Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Imagine that, Sherm with something negative to say

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I wonder if the "mistakes" that were made include giving up a two score lead to Tommy Boy during the AN? What a douche. So glad he is gone. Can't wait to sweep the 9ers. Also, I don't think Sherm is going to have the kind of success in a different system as here. Spent years defending him as a "zone db," knowing I was wrong. There is a new crop of stud db's, they will leave him in the dust, and he will still be talking that ish.


    www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nb ... hawks/amp/
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 760
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • He is right though. Although the team might be going in the right direction, there were plenty of mistakes made over the past few years that went against their philosophy. I doubt we are going to sweep the niners and I wouldnt bet against Sherman. We'll see what happens. I think itll be a couple of years before we get to championship ready status.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 708
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm


  • strohmin wrote:He is right though. Although the team might be going in the right direction, there were plenty of mistakes made over the past few years that went against their philosophy. I doubt we are going to sweep the niners and I wouldnt bet against Sherman. We'll see what happens. I think itll be a couple of years before we get to championship ready status.


    May not sweep the niners, that was more venting. But I stick by the Sherman prediction, he will not replicate his success he had here.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 760
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • I see nothing wrong with what he said. Many here were saying the same thing.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1516
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Plenty of mistakes, and he made his share of them w/his antics and his pie hole. Loved him as a player, but it was time. He flat out can't handle not being the center of attention. Oh well, he's a Niner now, next.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Jimjones0384 wrote: But I stick by the Sherman prediction, he will not replicate his success he had here.


    Of course he's not going to replicate the success he had here with mounting age and a lesser supporting cast, but he'll be solid and I would almost guarantee he'll burn us a time or two along the way. I wish he was still here.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 791
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


  • Nothing he said is untrue.

    He said this team made mistakes that ended our dominance. You missed them?

    We had a historic defense and we squandered it.

    Harvin lost us Tate.

    We ran Lynch off and gave the keys to this team to Wilson before he was ready. And we saddled poor Wilson with one of the worst OCs in the NFL after stripping our OL because we thought we could get by with rookies and nobodies instead.

    We built something special but then made the team all about Wilson instead. That was the biggest mistake and the one that destroyed any future this current team had. I pointed it out when I stated years ago that this team would never make another SB with Bevell - much less win one.

    This was a great team. It is now nowhere near great. Hopefully this year it will be better than last but you are fooling yourself if you don't see the egregious mistakes that turned this team from SB contender to scraping for a wildcard.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2898
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Because the defense he played in NEVER was at fault for losing games and/or blowing leads. :?
    Maybe he could get over it and move on? His act got old, period. He was PART of how the team lost their way. Would he ever admit he was? Nope. As much as I loved him as a Hawk, the fact that he was never wrong about anything, ever, the entire time he was here just wore thin with the team. Freaking out on the sidelines and acting like it was no big deal was not showing leadership at all. I will miss his play though, one of the best to ever play for the Hawks.
    As far as Lynch goes, they let him do whatever he wanted, and it worked for a long time. He retired, how did they chase him away? Who was it that blew a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl? It was the DEFENSE. Along w/the Offense not playing add on. How many times the last couple years did the D blow a lead? They win and lose as a TEAM. But Sherm seemed to refuse to ever put it on the D, ever. How is that leadership? Pointing fingers and/or screaming at coaches on the sidelines, how is that productive?
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I don't see Sherman saying anything factual in what was quoted. It is purely emotional BS. Typical of his immaturity really. For those that don't want to click the article there are only a couple direct quotes.

    “Mistakes and poor judgment on things ruined what could have been a really special deal. . . . They’ve lost their way. It’s as simple as that. They’ve just lost their way. When you make too many mistakes over a long period of time, you kind of dig yourself a hole. And then when you backtrack, you gotta make a bunch of rash decisions to try and fill the hole and hope that it holds up.”

    I mean seriously, "they've lost their way...", what a bunch of tripe. Again, Sherman proves he is incapable of accepting any responsibility for the times he failed to perform on the field. It is always someone else's fault or problem with this guy.

    Tremendous player in his prime, but clearly not the best team player and struggles to move on from the past.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 639
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm


  • Jimjones0384 wrote: Also, I don't think Sherm is going to have the kind of success in a different system as here.


