Pretty excited for this season

Tical21

Reaction score
This finally feels different. Like 49 is officially, finally, flushed away. There's going to be a bunch of young, hungry guys out there running around trying to create a new identity. There's going to be a ton of positive energy.

Seasons like this are really interesting to me. We're going to learn so much about so many different guys. Those of us that like to break down players and watch individuals are going to have a lot more to do than we have in the past several years. In addition to new players, we're going to have new coaches, Schottenheimer in particular. Are we going to be able to identify zone defenses and execute some plays to beat them? Are we going to see any younger corners step-up? Can Shaquem play? Are we going to be able to win the games in the phone-booth again, or are we going to keep getting beat at our own game?

Honestly, I don't expect us to be that good. Which, I promise, is not why I'm excited about this team. I just don't think we have enough talent playing at a high level at the moment. I expect this to be one of those transition years, where guys start to break out over the course of the season, and we go into next season with a bunch of guys trending up, rather than flat-lining or going backwards. What's going to make this team good for years to come will be the same thing that made this team good starting in 2011. We're going to have to find some hungry, young players that we got for cheap, to become the core of this team. Opportunity and "competition" will be UNLIMITED. Who is going to make the most of theirs?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The hungry factor is a lot of what has been missing.
I don't expect a great season either but I want to be really suprised
expectation wise and see future stars emerging.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
One thing is for sure.

This will be the most exciting preseason since 2012. With so much new talent expected to take over important roles, this preseason will offer alot to digest.

Whereas in years past (the last 3) most of the spots were already claimed so there wasn't alot to get excited about in the 3rd and 4th quarter in games. Whereas this year I'll be glued to the tube checking out these new guys.

for instance

Backup QB- McGough vs. Davis

RB- How will that get sorted out- Penny, Carson, Prosise, MCKissic, and Davis. I got to believe 1 of those five will be carrying the rock through the end of the game and not seeing scrubs that we know won't make it.

WR/TE- With Richardson and Graham gone we now will be focused on vets Marshall and Brown, as well as young bucks Darboh, Moore and Johnson. Dissly and Vannett and Dickson will be exciting to see how the 2 young guys and the vet do this year.

On Defense you've got

Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson-- how will they fit in?

AT CB= Tre Flowers, the progress of Shaq Griffin and Mike Tyson.

At LB you've got Shaquem, but there's bound to be 1-2 other new guys make the team and provide depth.

Heck even at Special teams it will be exciting to watch the punter competition. Between the gifted youth and the seasoned vet.

To me this will be a terrific preseason to watch to see the development of the 2nd and 3rd year players along with the rookies.

chris98251

Reaction score
The real question is how many remotes and big screens will need to be replaced by the end of the season :)

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3r0hh4cf said:
One thing is for sure.

This will be the most exciting preseason since 2012. With so much new talent expected to take over important roles, this preseason will offer alot to digest.

Whereas in years past (the last 3) most of the spots were already claimed so there wasn't alot to get excited about in the 3rd and 4th quarter in games. Whereas this year I'll be glued to the tube checking out these new guys.

for instance

Backup QB- McGough vs. Davis

RB- How will that get sorted out- Penny, Carson, Prosise, MCKissic, and Davis. I got to believe 1 of those five will be carrying the rock through the end of the game and not seeing scrubs that we know won't make it.

WR/TE- With Richardson and Graham gone we now will be focused on vets Marshall and Brown, as well as young bucks Darboh, Moore and Johnson. Dissly and Vannett and Dickson will be exciting to see how the 2 young guys and the vet do this year.

On Defense you've got

Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson-- how will they fit in?

AT CB= Tre Flowers, the progress of Shaq Griffin and Mike Tyson.

At LB you've got Shaquem, but there's bound to be 1-2 other new guys make the team and provide depth.

Heck even at Special teams it will be exciting to watch the punter competition. Between the gifted youth and the seasoned vet.

