South Alaska

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes I know, I know. I shouldn't give two craps about the coverage - or lack thereof - of the Seahawks in the national media. But here's my issue. I don't follow baseball. I don't follow hockey. I don't follow soccer or basketball or any other major sport you can think of.

All I have, and all I have ever cared about is the Seahawks and by extension, the NFL. So I watch NFL Network's "Total Access" every single day of the year. Gives me my fix for the only sport I care about. Now between 2013 and 2015, it was the Golden Years for Seahawks fans. You could literally turn on ESPN or NFL Network at any given time of the day and they would talk about the Seahawks within minutes.

Now? It's literally laughable. Training Camp highlights are pretty much the Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Jets, Vikings, Eagles...I have recorded HOURS and HOURS of "Inside Training Camp LIVE!" where you would think the obligation is to find enough time in all those hours of coverage to show every team, if even for a few seconds.

So how many minutes have I seen NFL Network cover the Seahawks training camp since last week?

Zero.

That's right. I have yet to see them go to Seattle and talk Seahawks even for 15 seconds. Now I admit, maybe they actually have and I just somehow missed it but I dunno...I am a professional DVR fast-forwarder and I haven't seen a single frame.

That changed today when Total Access showed Shaquem Griffin picking off Russ on a bland 7-7 drill. Outside of that? Crickets.

Now before you call me too sensitive, or state "Who cares??" meet me halfway. The Seahawks are one of the most elite teams in recent years, period. You have a Top 5 QB with tons of endorsements and social media bravado, And a 9-7 season last year is like a "GASP!" as opposed to decades ago when a 9-7 season would have been grounds for a parade in the Pacific Northwest.

So why the deliberate shade? Just because some great players are no longer here? Is that myopic or what?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mistashoesta":219fcxho said:
[youtube]XlMwTjJ1bU8[/youtube]

As I said, admittedly I may have missed coverage which clearly I did.

BUT STILL!! :p :lol:

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Every time I turn it on they are at Lambeau, or in Canton. Which would make sense with the HOF coming up I guess.

mikeak

Reaction score
My takeaway from this

“.I am a professional DVR fast-forwarder “

LMAO. Great expression / sentence

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mikeak":333sqphc said:
My takeaway from this

“.I am a professional DVR fast-forwarder “

LMAO. Great expression / sentence

:2thumbs: Me too. I suppose someone has to take the reigns. Just need to know if he offers classes. :twisted:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
They are going to have a segment tonight. along with Broncos and Bears.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3v3d7uav said:
So why the deliberate shade? Just because some great players are no longer here? Is that myopic or what?

Yes you're being myopic.

If you're the program director of any of the sports stations, what Seahawk story other than the Earl holdout would you possibly think the average viewer would care about?

This is how it used to be for us when we stunk, and until we're good again this is how it'll go back to. No one outside of Seattle gives a rat's ass about us, especially without all the controversial players like Bennett and Sherman giving reporters controversial fodder to write and talk about.

You want people to talk, win.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xm1nzok said:
Aros":2xm1nzok said:

Yes you're being myopic.

If you're the program director of any of the sports stations, what Seahawk story other than the Earl holdout would you possibly think the average viewer would care about?

This is how it used to be for us when we stunk, and until we're good again this is how it'll go back to. No one outside of Seattle gives a rat's ass about us, especially without all the controversial players like Bennett and Sherman giving reporters controversial fodder to write and talk about.

You want people to talk, win.

I agree 100% with Largent. The Seahawks are trending towards being the Ravens at this point, with a much better QB. From the media perspective, both have established, highly respected head coaches who won rings several years ago and always field competitive teams, but haven't been legit contenders for a few seasons either. To be fair, the Ravens just took a QB in the first round, so they'll get more coverage just based on that.

Anyway who cares if the media doesn't talk enough about us, we have each other here! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Today I have seen a nice amount of Seahawks coverage on NFL Network. Apparently my childish temper tantrum post worked.