    If he's not going to have success it won't be because of that. It's the same system, which is why the 9ers went after him within 60 seconds of his release becoming official (not an exaggeration).
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4783
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • Losing their way I think means not holding certain coaches accountable, also paying guys to come in more then those that contributed and have them bust. Those mistakes are what pissed off the LOB and Sherman, why those are the only ones that have held out at all during the Carroll Era.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23942
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • It remains a matter of speculation. Speaking for myself, I think they made a series personnel blunders that took them out of what worked and toward a dead end direction. In the case of Sherman, he strikes me as someone who is still rolling it all over in his mind.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7487
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • The defense produced, consistently.

    The offense did not.

    Whether the defense made mistakes occasionally or lost a game occasionally is immaterial. No system is perfect and no person or group is either.

    But giving the keys to the team to the group that wasn't producing? That was bound to cause resentment and it did.

    The biggest mistake this team made was not realizing what they had and not cherishing it more.

    The 2nd biggest mistake was not holding the offense accountable like it did the defense.

    The rest were all idiotic personnel moves. (Tate, Harvin, Unger, Graham, etc)

    Either way, Sherman produced, kept this team in games and the LOB was literally the reason we made the SBs. He earned the right to say what he said.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2898
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Maybe he should concentrate on his new team instead of talking about the Hawks after the fact.
    And we only made the Super Bowl back to back years because of the D? They don't make EITHER of them w/out Russ as well.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • TwistedHusky wrote:We had a historic defense and we squandered it.


    I mean, if you consider winning a Super Bowl squandering a historic defense then yeah, I guess we squandered it.

    You know, just like how the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens squandered their historic defenses too. :roll:
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2548
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote: Also, I don't think Sherm is going to have the kind of success in a different system as here.


    If he's not going to have success it won't be because of that. It's the same system, which is why the 9ers went after him within 60 seconds of his release becoming official (not an exaggeration).


    The Whiners’ defensive coaching staff is horrible, though. A Pete Carroll coached defense it ain’t.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1474
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Nothing he said is untrue.

    He said this team made mistakes that ended our dominance. You missed them?

    We had a historic defense and we squandered it.

    Harvin lost us Tate.

    We ran Lynch off and gave the keys to this team to Wilson before he was ready. And we saddled poor Wilson with one of the worst OCs in the NFL after stripping our OL because we thought we could get by with rookies and nobodies instead.

    We built something special but then made the team all about Wilson instead. That was the biggest mistake and the one that destroyed any future this current team had. I pointed it out when I stated years ago that this team would never make another SB with Bevell - much less win one.

    This was a great team. It is now nowhere near great. Hopefully this year it will be better than last but you are fooling yourself if you don't see the egregious mistakes that turned this team from SB contender to scraping for a wildcard.


    This is an interesting post, on one hand, you say "Poor" Wilson, on the other you make it clear handing the team to Wilson was the big mistake and it comes across like you blame Wilson. In fact, you say "Make it all about Wilson" this is, of course, is factless. Most of what has happened over the last few years were things that were coming regardless if we won that SB or not. The reason is too many strong personalities that wanted to be the guy, and have it their way. Point in case Sherman were is he taking any responsibility for his part in the loss or all the problems he caused. Answer no place, and some here eat that up, instead of calling him out. This was coming win or not, due to the strong personalities and wanting to be the man and be about the money. The biggest blame here is PC for allowing these personalities to become bigger than the team, and letting them go unchecked. As to that team getting back to or winning another SB, let me remind everyone the last NE team that won an SB was different than the one before and so on and so on. CHange happens in the NFL.
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 135
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Sherman was playing with a torn ligament in his elbow. He’s a warrior. He gave everything he had for this team. It’s sad that fans become so bitter after a player is released.

    Sherman made some bitter comments too, when his firing was still fresh. But everything he says here is true. Thankfully, we have a new offensive coaching staff now.

    All teams make poor decisions at times. Sherman will see this first hand now that he is playing for a dramatically overhyped Niner team and helping to generate income for an owner as inept as Jed York.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1474
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • 'Seahawks lost their way'
    So in his mind the hawks are sheeps and Sherm is the shepherd...

    Niners and Sherm so deserve each other. :snack:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1544
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


  • Russ Willstrong wrote:'Seahawks lost their way'
    So in his mind the hawks are sheeps and Sherm is the shepherd...

    Niners and Sherm so deserve each other. :snack:


    Seahawks fired him. He gave everything he could for this organization. Helped us win a lot of games, including a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, difficult decisions have to be made when players get older.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1474
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Hawk,

    The problem was not Wilson.

