A few camp quips from GMF

brimsalabim

Reaction score
GMF just aired a quick segment with Russell at camp ( they teased another around 10 eastern) Russ was still reserved and candid but A couple interesting comments were made. Russell said the defense was practicing with a “ Hunger” we haven’t had since the early days with a lot of young guys trying to make names. He particularly singled out “the Griff brothers” and the int. The reporter asked Russ about a comment Pete had made about Shotty being a great match for Russell and asked
Him to elaborate. Russell said that Shotty is a film junky too and is willing to spend time breaking down tape with him and plannning.... I may be reading too much into this but is he hinting that the evil did not? Finally Russell said that the protection will undoubtedly be better under Mike Solari. Now maybe he was referring to the new contract for his blind side protection but he also mentioned and bolded our new offensive line coach.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good stuff. If Shotty is going to spend more time w/him in the film room and/or willing to call him out on stuff and really get in his grill from time to time.....that has to be a good thing. I would like to see more check downs, screen passes to RB's, running more when it's wide open for him etc. While I'm a huge Russ fan, those are things that could really improve his game and our offense imo. The Titans game comes in mind, as far as seeing an offense that is very successful with screen passes to the RB. This is something that they could really utilize more imo.

OP
OP
brimsalabim

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":223ph9mo said:
Good stuff. If Shotty is going to spend more time w/him in the film room and/or willing to call him out on stuff and really get in his grill from time to time.....that has to be a good thing. I would like to see more check downs, screen passes to RB's, running more when it's wide open for him etc. While I'm a huge Russ fan, those are things that could really improve his game and our offense imo. The Titans game comes in mind, as far as seeing an offense that is very successful with screen passes to the RB. This is something that they could really utilize more imo.
yes, Russ gave every indication that he welcomes and enjoys the constructive criticism from his new OC. He made it sound like he has more input as well. Maybe this will lead to him taking more ownership off the offense before the fourth quarter?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Imagine that, a world where they don't call conservative crap the first half of the game. That's crazy enough to just work :irishdrinkers:

kf3339

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3fuaykd2 said:
Imagine that, a world where they don't call conservative crap the first half of the game. That's crazy enough to just work :irishdrinkers:

:ditto:

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":1g7wpk0d said:
Sounds like maybe Russ has a “new” confidence.

That has to be a “plus”.

I like it.

:{)

Maybe....but maybe not? I heard a report today that in the 11 on 11's 5 of 10 pass plays were sacks on WIlson. That is against our "poor pass rush" D we are fielding. Missing assignments I heard was partial cause, and one was Griffen coming in untouched (of course they didn't really hit Wilson, but he was dead to rights)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like Vicky and she likes me back..........and she showed me her boobies and I like them too!

Bobby Boucher