Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Brian Schottenheimer - future Seahawks Head Coach

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Now that I’m on record I feel much better.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Your confidence is refreshing.

What if we cant run the football?
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

• Oh heck that other guy that was slated to be head coach isn't going to come back from Oakland to take over now ? Hope Schottenheimer is that successful because that means the team is. For now I am Just going to be estatic if they improve on offense to the point of scoring in the first half.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

• We will see, I hope it is true but way to early to tell.
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie

• Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

I'm not so sure Pete will retire in 3 years, he still looks pretty energized and motivated. But as they say, we'll see.

There's always the chance, of course, that if Schotty does well, he'll be recruited by some team as a HC, for which we may not be able to protect him.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• ImTheScientist wrote:He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Your last prediction I remember was Lacy was a BEAST and would hit it big here last year IIRC.

Hope you didn't just doom Shotty..... :shock:
    Last edited by Seymour on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

I'm not so sure Pete will retire in 3 years, he still looks pretty energized and motivated. But as they say, we'll see.

There's always the chance, of course, that if Schotty does well, he'll be recruited by some team as a HC, for which we may not be able to protect him.

In general I agree but there were times last season that Pete looked absolutely exhausted and at wits end about WTH was happening around him. Never seen him so stressed myself. Hence the reason Cabevell is gone now IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:Your confidence is refreshing.

No worries, that is why we have an 80 yard punter now....Pete thinks of everything! :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    sutz wrote:Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

In general I agree but there were times last season that Pete looked absolutely exhausted and at wits end about WTH was happening around him. Never seen him so stressed myself. Hence the reason Cabevell is gone now IMO.

True, and maybe if this year goes like last he may do something. But from what I've seen from recent pressers, the infusion of new coaches and young players has re-energized him. I think there is something to the idea that he prefers working with young guys to vets. Some of the guys that have left did seem to get jaded and lose the "compete" philosophy. Certainly, we lost a bit of the full buy in team mantra.

IAE, I look for Pete to be his energetic, gum chewing self this year. :179422:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    sutz wrote:Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

True, and maybe if this year goes like last he may do something. But from what I've seen from recent pressers, the infusion of new coaches and young players has re-energized him. I think there is something to the idea that he prefers working with young guys to vets. Some of the guys that have left did seem to get jaded and lose the "compete" philosophy. Certainly, we lost a bit of the full buy in team mantra.

IAE, I look for Pete to be his energetic, gum chewing self this year. :179422:

Well that is a good point and you are probably right about that now that I give it more thought. I think he is indeed more in his realm or wheelhouse working with younger players. I also think that is in part why Earl has had no know offer from the team even though the guy can still play.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• The names rumored earlier this year were Gruden, Saban and Harbaugh. Gruden is obviously out. The other two depends on how much Paul wants to pay. It seemed Harbaugh was Pete's choice and Saban was Paul's.

If someone wants to search, I'm sure the article could be found. I don't think Gruden was actually mentioned by name. But it was rumored to be down to three at the time. And he would have been a safe bet at the time.

Of course it's a little moot at the moment. A lot can change between now and when the time comes.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:The names rumored earlier this year were Gruden, Saban and Harbaugh. Gruden is obviously out. The other two depends on how much Paul wants to pay. It seemed Harbaugh was Pete's choice and Saban was Paul's.
    ucp.php?i=165
    If someone wants to search, I'm sure the article could be found. I don't think Gruden was actually mentioned by name. But it was rumored to be down to three at the time. And he would have been a safe bet at the time.

Of course it's a little moot at the moment. A lot can change between now and when the time comes.

Huh?? I don't understand how "whats your deal" would be Pete's choice??
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Based on what he has actually done, I dislike this idea a lot. I like the optimism though. I hope he is so successful that we feel that way after this season or next.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Oh Cable is going to be the Next Head Coach, Then Bevell, the Richard, now Schotty who has yet to call one play for the Seahawks.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

• homerun1970 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.

Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    homerun1970 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.

Mentioning his name got me a warning here because everyone is suppose to magically know he was banned and cannot "defend himself". :roll: :pukeface: :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Funny if you don’t think Perry will be an automatic HOF player and our new OC so successful that he becomes HC then you are a pessimist....

