Jaron Brown 'hated Seattle' prior to signing

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/1026596395690672128[/tweet]

“I hated Seattle,” Brown quipped when asked his impressions of the team prior to signing. “It’s a tough stadium to play in, obviously the 12s take credit with that. It was always a very competitive game.”

Brown has seen more success than most, as his former team went 4-1 at CenturyLink while Brown was with them. Still, the six-year veteran will be happy to hear those cheers coming his way next season.

Brown is competing with Brandon Marshall, among others, to be Seattle’s No. 3 wide receiver. Called a ‘silent assassin‘ by Russell Wilson after Saturday’s scrimmage, Brown is a quiet leader who has shown up big so far in training camp.

Despite his previous feelings toward the Seahawks, Brown is certainly happy to shed his old cardinal and white for the blue and green.

“One of my first visits happened to be here and I was just kind of blown away from the facilities, coaches, and other players,” Brown stated. “It was just a winning culture.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was just telling a friend of mine that I'm calling it, Jaron Brown will be the surprise of any off season signing. In a good way.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Don't see why. The Cardinals owned us in our stadium probably more than anyone else.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And we owned them in their stadium. Not that the ridiculously overrated Arians nation would actually know that.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He will finish the season with over 1,000 receiving yards and 8 TDS. He will also make the pro bowl, but won't play in it because he'll be winning Superbowl MVP. Book it, quote it, bend the knee

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2zlggpex said:
He will finish the season with over 1,000 receiving yards and 8 TDS. He will also make the pro bowl, but won't play in it because he'll be winning Superbowl MVP. Book it, quote it, bend the knee

LOL. Someone is attempting to make someone else's sig line it looks like!

Personally, I think this is a breakout your for him too, but we aren't making any SB this year IMO. :snack:

homerun1970

Reaction score
Well Brown is ok now I guess, can't say I liked him when he was catching tds against us. Welcome to Seattle now it's ok seeing you in the endzone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
500 yards receiving and 4 td's for the season.

bigcc

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3esr48ko said:
I think Brown will be the next Bobby Engram.
That's an odd comparison... Completely different players

bigcc

Reaction score
Also to be fair I think any WR who has had to face us twice a year for the past several seasons feels the same way lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was surprised at the comparison for Brown to Engram. I don't think Brown of possession receiver type such as Engram was. Baldwin or Lockett are more comparable to Engram, imo. Jaron Brown could be like a Darrell Jackson type. Hope he does well in Seahawk blue.