    The problem was not holding the offense accountable like the defense was held.

    But expecting Wilson to carry this team was doomed to fail, and it was unnecessary. The defense was already carrying this team - we just needed the offense to carry its weight. If anything, it got worse.

    There are a number of reasons for this, not sure how many were Wilson. Not many though. His consistency issues maybe, but a lot of that sounds like the scheme he was forced to produce in.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2898
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • I guess the Ravens and Bears with historic defenses squandered their chances as well. Plenty of great teams have only won a single title. But making it back to back? That's pretty damn impressive.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Sherman is absolutely, 100% right. They did lose their way. They stopped competing. They infused the team with good guys rather than ruthless winners. They forgot that their brashness and defiance is what made them who they were. They started drafting for role players rather than potential studs. They brought in soft veterans. Pete needed to be an asshole to Sherman a long time ago.
    I think it's pretty funny, albeit totally predictable, that people are turning on possibly the most beloved and most Seahawky Seahawk of the era.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3709
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • He lost his way as well. He's a PART of it. He's not above criticism, even if you think he is. But yeah, let's just dwell on the guys who are gone instead of concentrating on the guys who are here. Of course, he won't let us forget him regardless :lol:
    I will always appreciate what he did on the field, he was a game changer. Doesn't mean he's above criticism and wasn't a part of the problem.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Sherm is really struggling with how to cope with his being cut. It’s odd to hear a player talk this much about their previous team while still an active player in the NFL. I think it is unprofessional, and classless. You do not comment on other teams operations, or other players contracts etc. like this. Just keep it positive about what you are doing on your own team. Stay focused on your own stuff. Take the high road. Sherm way down in the mud since his release.

    This is kind of like the McAdoo comments on the giants, but he is not a coach anymore. . . Or Avril on Ifedi. You just don’t get into this while active.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4109
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Sherm is really struggling with how to cope with his being cut. It’s odd to hear a player talk this much about their previous team while still an active player in the NFL. I think it is unprofessional, and classless. You do not comment on other teams operations, or other players contracts etc. like this. Just keep it positive about what you are doing on your own team. Stay focused on your own stuff. Take the high road. Sherm way down in the mud since his release.

    This is kind of like the McAdoo comments on the giants, but he is not a coach anymore. . . Or Avril on Ifedi. You just don’t get into this while active.


    He will get it tho. What goes around comes around in a much more difficult way. He may burn RW, but RW will burn him too.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7720
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Baldwin could beat any corner in the league. Just ask Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman if Doug can get open.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Things went downhill once the core got paid. They all lost a bit of their fire.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2343
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Sherm is really struggling with how to cope with his being cut. It’s odd to hear a player talk this much about their previous team while still an active player in the NFL. I think it is unprofessional, and classless. You do not comment on other teams operations, or other players contracts etc. like this. Just keep it positive about what you are doing on your own team. Stay focused on your own stuff. Take the high road. Sherm way down in the mud since his release.

    This is kind of like the McAdoo comments on the giants, but he is not a coach anymore. . . Or Avril on Ifedi. You just don’t get into this while active.



    This
    User avatar
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 135
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am


  • Tical21 wrote:Sherman is absolutely, 100% right. They did lose their way. They stopped competing. They infused the team with good guys rather than ruthless winners. They forgot that their brashness and defiance is what made them who they were. They started drafting for role players rather than potential studs. They brought in soft veterans.


    And none of it resulted in a non-winning season until they signed a bad kicker and lost a promising starting RB to injury.

    People here are so desperate to pin our struggles to a single correctable philosophy because it makes them feel better about our chances to rebuild. Unfortunately, the result is a lot of mis-pinnings. Truth is, a lot of NFL teams lose out on the Super Bowl due to factors outside their control (injury, lucky bounces) and respectable gambles that went south. It's not easily fixed.

    Folks falling back on the "stopped competing" crap are wrong. Sherman is wrong. The team did not suffer through three losing seasons after The Play because of Bevell and a pack of big contracts. We were winning and firmly in contention the entire time, until 2017 when injury and a bad kicker killed us. There was no major glaring problem to fix until that happened.

    That's falsifiable and quantifiable. Sherm's comments aren't. Let's see if he can go on backing his words up without his youth and health, or Earl and Kam.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15561
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Baldwin could beat any corner in the league. Just ask Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman if Doug can get open.

