Malik McDowell Waived (Plus other moves)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Again, no surprise... but it's too bad. I would have loved to see the guy play.

Seymour

Reaction score
Certainly not the type of HUGE BUST we were looking for.....

6d8c51c3cd09dd16285ccda19b73373a

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
More upset about Elliott being waived, to be honest. Everyone knew McDowell was gone. Elliott really showed some potential before getting hurt last year, though. Was looking forward to seeing him compete for a spot.

endzorn

Reaction score
Does anyone here believe Seattle should go after McDowell’s bonus? I believe we could retrieve some cap room by making him pay that money back.

kf3339

Reaction score
endzorn":3vcdy3yd said:
Does anyone here believe Seattle should go after McDowell’s bonus? I believe we could retrieve some cap room by making him pay that money back.

They should, but won't at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1yub31ed said:
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/442169/malik-mcdowell-draft-story-seahawks/

good read

Good perspective...............but it's only a positive IF guys like Carson, Hill and Thompson turn out to be good players. If not, then we traded down to select McDowell, missing out on a good playerAND the picks we gained stink.

Seymour

Reaction score
I hope Clayton's knee pads are heavily padded for that article. What a reach.... :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2136wnpp said:
End of an era for sure.

Almost as bad as Aaron Curry

At least Curry had a beginning to his "era". McDouche never had one. :roll:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I wonder if we will ever really know what the injuries were. Not that it matters at this point but must have been pretty severe.

Rat

Reaction score
Damn, Malik was the most excited I've been about a draft pick in a long time. Such an unfortunate situation. I hope he bounces back in life.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1tdbr1zl said:
I wonder if we will ever really know what the injuries were. Not that it matters at this point but must have been pretty severe.

I read somewhere that it was a pretty devastating concussion sustained. Serious head trauma to the point that playing football was out of the question.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2kfvxpaq said:

All reports said "extensive brain and eye injury."

So yeah, I'd call that pretty severe and a reason for the Hawks and NFL to not let McDowell ever play again.

I'm over it, time to move on.

toffee

Reaction score
If his health or injury couldn't heal in two years, quite sure he won't bounce back as a football player. I really would like to satisfy my curiosity: What went wrong in that accident?????

getnasty

Reaction score
Kam, Malik and Cliff lost forever in 1 year. People can say bust but that's just horrible luck for the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's no possible way the Front Office could predict two fluke neck injuries and the McDowell debacle.
No matter what the bashers want to say, NO organization can predict stuff like this.