So guess I won’t counter the OP. Just say IF we are successful then yes he would be one of the candidates
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Unless Pete develops a "health challenge", I see him staying until the end of the 2019 year. Brian's future here depends on this year's performance.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    homerun1970 wrote:

Mentioning his name got me a warning here because everyone is suppose to magically know he was banned and cannot "defend himself". :roll: :pukeface: :141847_bnono:

He was banned? Had no idea lol
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    homerun1970 wrote:

He was banned? Had no idea lol

Exactly...but don't say his name! It would make no sense that he would leave on his own since his superhero was fired....riiiiight. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    homerun1970 wrote:

So, what you're saying is that Siouxhawk is the .net equivalent of Voldemort? He who shall not be named.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• ImTheScientist wrote:He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Maybe Eddie Lacy and him will be in the same HOF class one day.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Scientist,

For him to be successful enough to be a Head Coach, he would have to be pretty successful here.

That would only happen by him making us successful.

If he helps the Seahawks find success again I would be ecstatic.

Let's hope you are right.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Scientist,

For him to be successful enough to be a Head Coach, he would have to be pretty successful here.

That would only happen by him making us successful.

If he helps the Seahawks find success again I would be ecstatic.

Let's hope you are right.

They'd have to have a historically good offense for him to be HC-worthy IMO. I think Shanahan is a good example of a guy who had some success in a few places that culminated in him creating a top 10 all time offense in the 2016 Falcons, which led to him getting a HC job. If Schotty can do that, good on him. I don't think he's the same kind of OC as Shanahan though.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I would guarantee this much:

If Shotty failed to impress as Seahawks’ OC, he will never become a HC in NFL. No doubt about it.

If he would to be super successful, ie top 3 offense in year 3, he would be under consideration for HC by Paul and other owners.

I am hoping that he turn our offense around, I felt like we have two great pieces: Wilson and Baldwin; an unproven but potential game changer in Penny; and two nice change of pace RBs, so we have some asset in skilled position. Two good blocking TEs and an OL stocked with two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team guard.

If Shotty could improve points per game from our 22.9 (#11th ranked) to 26.1 (#5th Jacksonville) in this season and to 28 (#3rd Philly) in next season. Hawks could go really really deep in playoffs.

Are we better this season on offense? We lost a capable but incomplete TE, a speedy WR, a LOL LG. We gained one of the best college RB, return of Carson. A faulted but top notch run blocking RG, and a pair of top notch BLOCKING TEs. I like our chance to be better than last year.

Guys, 3 points or a field goal per game separate us from league’s #5 offense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

If he is awesome he will be poached after 1 yr. NFL Teams are desperate for QB guru type Head Coaches. So he will be an NFL Head Coach, just for another team.

-or-

More than likely he will be just okay and not be deemed Head Coach material. In that case he definitely won't get the Seahawks job. Paul Allen likes to hire big.

Just throw him on the pile along with Cable, Bevell, & Richard who were supposed to be the Seahawks next Head Coach according to some around here.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Nothing about this man says he is going to be successful. He runs an archaic form of offense from a bygone era. It is complicated, and it takes teams at least a year to get a full grasp of it. He is on his forth rodeo, and from the footage I've watched of him I can see why. He is a lot like Bevell, only he runs a tighter ship and is slower to adjust to what teams are throwing at him. He is the kind of guy that will either sink or swim with the gameplan. I love the guy from a QB, and discipline prospective, but his offenses are frustrating to watch.

Here are some fan prospectives on the guy: https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1/7/ ... ms-georgia

He is going to look better than he ever has because of Russell Wilson, but I expect a lot of frustration, and offensive stagnation. The same kind of things we saw under Bevell.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:How's Eddie Lacy doing?

Gotten smaller?

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:I would guarantee this much:

If Shotty failed to impress as Seahawks’ OC, he will never become a HC in NFL. No doubt about it.

If he would to be super successful, ie top 3 offense in year 3, he would be under consideration for HC by Paul and other owners.

I am hoping that he turn our offense around, I felt like we have two great pieces: Wilson and Baldwin; an unproven but potential game changer in Penny; and two nice change of pace RBs, so we have some asset in skilled position. Two good blocking TEs and an OL stocked with two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team guard.

If Shotty could improve points per game from our 22.9 (#11th ranked) to 26.1 (#5th Jacksonville) in this season and to 28 (#3rd Philly) in next season. Hawks could go really really deep in playoffs.