    I believe Baldwin V Sherman match up is going to be worth the price of admission alone, Neither will be happy about losing to the other, expect fireworks.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 157
    Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm


  • I wonder if "losing their way" meant re-signing Marshawn, Bennett, and Kam?

    I don't get what he's trying to prove here. We tried keeping everyone, and people's performances slipped. Not the teams fault here. The fact of the matter is, they can't get over the fact we threw the ball instead of running it. So maybe it's just best we move on from those guys.

    Also, I'm not sure if this relates to what Sherm said but I need to express it: Players love to always go on and on about how "it's a business," meanwhile when the team tries to play the "business" card, the players go up in arms and have something to say about it. It's a two way street here, can't always get what you want.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm


  • GLio14 wrote:I wonder if "losing their way" meant re-signing Marshawn, Bennett, and Kam?

    I don't get what he's trying to prove here. We tried keeping everyone, and people's performances slipped. Not the teams fault here. The fact of the matter is, they can't get over the fact we threw the ball instead of running it. So maybe it's just best we move on from those guys.

    Also, I'm not sure if this relates to what Sherm said but I need to express it: Players love to always go on and on about how "it's a business," meanwhile when the team tries to play the "business" card, the players go up in arms and have something to say about it. It's a two way street here, can't always get what you want.


    To clarify the business angle...."It is a business until it is about me...then it is time for me to get paid."

    Chalking it up to when it is about others, it is not that important. When it is about me, I am entitled to be paid more than what I am going to produce for the next 10 years.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7720
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The defense produced, consistently.

    The offense did not.

    Whether the defense made mistakes occasionally or lost a game occasionally is immaterial. No system is perfect and no person or group is either.

    But giving the keys to the team to the group that wasn't producing? That was bound to cause resentment and it did.

    The biggest mistake this team made was not realizing what they had and not cherishing it more.

    The 2nd biggest mistake was not holding the offense accountable like it did the defense.

    The rest were all idiotic personnel moves. (Tate, Harvin, Unger, Graham, etc)

    Either way, Sherman produced, kept this team in games and the LOB was literally the reason we made the SBs. He earned the right to say what he said.


    "Keys to the team...?" What are you talking about. You realize the defense ate of the majority of the salary cap, they were paid, and then they stopped producing. If the majority of the salary cap is on one side of the ball you expect them to be lights out. They weren't.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2742
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4708
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • GLio14 wrote:We tried keeping everyone, and people's performances slipped.


    They didn't even slip that much. It's just widely assumed they must have slipped because our trajectory from '13 was slowly downward. Massive holes in such generalizations, unsupported by the stats. The root of the problem is folks not understanding why we won 48.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15561
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • They won 48 as a team, they got to 48 as a team. Defense, Running game and Russ.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    Ain't that the truth.

    Sherman's passion for the provocative habitually muscles its way into the conversation again and again. Now with the 49ers, Richard has added to his audience and expanded his play list. It's just more of Sherman being Sherman. With a bigger audience with which to play with, he would benefit with more in the way of new material. As I recall, repetition of the old Crabtree episodes got really old after awhile. But rest assured, there will be more episodes for those who, never the less, thirst after more of the same.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7487
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    GLio14 wrote:We tried keeping everyone, and people's performances slipped.


    They didn't even slip that much. It's just widely assumed they must have slipped because our trajectory from '13 was slowly downward. Massive holes in such generalizations, unsupported by the stats. The root of the problem is folks not understanding why we won 48.


    Sherm and TO had something in common.

    Most football observation or commentaries from TO were quite accurate and even insightful. The problem with TO’s statement were why and how, ie objective of making such statement and how he did it. In the end, TO might be factually correct but those statements served no propose.

    Sherm is the same way, why is he making such statement? How would that help the Hawks? Or 9ers? Or his ex-teammates, or himself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 732
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Richard Sherman wrote:Yet Sherman can’t help but wonder what might have been in Seattle. The Seahawks won a single Super Bowl, after the 2013 season, and spent the next four years falling short in the playoffs against teams that couldn’t claim Seattle’s wealth of defensive talent. Now the band is broken up, with Michael Bennett, Kam Chancellor and Sherman out of the fold, and Earl Thomas in a contract dispute that could lead to a trade out of Seattle.

    “It’s just unfortunate. It’s really unfortunate,” Sherman says. “I think it’ll all come out when they do the 30 for 30. Mistakes and poor judgment on things ruined what could have been a really special deal. You don’t have much left right now. And to say you’re not going to pay Earl Thomas is just ... There’s no decline in play there. He’s played the game the right way. Who do you have to pay? You have the two best linebackers in the game. You have the quarterback. You have a great wide receiver in Doug [Baldwin]. And you’re paying Duane Brown.

