I'd like to take my little one to her first game...

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'd like to take my daughter to her first game. I've been waiting till she's older so she can remember her first live game. She's going on 11.

I'd like to know which sections/seats you guys think are kid friendly, if any? Also, she's pretty tiny, like 4'7". She's really into the Seahawks, yup, raising her right! So I don't want her to miss any of the game. Is having a kid on your shoulders from time to time frowned upon?

Lastly, if anyone has tickets that they'd like to sell that meets what I'm asking for, PM me. Hopefully asking this is aloud? If not, I'll edit it out.

Thanks so much.

Go Hawks!

Steve2222

Reaction score
If you’re in the stands with a child on your shoulders, yes that would be frowned up. I think most people would choose not to sit behind Yao Ming.

As far as games go, I’d recommend picking a 1pm game in September or October when the weather is nicer. If in the late fall, winter, make sure you choose seats that are covered from the elements. A good rule of thumb if looking for kid friendly, the more expensive, probably the better. You’ll always have those few idiots ruining it for everyone, but for the most part people are courteous around kids. Not something I’d worry too much about regardless where you sit.

LargentFan

Reaction score
In my experience, people in front of you will stand up quite a bit. I would if I was in front of you. That said, she should safely be able to stand on her own seat and be plenty tall to see over them.
A quick tip. If you plan to buy bottled water or pop, they will take the lid off when they give it to you. It’s to keep people from throwing full bottles. Bring a couple caps of your own so that you can close your drinks if need be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The little guy who has now grown some who sits next to us at the games stands on his seat when watching the game and this makes him as tall as the crowd around him, nobody will complain.

Buy lots of treats, she'll have a blast.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I assume season ticket renewals are down. Wouldn't be surprised if the waitlist shrunk. You shouldn't have any issues finding tickets.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
If just "going" to her first game is priority and the actual importance of the game to the Hawks in NFL standings go doesn't really make a difference to her, pick one of the pre-season games and plan for a long day.

Get there early so she can watch the players warm up and you can make a long term trip through the pro-shop for her first jersey or something else that you want to get for her.

Tickets for pre-season games should also be easy to find and you shouldn't have to pay more than face value for them.

The pre-season games this year are against the Indy Colts and the Oakland Raiders. Both are on Thursday nights and both start at 7pm PST so it will be a late trip home. Raider games do seem to attract more of a drinking, foul mouthed crowd of Raider fans, so that may something to think about.

Regular season games start earlier but will cost you more and good seats will be harder to find unless you don't mind some nose bleeders.

My suggestion if you can swing it is to get some seats in section 130. (my section, been there since the beginning)

This sections entrance on the ground level is right next to the Hawks tunnel and if you come early enough to find the players wandering in and out of the locker room during warm ups, player autographs can be easy to get for kids if you bring something to sign and a Sharpy or something else to sign with. This is a very important thing to remember, BRING SOMETHING TO SIGN WITH, players don't carry pens or Sharpies, I have seen a lot of kids walk away petty unhappy because someone forgot to bring something to sign autographs with them.

A hat you just bought at the Pro Shop maybe?

Regular season games will get you Touchdown City in the Event center and normally has a bunch of stuff for kids to do if that may be something you want to consider, just allow plenty of time to do it.

Take a good camera and take lots of once in a lifetime photos.

If you want, PM me your phone number and we may be able to figure a way to get you some tickets in section 130 near mine as I know everyone that owns season tickets to my right, front and behind me as most don't do the pre-season games.

Hope this helps.

GO HAWKS!!!