Russell Wilson a Tier two QB 6th overall in ESPN ranking

pugs1

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has been grossly underrated in this tier ranking since its inception but this year takes the cake!
Name one QB ahead of him on this list that could put up his numbers and survive past October behind our OL?
I don’t know why I let this crap bother me but it does.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It’s funny Tier 1 is defined as QBs who don’t need help to carry their offense yet Big Ben was listed there. He is not playing with arguably the best supporting cast, he is playing with the best supporting cast in the NFL. Above average OL, Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, and JuJu. Meanwhile, Wilson is playing with Seattle Community Colleges JV OL and Doug Baldwin. Despite that, he still led the league in passing TDs and yards from scrimmage last year.....butttttt is in Tier 2?

I’m struggling to find reasons why this makes any sense at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tolad ya all the piling on would continue, always hate how ESPN ranks anything in the Northwest though.

OP
OP
pugs1

pugs1

Reaction score
I love Brees but he goes 7-9 three straight years always a tier one. Gets a dominant run game throws less still a tier one QB Russ goes 9-7 K blows two games, no healthy RB’s, scores every TD but one but not a #1

adeltaY

Reaction score
pugs1":12crs0qs said:
I love Brees but he goes 7-9 three straight years always a tier one. Gets a dominant run game throws less still a tier one QB Russ goes 9-7 K blows two games, no healthy RB’s, scores every TD but one but not a #1

I agree with you that they should switch Ben and Wilson.

Brees was fantastic last year and is absolutely a tier 1 QB. Those Saints teams he was going 7-9 on were absolute disasters and he was throwing for close to or more than 5000 yards a year. It absolutely was not his fault.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well one has to remember that ESPN produces and writes only what the NFL will allow now, if you don't promote who they want they will tell ESPN to fire you now and they will.

chris98251

Reaction score
chris98251":1375pqj2 said:
Well one has to remember that ESPN produces and writes only what the NFL will allow now, if you don't promote who they want they will tell ESPN to fire you now and they will.

Well we may not have the corner on the Market for head cases this year in the NFC west, we let some go but seems the Rams put a sign up as a Sanctuary team for head cases.

OP
OP
pugs1

pugs1

Reaction score
adeltaY":17r5yrby said:
pugs1":17r5yrby said:

I agree with you that they should switch Ben and Wilson.

Brees was fantastic last year and is absolutely a tier 1 QB. Those Saints teams he was going 7-9 on were absolute disasters and he was throwing for close to or more than 5000 yards a year. It absolutely was not his fault.
Was not talking about taking Brees out of tier one just making a point to include Russ.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
East Coast Bias
Sells Clicks
People Even Live Up There In The
Northwest?

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't know why fans get so upset about media opinions. They change like the wind.

Fact is RW is now with a decent OC and he can shut all his critics up this season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seafan":3bxtz6p6 said:
I don't know why fans get so upset about media opinions. They change like the wind.

Fact is RW is now with a decent OC and he can shut all his critics up this season.
Schottenheimer a good OC? Good one.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hey at least they finally ranked him ahead of Luck. Progress! I think Brady ranked Wilson in the top 4 for whatever that’s worth.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Consider it billboard material.

Hopefully there’s a lot more to come, and it puts a huge chip on some shoulders.

Our guys seem to need “something to prove”, or at least it feels that way.

Remember this?
It’s proof these AssHats have no clue.
They say shit to say shit.
[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]

pmedic920

Reaction score
austinslater25":n2mz5pcd said:
Hey at least they finally ranked him ahead of Luck. Progress! I think Brady ranked Wilson in the top 4 for whatever that’s worth.

Tom B. ranking our guy at #4 is huge.
I hate the guy but he knows what he’s talking about, he was honest with his opinion, and didn’t make a list to stir up controversy.

I respect that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pugs1":3h8rpcoh said:
Russell Wilson has been grossly underrated in this tier ranking since its inception but this year takes the cake!
Name one QB ahead of him on this list that could put up his numbers and survive past October behind our OL?
I don’t know why I let this crap bother me but it does.