    “They’ve lost their way. It’s as simple as that. They’ve just lost their way. When you make too many mistakes over a long period of time, you kind of dig yourself a hole. And then when you backtrack, you gotta make a bunch of rash decisions to try and fill the hole and hope that it holds up.


    “I’m not even going to worry about it now. I’ve got bigger fish to fry.”


    That's the full quote. Sounds more like a whistful reflection with his own honest opinion than him slandering the Hawks as I see it.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2414
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • If Sherman was an ex-girlfriend, her # would be blocked on your phone, her email blocked, and blocked on all social media. And then your friends would always be telling you, 'that crazy ex of your's kept sending me texts, asking about you.'

    Image


    Sherm..... dude let it gooooooo.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6627
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5738
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote: Also, I don't think Sherm is going to have the kind of success in a different system as here.


    If he's not going to have success it won't be because of that. It's the same system, which is why the 9ers went after him within 60 seconds of his release becoming official (not an exaggeration).


    That was meant to include personnel,my bad. Kam, earl, ect.
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 760
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • No doubt, he's like the angry ex, just let it go man.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9318
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Sherman and Lynch were the heartbeat of that team along with Wilson. If Sherman has something to say about the team and our current status, it should carry quite a bit of weight. He has earned the right to criticize this organization because we do not sniff a SB without him (and not because of the Tip). I am interested in what he has to say and hopefully someone is listening because Sherman knows what it takes to win a SB. He is also a beloved Seahawk and I cannot believe how many people turn on him.
    Last edited by NJlargent on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1342
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm


  • Cyrus12 wrote:Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...


    Oh yeah, I'm glad Sherm brought that up too. It'll be craaaazy
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2414
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Tical21 wrote:Sherman is absolutely, 100% right. They did lose their way. They stopped competing. They infused the team with good guys rather than ruthless winners. They forgot that their brashness and defiance is what made them who they were. They started drafting for role players rather than potential studs. They brought in soft veterans. Pete needed to be an asshole to Sherman a long time ago.
    I think it's pretty funny, albeit totally predictable, that people are turning on possibly the most beloved and most Seahawky Seahawk of the era.

    This
    Sherm could burn a 12 flag in my living room and I still could not stop loving the guy. Hof’er
    World champs sb48

    Aros wrote:

    Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    User avatar
    hawksincebirth
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 392
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Marysville


  • adeltaY wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...


    Oh yeah, I'm glad Sherm brought that up too. It'll be craaaazy



    Itll be pretty exciting to see. However itll be mostly this:

    Pete babied Russ and never put the blame on the offense like he did the defense. The hawks organization wanted russ as the face of the franchise and not beastmode or loud mouth D. Thats the main reason we passed the ball instead of running the ball.

    Alot of criticism towards pete, russ and very minimal to cable and bevell.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1088
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...


    Oh yeah, I'm glad Sherm brought that up too. It'll be craaaazy



    Itll be pretty exciting to see. However itll be mostly this:

    Pete babied Russ and never put the blame on the offense like he did the defense. The hawks organization wanted russ as the face of the franchise and not beastmode or loud mouth D. Thats the main reason we passed the ball instead of running the ball.

    Alot of criticism towards pete, russ and very minimal to cable and bevell.


    IDK man, hopefully they will get many different perspectives and I think the topic will draw out conflicting views from different players and coaches. I really think it might end up being one of the most incisive sports documentaries ever. I think some players will share the view you detailed above, some will stay middle of the road, some will maybe even blame the defense for giving up the lead. I'm sure someone's gonna rag on Bev for the playcall too. Wonder how long we will have to wait for it? 10 more years?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2414
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Chapow wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:We had a historic defense and we squandered it.


    I mean, if you consider winning a Super Bowl squandering a historic defense then yeah, I guess we squandered it.

    You know, just like how the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens squandered their historic defenses too. :roll:



    LOL

    :2thumbs:


    People acting like there's still such thing as a team dynasty to be squandered.

    "But the Patriots..."

    Sure, we can replicate that... if you're in a division for 20 years with 3 of the 5 most gimp organizations in the NFL, have the greatest coach in NFL history, an owner who has compromising pictures of the commish, and an all time great QB is willing to forgo half his salary every year.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1932
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


Next


It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information