Are we better this season on offense? We lost a capable but incomplete TE, a speedy WR, a LOL LG. We gained one of the best college RB, return of Carson. A faulted but top notch run blocking RG, and a pair of top notch BLOCKING TEs. I like our chance to be better than last year.

Guys, 3 points or a field goal per game separate us from league’s #5 offense!

And how many missed field goals this last season??? Maybe the kicking game really matters for our overall offense.

This was a good post, and I'm with you, toffee, on the potential of the season. I'm also hopeful that our line is more cohesive, with better technique, and provides lanes for our RBs. That would help our offense in every way. Russ will have a cleaner pocket because play-action will actually mean something, and we may even see the return of Russ keeping it on RO plays.
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Your confidence is refreshing.

No worries, that is why we have an 80 yard punter now....Pete thinks of everything! :irishdrinkers:

Pete Does! :irishdrinkers: :rumble: :irishdrinkers: (Except we have no kicker)
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• He's extremely lucky to be the OC after failing at his last 3 and only 3 stops at the position, but if he can find a way to be successful then why not.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

If he is awesome he will be poached after 1 yr. NFL Teams are desperate for QB guru type Head Coaches. So he will be an NFL Head Coach, just for another team.

-or-

More than likely he will be just okay and not be deemed Head Coach material. In that case he definitely won't get the Seahawks job. Paul Allen likes to hire big.

Just throw him on the pile along with Cable, Bevell, & Richard who were supposed to be the Seahawks next Head Coach according to some around here.

Whenever Pete hangs em up, and it will most likely be his decision because of what he has brought this team, Paul Allen will hire big. Just look at his most successful hires in Holmgren and PC. No more Jim Moras. Whenever the next coaching search happens I fully expect to see an outside hire.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    Fade wrote:I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

-or-

Whenever Pete hangs em up, and it will most likely be his decision because of what he has brought this team, Paul Allen will hire big. Just look at his most successful hires in Holmgren and PC. No more Jim Moras. Whenever the next coaching search happens I fully expect to see an outside hire.

Pederson may be enticed to come across the lake, he won't have to move his family. That is if Pederson thinks he has accomplished what he sought after coming to the UW, his system has proven able to transfer from a lower tier league now to a top tier league.

The next step would have to be the NFL if he has that itch to scratch.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Petersen would be an amazing hire. Coach Pete seems like he doesn't have any interest in the NFL, but if he does, Paul Allen should pursue aggressively.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    Fade wrote:I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

-or-

Pederson may be enticed to come across the lake, he won't have to move his family. That is if Pederson thinks he has accomplished what he sought after coming to the UW, his system has proven able to transfer from a lower tier league now to a top tier league.

I thought you were talking about Doug Pederson and I got hella excited. Not like it would happen anyway, guy just won a SB and could be Philly coach for a long time.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:

Here is why.

-or-

I thought you were talking about Doug Pederson and I got hella excited. Not like it would happen anyway, guy just won a SB and could be Philly coach for a long time.

Well Philly has little patience and if they have a down year anything could happen, he is from Waashington also so that move would not be to far fetched either.

Born: Jan 31, 1968 (age 50) · Bellingham, WA

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ah yes, he is a local boy. Maybe things don't work out in Philly but I'd imagine he's earned at least a three year leash.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:How's Eddie Lacy doing?

I’ll stand on my pre-draft Russell Wilson prediction. Funny thing is I got a week ban for saying he would be this franchises best QB. Was told to stop trolling.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• You got called a troll for saying Russ would be the best in team history? wow
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:You got called a troll for saying Russ would be the best in team history? wow

He isn't though, Hasselbeck was twice the QB. :0190l:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• dynamite, boom goes the
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• For those who are talking about Brian's last 3 stints go back and look at their QB situations.

He always had a subpar QB or his star QB hurt all the time
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons

If we’re able to poach DQ it probably means he’s not doing very well anymore
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• kthebestwayw wrote:For those who are talking about Brian's last 3 stints go back and look at their QB situations.

He always had a subpar QB or his star QB hurt all the time

Pretty sure they said that about Greg Knapp, too, when they needed to feel better about hiring him.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons

If we’re able to poach DQ it probably means he’s not doing very well anymore

That would be true about any current HC... Its not like Andy Reid was a bad hire for KC because he was doing bad in Philly at the time.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information