To me this will be a terrific preseason to watch to see the development of the 2nd and 3rd year players along with the rookies.
Thanks for expounding. A lot of fun stuff to talk about here. CB will be super fun to watch. Those guys you mentioned, as well as a couple FA's that look promising, and maybe even one in the Bozworth draft.
WR will be great fun. I hope it's Marshall and he plays well, but who else is going to step up?

I kind of wish they didn't sign McDougald so we would be assured of a chance to see Delano or Tedric, but I guess with the Earl situation, they didn't have a choice but to retain at least one good veteran safety.

DE is another position that should be fun to watch. Can Shaquem play outside on passing downs? Can that other kid they drafted late? What about Jordan and Smith? If they can all only stay GROUNDED.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Rasheem Green is a Michael Bennett clone physically, can he come in and make an impact?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2nolbiez said:
Rasheem Green is a Michael Bennett clone physically, can he come in and make an impact?

It's tough for rookie DL to make an impact. The only recent rookies who did that I can think of were Aaron Donald and Joey Bosa. Mules Garrett played pretty well too I think. Those guys are the best of the best though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, how are we 9 posts in and no one has mentioned watching Dickson punt??? That's a travesty. I haven't been this excited to watch a punter ever.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The exciting thing is you've got a top 3 QB entering his PRIME... I'm so glad for Russ we're addressing the line and running and TE game!! This will be nothing if not FUN :), hell, at this point in the summer, even wnba would be watchable

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I'm excited NOBODY broke their skull in an ATV accident or lost a hand during July 4th.
It seems guys actually want to play this year.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Right on. Good post. Yeah, I know it sucks that the window has closed, but I'm with ya. I'm really curious if Pete 'n John can do it again. I expect a 9-7 type season, or 'round about there. And yeah, I really want Shaquem to make the team, and boast some great stats in the process! That's my story of this year. And looking forward to next spring where Pete 'n John put the rest of the pieces in place, and then build on that the next season. And do it all over again. Fingers crossed!!! I do think L.A. and Santa Clara own the next couple years though. Look for disappointing season sweeps.... arghhhh….

chris98251

Reaction score
In Petes first season we had the 23rd ranked offense and the 25th ranked defense the next season our defense was ranked #7 then we went to #9 on offense and 1st in defense, that was starting with a bare cupboard, we are not starting with a bare cupboard.

Expect respectability and maybe a pleasant surprise or two.

Lots of Mediots choking on under cooked Crow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it will be better overall just by flushing the 2 turds they were offensive coaches.
I expect the offense to be much better, but the defense will take a step or 2 back. If ET gets traded or holds out the defense is going to struggle big time.

toffee

Reaction score
This will be a season for the diehards, the fans that knows some xo. This will not be a season for the fair weather.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":2h9k1wxw said:
This will be a season for the diehards, the fans that knows some xo. This will not be a season for the fair weather.

So your saying the Mods will be busy this season then :p

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The fact that there is so many unknown variables has made it difficult at best to determine how good they will be. That is the biggest factor in the media being "disrespectful". There is only two factors that are a given, Pete Carroll will coach them with fundamentals and Wilson will be the explosive star QB.
Personally, I have high expectations. My only concerns are a tough schedule and keeping Wilson from getting hurt vs the Rams.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":kp59yai5 said:
In Petes first season we had the 23rd ranked offense and the 25th ranked defense the next season our defense was ranked #7 then we went to #9 on offense and 1st in defense, that was starting with a bare cupboard, we are not starting with a bare cupboard.

Expect respectability and maybe a pleasant surprise or two.

Lots of Mediots choking on under cooked Crow.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone who actually believes that we are starting all the way back at square one isn't giving enough credit to RW, Doug Baldwin & SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER circumstances in overall Coaching, ++++,( field General ) Bobby Wagner, & side-kick KJ Wright, Frank ( The Freak) Clark, who are ALL great MENTORS for the up & comers.
Oh and also, if Kam Chancellor is still here, he just might be a great help on Coaching up some of the newbies in the Secondary.

Latest posts