I laughed when I saw Andrew Luck at 10th in the same Tier as Wilson..ARE YOU KIDDING ME ESPN

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2lzs2vjk said:
austinslater25":2lzs2vjk said:

Tom B. ranking our guy at #4 is huge.
I hate the guy but he knows what he’s talking about, he was honest with his opinion, and didn’t make a list to stir up controversy.

I respect that.

Agreed. Rankings by your peers mean more to fellow players than most any other accolades/ratings.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Except players consistently prove they’re even worse than the media at ranking players as evidence by NFL Networks Top 100 votes on by the players

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just some points of clarification:

(1) As has been the case since Sando first started doing this, these rankings aren't done by "the media" or the players -- they're based on the rankings from 50 NFL execs per year. This year that includes: "10 general managers, five head coaches, 10 coordinators, 10 senior personnel executives, five QB coaches and 10 others with job titles ranging from assistant coach to salary-cap manager to analytics director."

People getting mad at "the media" (or blaming media bias or east coast media bias or ESPN) are off-base on this one. If you don't like where Wilson is positioned on this your beef is with the surveyed GMs, head coaches, coordinators, etc.

Remember also who "the media" is in this case. It's Mike Sando, who went to college in Spokane, covered the Seahawks as a beat reporter for 9 years, and still lives in Washington. I 100% do not believe for even a fraction of a second that he's putting his finger on the scale on these expert rankings, but if he was, the claim that Sando is biased against the Seahawks or has an East Coast media bias when he's been a West Coast guy his entire life is just silly.

(2) This is the highest ranking Wilson has received. Going back to 2014 he was ranked 8, 8, 6, and 10. As point of comparison out of the 50 people polled he got 15 tier 1 votes this year compared to 3 tier 1 votes last year.

(3) Wilson is the highest rated QB on a non-playoff team last year (Rivers is the second, two spots behind him).

(4) In terms of ranking (Tiers are sooooo much better than rankings, but whatever) Wilson and Stafford are virtually tied at 6/7.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Popeyejones":l32e4ufa said:
Just some points of clarification:

(1) As has been the case since Sando first started doing this, these rankings aren't done by "the media" or the players -- they're based on the rankings from 50 NFL execs per year. This year that includes: "10 general managers, five head coaches, 10 coordinators, 10 senior personnel executives, five QB coaches and 10 others with job titles ranging from assistant coach to salary-cap manager to analytics director."

People getting mad at "the media" (or blaming media bias or east coast media bias or ESPN) are off-base on this one. If you don't like where Wilson is positioned on this your beef is with the surveyed GMs, head coaches, coordinators, etc.

Remember also who "the media" is in this case. It's Mike Sando, who went to college in Spokane, covered the Seahawks as a beat reporter for 9 years, and still lives in Washington. I 100% do not believe for even a fraction of a second that he's putting his finger on the scale on these expert rankings, but if he was, the claim that Sando is biased against the Seahawks or has an East Coast media bias when he's been a West Coast guy his entire life is just silly.

(2) This is the highest ranking Wilson has received. Going back to 2014 he was ranked 8, 8, 6, and 10. As point of comparison out of the 50 people polled he got 15 tier 1 votes this year compared to 3 tier 1 votes last year.

(3) Wilson is the highest rated QB on a non-playoff team last year (Rivers is the second, two spots behind him).

(4) In terms of ranking (Tiers are sooooo much better than rankings, but whatever) Wilson and Stafford are virtually tied at 6/7.

But what point are you trying to clarify? The point I think people are trying to make is Wilson tied for 6/7 on any list, by any writer, exec, coach, fan or player is absurd.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1y0ubddr said:
Seafan":1y0ubddr said:

Schottenheimer a good OC? Good one.

So he sucks already then? :roll:

Read carefully...he said decent OC