Brian Schottenheimer - future Seahawks Head Coach

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Now that I’m on record I feel much better.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Oh heck that other guy that was slated to be head coach isn't going to come back from Oakland to take over now ? Hope Schottenheimer is that successful because that means the team is. For now I am Just going to be estatic if they improve on offense to the point of scoring in the first half.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
We will see, I hope it is true but way to early to tell.

sutz

Reaction score
Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

I'm not so sure Pete will retire in 3 years, he still looks pretty energized and motivated. But as they say, we'll see.

There's always the chance, of course, that if Schotty does well, he'll be recruited by some team as a HC, for which we may not be able to protect him.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2lfvw151 said:
He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Now that I’m on record I feel much better.

Your last prediction I remember was Lacy was a BEAST and would hit it big here last year IIRC.

Hope you didn't just doom Shotty..... :shock:

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":3sog8km7 said:
Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

I'm not so sure Pete will retire in 3 years, he still looks pretty energized and motivated. But as they say, we'll see.

There's always the chance, of course, that if Schotty does well, he'll be recruited by some team as a HC, for which we may not be able to protect him.

In general I agree but there were times last season that Pete looked absolutely exhausted and at wits end about WTH was happening around him. Never seen him so stressed myself. Hence the reason Cabevell is gone now IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
Atradees":2j306uhg said:
Your confidence is refreshing.

What if we cant run the football?

No worries, that is why we have an 80 yard punter now....Pete thinks of everything! :irishdrinkers:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":30xdfthx said:
sutz":30xdfthx said:

In general I agree but there were times last season that Pete looked absolutely exhausted and at wits end about WTH was happening around him. Never seen him so stressed myself. Hence the reason Cabevell is gone now IMO.
True, and maybe if this year goes like last he may do something. But from what I've seen from recent pressers, the infusion of new coaches and young players has re-energized him. I think there is something to the idea that he prefers working with young guys to vets. Some of the guys that have left did seem to get jaded and lose the "compete" philosophy. Certainly, we lost a bit of the full buy in team mantra.

IAE, I look for Pete to be his energetic, gum chewing self this year. :179422:

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":14cfsu1n said:
Seymour":14cfsu1n said:
sutz":14cfsu1n said:

True, and maybe if this year goes like last he may do something. But from what I've seen from recent pressers, the infusion of new coaches and young players has re-energized him. I think there is something to the idea that he prefers working with young guys to vets. Some of the guys that have left did seem to get jaded and lose the "compete" philosophy. Certainly, we lost a bit of the full buy in team mantra.

IAE, I look for Pete to be his energetic, gum chewing self this year. :179422:

Well that is a good point and you are probably right about that now that I give it more thought. I think he is indeed more in his realm or wheelhouse working with younger players. I also think that is in part why Earl has had no know offer from the team even though the guy can still play.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The names rumored earlier this year were Gruden, Saban and Harbaugh. Gruden is obviously out. The other two depends on how much Paul wants to pay. It seemed Harbaugh was Pete's choice and Saban was Paul's.

If someone wants to search, I'm sure the article could be found. I don't think Gruden was actually mentioned by name. But it was rumored to be down to three at the time. And he would have been a safe bet at the time.

Of course it's a little moot at the moment. A lot can change between now and when the time comes.

Seymour

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2u3jbvm3 said:
The names rumored earlier this year were Gruden, Saban and Harbaugh. Gruden is obviously out. The other two depends on how much Paul wants to pay. It seemed Harbaugh was Pete's choice and Saban was Paul's.
ucp.php?i=165
If someone wants to search, I'm sure the article could be found. I don't think Gruden was actually mentioned by name. But it was rumored to be down to three at the time. And he would have been a safe bet at the time.

Of course it's a little moot at the moment. A lot can change between now and when the time comes.

Huh?? I don't understand how "whats your deal" would be Pete's choice??

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Based on what he has actually done, I dislike this idea a lot. I like the optimism though. I hope he is so successful that we feel that way after this season or next.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh Cable is going to be the Next Head Coach, Then Bevell, the Richard, now Schotty who has yet to call one play for the Seahawks.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

homerun1970

Reaction score
HawkGA":hnnki46y said:

Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
homerun1970":38cvdnz3 said:
HawkGA":38cvdnz3 said:

Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.
Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2guo5ma9 said:
homerun1970":2guo5ma9 said:
HawkGA":2guo5ma9 said:

Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.

Mentioning his name got me a warning here because everyone is suppose to magically know he was banned and cannot "defend himself". :roll: :pukeface: :141847_bnono: