Kam Hall of Famer?

HawkGA

Reaction score
According to this video, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHfDbC3dhM

I disagree because I think all three of the main LOB members get in. That defense was too good for too long. But he does appear to be missing out on some important stats (hardly any sacks, not many interceptions) but what surprised me the most from this video is that he was never a first team all pro. WTF? That's just messed up right there.

adeltaY

Reaction score
In terms of impact, talent, and notoriety, yes he should def get in IMO. I doubt he actually will though. :/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
In my homer opinion yes! If he played for a legacy/big market team he’d be a shoe in. Not sure if he got enough media attention to get in. Look how long it took Kenny Easley to get in, who IMHO should have been a first ballot HOF’er.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30s3nf1g said:
In my homer opinion yes! If he played for a legacy/big market team he’d be a shoe in. Not sure if he got enough media attention to get in. Look how long it took Kenny Easley to get in, who IMHO should have been a first ballot HOF’er.

I think he probably gets in the same way as Easley. The veterans committee will nominate and get him into the HOF. Of course that will take some time and both Sherman and Thomas will have been waiting for many years to have him join with them.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Most feared player of his generation. Kam Chancellor belongs in the Hall of Fame.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Safeties never get into the hall of fame.

Kenny Easley was a top 5 pick in the draft from a big school in UCLA. Was NFL all-decade team, 4-time All-Pro, Defensive MVP 1984, 6th most interceptions for a safety. It took him almost 30 years to get in, Kam does not have a resume close to Easley's

Seafan

Reaction score
Sadly, if he had received the SB MVP that many feel he deserved it would definitely have helped his cause. He still has a chance.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't believe he gets in. Missing too many stats.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawknation2018":37rnv8oh said:
Most feared player of his generation. Kam Chancellor belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Agreed. Sadly that is probably not enough. The Hall of Fame is notoriously statistic driven.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hall of very good. I think he needed to have a couple of more years of good play in order to make the HOF. His statline is also not up to par.

If Kam does get in it will be many, many years in the future, and it will be more due to his reputation of being the toughest player of this generation.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37e3h32m said:
I Look how long it took Kenny Easley to get in, who IMHO should have been a first ballot HOF’er.

This is a very good point and now I'm sad. :cry:

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seafan":2d1jl0t6 said:
Sadly, if he had received the SB MVP that many feel he deserved it would definitely have helped his cause. He still has a chance.

I agree and I think an SB MVP would have done a lot more for his resume than a few more years of solid play. Ultimately, I don't think it's the duration of his career that is going to be the problem, I think it's going to be the lack of eye catching stats.

But I still say he gets in. And I don't think it will take the 30 years it took Kenny. I remember reading sometime back (I believe it was) Peter King talking about the approach with the Hall is to get as many people in as possible. He won't be a first ballot, but I bet he makes it. Part of it, though, might depend on the Seahawks still being relevant 5 or 6 years from now so he is remembered at the time he is eligible.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Too many other more deserving players ahead of him.

I say no... sadly.

Tical21

Reaction score
he only had 2-3 years where he was amongst the elite at his position. We forget that he would throw years in every now and again where he was kind of a liability against the pass. Then would seemingly recover the next year.

I'd say no, and no shot, but our defense was soooo good....can it really be that only Sherm and Earl and maybe Wagner get in? Seems to me that a defense that good should get another guy or two. Maybe not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
To me Kam is following the same career path as Kenny Easley.................well respected by his peers and former coaches, GM's, etc, but career cut short so not enough stats to get in.

So no to getting in through regular committee, but maybe down the line as a veteran voted member, like Easley.