:lol:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I really struggle with national coverage like this, almost everything they say I just disagree with or want them to expand on why that is.... there is a reason for this or that. Frustrating to watch, I guess I feel like I know more than they do about the Seahawks, not about football or the NFL, but the Seahawks, absolutely.

Like the video above, whoever the meathead sitting in the middle, "Russell Wilson has been successful because of that defense and running game...." "Oh he had a good year last year...." trying to ease his critique a bit.

But I'm thinking, no tell the whole truth here, he led the NFL in passing TD's last year, he should have been a serious candidate for MVP. He did it with zero run game and a mediocre worn out D, that really gave him minimal help.

But please tell me how he only succeeds with a Marshawn quality RB and a Top 3 all time D, makes perfect sense. :roll: /s

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
For years, the Seahawks were media darlings.

We have a 3-year stretch where the Seahawks were picked as NFC favorites for the SB or at least contenders.

At the start of every year, we got plenty of coverage pointing out just how good the Seahawks were.

In that time we did not advance in the playoffs other than the Wildcard game. In fact, we were often shelled in whatever game we played put the wildcard - save for last year when we did not even make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have gotten better, the Saints got better, the Vikings got better and the Rams got much better.

There are plenty of other teams to cover, our defense got worse and there is barely a puncher's chance this team will do much contending for a SB this year. I do think we will make the playoffs as a wildcard and I think we will advance, but we are not beating the Rams, Eagles, Saints or Vikings in the playoffs based on what we know now.

Not sure how much national coverage you want for a team projected to be 8 or 9 wins by even most of its fan base?

The Ravens analogy is a good one. Though we have a much better QB than they did.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3n49ene7 said:
I really struggle with national coverage like this, almost everything they say I just disagree with or want them to expand on why that is.... there is a reason for this or that. Frustrating to watch, I guess I feel like I know more than they do about the Seahawks, not about football or the NFL, but the Seahawks, absolutely.

Like the video above, whoever the meathead sitting in the middle, "Russell Wilson has been successful because of that defense and running game...." "Oh he had a good year last year...." trying to ease his critique a bit.

But I'm thinking, no tell the whole truth here, he led the NFL in passing TD's last year, he should have been a serious candidate for MVP. He did it with zero run game and a mediocre worn out D, that really gave him minimal help.

But please tell me how he only succeeds with a Marshawn quality RB and a Top 3 all time D, makes perfect sense. :roll: /s

There's no reason to ever get worked up about what the local or national media say about our teams.

Remember, their job is to stir the pot, get clicks and create controversy..............that's what drives ratings. Hell, Skip Bayless has made an entire career out of being a media troll getting into beefs with any fanbase that will listen.

I don't even watch Sportscenter or NFL network anymore. I can get highlights and real information on Twitter 24/7, I don't need to listen to a round table or panel of media idiots with their hot takes trying to make a name for themselves.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1x8dmtxu said:
twisted_steel2":1x8dmtxu said:

There's no reason to ever get worked up about what the local or national media say about our teams.

Remember, their job is to stir the pot, get clicks and create controversy..............that's what drives ratings. Hell, Skip Bayless has made an entire career out of being a media troll getting into beefs with any fanbase that will listen.

I don't even watch Sportscenter or NFL network anymore. I can get highlights and real information on Twitter 24/7, I don't need to listen to a round table or panel of media idiots with their hot takes trying to make a name for themselves.

Pretty much they are for the bandwagon jumpers. Give them an angle as to their new team this year. It is actually a sound policy too keeping some people on the edge of their seats for no reason. "What he say, what he say, what he say???" never mind....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I used to get worked up about them not talking about us blah blah blah. Now I prefer they ignore us. Please keep telling the team what they CAN'T do.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'll never understand why fans get so up in arms about not being on ESPN every 37 seconds.

If they have a great season, the coverage will follow .. if they don't, it won't. Not much else to it. ESPN/NFLN/media in general runs with what generates the most interest.. hearing about how the Seahawks want to run it 40 times a game isn't very exciting for anyone outside of this fan base.

Latest posts