PFF: Russell Wilson King of the 4th Quarter in 2017

adeltaY

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... th-quarter

Pretty outstanding stuff. They made sure to note that the only game we entered the fourth quarter down more than two scores was Week 15 against the Rams and per this tweet we were within one score or leading in the 4th quarter in 15 of those 16 games.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Cam/status/1018142951984295936[/tweet]

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'd appreciate if some of that clutch was shared with the first quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd appreciate it if they had an O Line and didn't have pathetic play calling in the 1st half. Over and over again.
I'd appreciate it if they actually let him sling it from the get go. But I get it, it's Russell Wilson, people will only dwell on the negative and ignore the massive positives and all the winning.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2em8vdwk said:
Been that way his entire career. Flat out clutch.

Exactly...not like this is new news....except to the haters that will forget by tomorrow. :roll:

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1vacdeg8 said:

You do realize with the exception of this past year, he has been pretty consistent in all qtrs.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Hawk1217":3l5g3vvc said:
Trrrroy":3l5g3vvc said:

You do realize with the exception of this past year, he has been pretty consistent in all qtrs.

I do. And credit to Wilson for putting up those numbers in the fourth. He's clearly a top 5 qb in my mind. But I also know that the only teams that scored less than the Hawks in the first half were the Browns and Dolphins. This team was god awful early in games offensively. Blame Bevell, blame Cable, blame the O-line, blame the RB's, but Wilson wasn't passing the eye test early in games, either.

You can't give him all the credit when they do well and blame everyone around him when the offense fails. It doesn't work like that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? Russ gets the blame by MANY fans when they lose. Shoot, there are plenty who claim the only reason they win is because of the D, and act like he has NOTHING to do with the wins. They don't make back to back SuperbOwl's w/out him, period. In what would does Russ ever get all the credit?

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Trrrroy":37uwklzm said:
Hawk1217":37uwklzm said:
Trrrroy":37uwklzm said:

I do. And credit to Wilson for putting up those numbers in the fourth. He's clearly a top 5 qb in my mind. But I also know that the only teams that scored less than the Hawks in the first half were the Browns and Dolphins. This team was god awful early in games offensively. Blame Bevell, blame Cable, blame the O-line, blame the RB's, but Wilson wasn't passing the eye test early in games, either.

You can't give him all the credit when they do well and blame everyone around him when the offense fails. It doesn't work like that.

I understand and agree.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk1217":3rs053u2 said:
Trrrroy":3rs053u2 said:
Hawk1217":3rs053u2 said:
Trrrroy":3rs053u2 said:

I understand and agree.

Well that is not Anthony! then....or if it is he's been to reform training and passed. :mrgreen: :2thumbs:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wouldn't have to try so hard in the 4th to catch up if the offense showed up in the 1st half. This defence wont keep teams to 3 and 7 pts in the first half anymore. Offense needs to step up bigtime this year and play 4 quarters.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ag95si8 said:
Wouldn't have to try so hard in the 4th to catch up if the offense showed up in the 1st half. This defence wont keep teams to 3 and 7 pts in the first half anymore. Offense needs to step up bigtime this year and play 4 quarters.

I agree, however, feel strongly that is a coaching decision, and am not sure it will change, The whole you cant win it in the 1st, or the 2nd or the 3rd that Pete preaches proves this out. Add to that the style of offense they often play is not what works best with our talent, as can be shown whenever we go uptempo as opposed to our normal offense. Add to that the scripted plays which rarely work. That said new OC we will see.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The offensive philosophy the head coach has dictated is for first half play calling to be conservative, limit turnovers, and not put the defense into bad field position. In addition they have gutted offensive personnel so they could pay premiums to the defensive stars and support. Add to that an offensive staff with a complete inability to create game plans without having the offense run a few series of scripting plays first and you have a receipe for a throw away first quarter and the need for closing hard at the finish.