (JR Sweezy back in town)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, people freaked when he left, turned out to be a smart move. But, he's so injury prone it's hard to assume he would somehow stay healthy.

Jville

Reaction score
Due diligence is a Seahawk characteristic.

JR left Seattle because Tampa offered him more money than he could refuse. Unfortunately for Tampa Bay, they missed or down played the back injury that limited Sweezy's effectiveness in his final games in Seattle.

With the termination of the Tampa contract, he is now a free agent with a year plus between his Seahawk back injury and his physical health today. The Seahawk medical and coaching staffs are very attractive resources for him to consult and begin a new search for his next chapter as a lineman. He remains free to move about the planet ....... as he should be.

There is nothing surprising about the announcement of JR's visit. The VMAC is an exceptionally supportive environment ..... always striving to help others ....... become the best they can be.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":11s2gfkd said:

JR left Seattle because Tampa offered him more money than he could refuse. Unfortunately for Tampa Bay, they missed or down played the back injury that limited Sweezy's effectiveness in his final games in Seattle.

With the termination of the Tampa contract, he is now a free agent with a year plus between his Seahawk back injury and his physical health today. The Seahawk medical and coaching staffs are very attractive resources for him to consult and begin a new search for his next chapter as a lineman. He remains free to move about the planet ....... as he should be.

There is nothing surprising about the announcement of JR's visit. The VMAC is an exceptionally supportive environment ..... always striving to help others ....... become the best they can be.

Well that is wonderful if you are trying to save the planet. But putting together an NFL roster, I'd prefer to not turn our salary cap into charity work myself.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":157r5wbl said:
Jville":157r5wbl said:

Well that is wonderful if you are trying to save the planet. But putting together an NFL roster, I'd prefer to not turn our salary cap into charity work myself.

Your inference is of your own making. It has nothing to do with the post.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3ovqaeo5 said:
Seymour":3ovqaeo5 said:
Jville":3ovqaeo5 said:

If it doesn't, then "always striving to help others" has nothing to do with the topic of possibly signing Sweezy then.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":38io1g6m said:
Jville":38io1g6m said:
Seymour":38io1g6m said:
Jville":38io1g6m said:

If it doesn't, then "always striving to help others" has nothing to do with the topic of possibly signing Sweezy then.

Due diligence and consulting.

toffee

Reaction score
It would be sad if Sweezy, in his current health state, could beat out one of our designated starters. Pocic and Fluker vs Sweezy?

Jville

Reaction score
To my knowledge, there have been no published reports or results from his most recent Seahawk physical.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'm concerned about Fluker and Pocic, so I would appreciate the competition at right guard if Sweezy is healthy.

Sweezy bulldozed some nice holes during his time here. Not sure why you wouldn't sign him (if healthy) for the vet min.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1tddpqp0 said:
I'm concerned about Fluker and Pocic, so I would appreciate the competition at right guard if Sweezy is healthy.

Sweezy bulldozed some nice holes during his time here. Not sure why you wouldn't sign him (if healthy) for the vet min.

Could Sweezy more of a finesse zone guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrblitz

Reaction score
it's one thing to give sweezy the look-over and physical, but another to sign him if he's hurt. so, what i took from the discussion was that vmac will gladly help players and consult with them; but on the other hand, the seahawks won't be signing charity cases. it's kind of a paradox; seahawks are really interested in personal development and health issues, but by the same token, they've usually been fairly quick to cut ties when a player's abilities begin to wane. ymmv

Tical21

Reaction score
I could not stand Sweezy. However, if he's healthy, and that's a HUGE if, and takes the vet minimum, he's likely the best right guard on the roster.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":1ii8r9sh said:

Amen

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe Sweezy will be a Raider not a Seahawk when it's all said and done. Probably a better fit for him to be under Cable anyways. Sweezy was hugging the ground a lot during his Seahawk days. Yes, he had the occasional power block but more times than not he was diving. He can work on his dive technique under Cable's watch.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":372vknic said:
I believe Sweezy will be a Raider not a Seahawk when it's all said and done. Probably a better fit for him to be under Cable anyways. Sweezy was hugging the ground a lot during his Seahawk days. Yes, he had the occasional power block but more times than not he was diving. He can work on his dive technique under Cable's watch.

Agree. Speaking of "Cable's watch", I think Gruden is about to find out how out of touch he has gotten working for ESPthen.

trumpwatch_0.png

Jville

Reaction score
It would appear "ridicule" is the ulterior motive and purpose for initiating this thread.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to the practitioners advantage ..... per Saul David Alinsky.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1twxdqzi said:

At least Sweezy seemed to be somewhat competent at cut blocks. He hit more than he missed and many had devastating effect, unlike Cable's latest efforts (cue 0/5 cut blocks image).